Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Globuline 
Timmy The CruelTimmy The Cruel
Globuline

Female Age : 38

Character in WOW
Server: maduolan-马多兰
Name: Globuline
Guild: Cow Eaters

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! _
  New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2007 - 18:59  #
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3854612a11,00.html

It's been a while ago already but I didn't have time to show you this astonishing news. Where the fuck are we going to????

TT
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2007 - 5:39  #
ZOMFG, that's so not good for EN lang. sure, it's 1337 n all to rite txt, but IMHO it's degrading lang. and IIRC all those acronyms and shortening sentences gonna make thgs harder to understand.
imagine a ttl n00b usin nutting but txt n 1337 h4xXx0R script in a XAM. that MUST sux.
NZ, U dizapoint me. I thought U R a c00l country. but this is laughable. i mean, ILICISCOMK. REALLY!

my 2 cents.

[------------------]
ZOMFG = 1337 version of OMFG (oh my fucking god)
1337 = coming from 31337 being "elite" / "leet" in haxxor script (lol)
IMHO = In my honest opinion
IIRC = If i recall correctly
ILICISCOMK = I laughed, i coughed, i spit coffee over my keyboard

except 1337 and zOMFG, these acronyms have been already accepted into most acronym dictionaries and are widely used (OMFG without Z as well). even something as silly as ILICISCOMK. you go type that in any geeky irc (internet relay chat) channel, and people do know..... sick world.
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Server: TW
Name: noobcake
Guild:

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2007 - 8:01  #
wtf... They r teh 1337. IMO it shuld B mandatory cuz 1337 speek pwnz !
Globuline 
Globuline

Character in WOW

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2007 - 9:42  #
Deadanus..... from the deep down of my heart.....
boulet

What a Face
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2007 - 9:50  #
It starts by a J and finishes by a E. And i'm afraid you did not get it in my former post.

But what troubles me even more than young people not knowing how to spell in forums is the posts where way too many "smileys" are used to express some ideas instead of writting directly.

my 2 RMB .
Globuline 
Globuline

Character in WOW

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2007 - 9:57  #
hey, it was a joke... But it's quite impressive to see how well you can use sms and how hard it was for me to try to understand.
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2007 - 10:34  #
Normally i don't use these kind of words even when i talk to online people.

I must admit that i use more and more the chinese way to "leet speak".

Everyone in the guilds i've been in uses it and it helps typing faster in many situations:

If you type:
"Beloved felow adventurers, it seems that a group of dragonlings are heading towards our group and i suggest that you all stand ready to engage an epic battle" --> most chance is that u will die before ending the sentance...

if you type:
"110" --> you might survive the angry mobs.
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Jan 2007 - 5:06  #
ROFLMAO MWAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA

how often did i die typing 110 even... hahahaha
but yeh, abbreviations,/acronyms or modified words to fit needs of faster and space (byte) saving communication is growing in all languages.
otherwise people would not be typing: 这个SB。。。TMD。去4把。
!!!NND!!!
so nevermind it. its just not right for "official" and formal language like in exams i guess. I know abbreviated speech because i probably spent more time on a PC in my life than most of you folks, due to programming. But still, most people i know get the hang of it.

And Glob, lets face it. when you type french... how silly do you feel to write "beaucoup" for something that sounds BOKU ??? Wink
so, yeah, chatting in french i will write bocoup AT LEAST!

Donc a va po s'emmerder ici rien ke pcq il a fe 1 blague le ti dead. Cs blagues sont po tjrs si faciles a comprendre. mais bon. ca ira. mais je crois ke mem toi, t'as deja chatter kelkes fois avec des copains d'une facon abreger ou d'une autre. donc allons, admettons le et hop, suivons notre vie normale. Smile

as for teh rest. THE MOST r0xXxing famous sentence of all times, coming from a broodwar veteran:

ALL UR BASE R BELONG TO US! PWNED, M8!
Globuline 
Globuline

Character in WOW

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Jan 2007 - 22:00  #
yep, I know I use sms too. But as minimum as possible. my answer has just irony inside 'cause he answered in sms too.^^ and in a bloddy sms that took me time to understand.

And you wouldn't shorten "beaucoup" as boku (unless you wanna make a dirty joke) but more like "bcp".

tkt vieu jmassum en sms stail, mem si Jc po mxprimé a 100% ds 7 langu bizar...
Krokro 
GolemGolem

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Biceps
Guild:

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeSat 6 Jan 2007 - 6:31  #
deadanus wrote:
"Beloved felow adventurers, it seems that a group of dragonlings are heading towards our group and i suggest that you all stand ready to engage an epic battle".

well the game lacks of poetry, i definitively prefer this version; its so simple to use shortcut to record sentences once for all
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeSat 6 Jan 2007 - 6:38  #
you are probably right, krokro..... that sentence would be right and sweet.
it would also fit a pvprpg server best, for the aspect of roleplay. not efficiency. have 40 people in a raid spam 20 word sentences they have bound on a macro, and the chatwindow will look like my hotmail address. spammed. plus, you would have to bind the macro for each type of sentnece on a key and / or button in the ui. and quite honestly,... i use 10 actionbars, thats 120 buttons, and they are USED..... i actually have to throw out buttons and replace them , depending on pvp or raid activity. same goes for my hotkeys. i sadly onlt have 5 fingers on my left hand.
Krokro 
GolemGolem

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Biceps
Guild:

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeSat 6 Jan 2007 - 9:37  #
well, it was only a joke since i usually use "110" or "小心", but i dont agree with the fact raid parties will be spammed; usually only a few people actually speak on the general raid channel, same for the general on ts, there are never 40people speaking at same time
besides, i have never believed that its possible to remind 120 shortcuts in the case of a game (if you do so, you are not playing anymore, you are professionnal). The human brain can bear a few shortcuts at first; then you need to "train" yourself in order to remember more (besides most of the shorcuts are not easy to perform, due to the distance of the various keys)
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeSat 6 Jan 2007 - 9:55  #
you have a point. in our case however, we are about 30 talking away. those who tdont tLk on TT write in the chat.... its preeeeeeeeeeeeegtty spammed..... not counting the whispers.....
thats the reason i have eparate chat windows in-game for different channels exclusively. when i DO raid, i DO have to pay attention do /RA /g /w /magechannel and teamtolk .... it kinda fills up... Smile

i dont have 120 keys mapped on meyboards. ROFLMAO. would be insane (i wish i could though). but i have 120 buttons of my actionbars used. actually wrong. to be very exact, i use 113 only and have 7 buttons for hotswapping and temporary macros i need to use for specific situations / bosses.
as far as mapping of hotkeys is concerned:
ASDWQE -> movement
` CTRL+TAB SHIFT+` -> secondary movement actions
123456tfvcxz F3 F4 F5-> spells
g -> target my target's target
r -> whispers
... and so on.... other buttons, like ojkhunmbp and so on remained on theyr standard bind. and i do use them. xcept, not that much in raid. Smile i do use bag hotkey and my SHIFT+C character pane hotkey a lot though to switch through gear and doublecheck.

anywho.... thats about it.... so, no 120 buttons, no.

Smile

PS: i do not "professionally" play wow. i was a professional gamer (in your terms... i guess we mean the same) before though, while playing Quake3 and broodwar. Guess some habits dont change.
But my raid, goes about the same as me. So i am not so weird. except for lazy hunters who use auto-fire and then go have a dumb in the toilet... bastards
Globuline 
Globuline

Character in WOW

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeSat 6 Jan 2007 - 11:33  #
How about the fact that for the rpg servers you could use sms as a weird language to create your own character? Not all of the rpg players have to use this middle age royal vocabulary (although it could suits well for paladins). It would be very fun to see a wawa dwarf saying something like :
"my dear fellow adventurers, I am delighted to announce you that in spite of all the trivial beliefs, I can be smart and express myself like a wise king even though I am a powerful warrior that do not have the tiniest time to read a book."

I'd se him more saying something like:
"'right mates, I do can be a smarty. Ye all believe rubbish! I doesn't read but I can use me axe well!"

And I imagine well a troll like that:
"Me Borlasssshhhhhh....me fight wellllll and don't brussshhhhh me teettthhhhhh all dayyyzzzzzz."

But anyway, as long as the background fits rpg can have lots of possibilities.
And I would love to check out a CHinese rpg server, but I'm sure I wouldn't understand a lot.
GreenMoon 
RaptorRaptor
GreenMoon

Male Age : 61

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan
Name: GreenMoon
Guild:

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 6:25  #
oooh my god, it tooks me several minutes to go through this post Shocked ...

My old brain is not formatted for all these languages Question . At leat today I learned what 110 means hehe.
So I don't care really much, in game if I understand messages I act accordingly or reply, if not....God will help priest .
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 7:23  #
for glob:
if you see a RPG server (ie: a server that doesn't say PVE or PVP only) on ANY chinese realmlist, call me, i pay the beers. i haven't.
and i doubt you will.
it would be nice, even though i despite the RPG servers a bit, having a very strong belief roleplay belongs to pen, paper and some dice. Smile
that were you can nuleash fantasy. not in a premade world that frames you in too much.... ^^
Globuline 
Globuline

Character in WOW

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 10:46  #
I heard here was 1 in Guangdong 4...
Sponsored content 

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!! I_icon_minitime  #

New Zealand student can write their exam in SMS!!!

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Miscellaneous :: Golden KTV -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com