Getting Started
Official links and tools
PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Taiwan Servers Still Available?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Rainfall 
ImpImp

Wed 13 May 2009 - 14:03  #
Does anyone know if the Taiwan servers are still available? Since this indeterminate shutdown, maybe changing regions is a good idea. Also Taiwan has WotLK up and running. I have Chinese friends who play it there, but I don't know if an English version will work.
The Duder 
MurlocMurloc

Wed 13 May 2009 - 14:24  #
The English version does indeed work on the tw servers. The lag however is spotty.
dongxu515 
CorpseCorpse

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Fri 15 May 2009 - 7:08  #
The Duder wrote:
The English version does indeed work on the tw servers. The lag however is spotty.
No!Not really i would say!It depends on the regions,some who got a ping less than 200ms ,and some had a ping around 1000ms,but it might be solved with using a proxy,with that you got like 100ms to 300ms .Well.i am currently playing on 冰霜之刺,had a char called Kilijay,whisper me in the game if wanna any futher help or email me at dongxu515@qq.com,glad to help you out there.
The Duder 
MurlocMurloc

Tue 19 May 2009 - 2:41  #
I think because I posted on this thread, and did try the tw trial, someone thinks I play there. I have a red name now.

I actually play on SH 1 servers.
Resto 
DefiasDefias

Tue 19 May 2009 - 3:37  #
can some1 please explain to those of us who dont know, how exactly 1 would go about playing on a Taiwanese server.....I am interested but dont know hot to go about it.
The Duder 
MurlocMurloc

Tue 19 May 2009 - 3:45  #
It's basically the same deal as using the English client to play on CWOW servers. You patch up to date, then edit the realmlst file.

I only played a trial there to see if the lag would be doable. I found that w/o a proxy of some kind, the lag was very spotty and I experienced a lot of random disconnects.

Getting time cards could be problematic if you don't want to deal with taobao.

Sponsored content 

Today at 18:29  #

Taiwan Servers Still Available?

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum