Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

No more server regional restrictions!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:
Name: Overpowered
Guild: Foreign Shards

No more server regional restrictions! _
  No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009 - 8:01  #
Some news that Netease have removed the regional restrictions on the servers so now we will be able to transfer across any realm.

http://www.marbridgeconsulting.com/marbridgedaily/2009-06-15/article/27001/netease_to_remove_regional_barriers_between_mainland_wow_servers

Obviously this serves some benefits as foreigners and chinese on both factions who utilize this site (along with their friends who don't) could potentially setup on the same server and organize some world pvp events. Which I think even the hardcore PvE people can even enjoy. Or those who have already established their characters but don't really have many people to play with can merge up.

With at least 4 days before the servers are planned to go up this is a topic worth discussing.
wyeme 
MurlocMurloc

Character in WOW
Server: Shanghai 1
Name: Serulas
Guild: the foreigners

No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009 - 12:35  #
Hmm, this article actually seems to suggest that your character can be transferred anywhere, at anytime, and for free? How many times can we do this? Just at the new account creation on their Battle.net system?

It's just not that clear if this is a paid character transfer service, or some feature of the Battle.net system. And in fact, there was no region restriction before for character transfers, you just had to pay an extra 30 kuai.
mrmark 
KoboldKobold
mrmark

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 战歌
Name: Raghnok

No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009 - 13:27  #
As far as i can understand from this article this option is only available when the servers are up and running again. Only then they would grant you the free freedom to move your char around and choose your server to play on from that point on. Whenever you wanna move your char again you'll have to pay.

I would think that's a fair deal for all the inconvenience caused with all this downtime.
nikitoss1992 
SuccubusSuccubus
nikitoss1992

Male
Character in WOW
Server: 艾萨拉
Name: Hael
Guild:

No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009 - 13:32  #
This means that we can actually unite all the foreigners!! Oo If people want to we could colaborate on the server and guild name and all collect there. Anyone who wanna make a big foreign guild here?

Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009 - 14:25  #
Wyeme, before with transferring there were regional restrictions, you could transfer from between like district 1 and 4. But transferring between district 1 and 2 was impossible. I assume its a one time deal from the article when you log in. Further transfer I believe will cost money.

But that's probably the best case scenario, they might just have all your characters aready set on the regions and they just allow you transfer out from there at the cost of one or two cards.

Still I think this a great benefit than from before where there were a lot of people either on district 1 or 2 but unable to play together due to how The9 grouped the districts.
nikitoss1992 
SuccubusSuccubus
nikitoss1992

Male
Character in WOW
Guild:

No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009 - 14:47  #
dude i think they give free transfer once the patches will go up. thats what happen in EU when they put Russian servers up
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009 - 15:05  #
They usually offer free transfer to new realms from realms that are high in population. As for mass free transfer I have a hard time believing that. I think our characters will be on our original servers and then we will be able to transfer from there for a small fee. However allowing people to choose their server upon logging on seems unrealistic. Would cause huge server balance in my opinion and just the sheer of amount of data would overwhelm the servers.
ganaat 
HydraHydra
ganaat

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: Bronzebeard
Name:
Guild: chinese

No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2009 - 18:03  #
I don't care if transfers are free or not or easy to do so... as long as they're work...
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Server: Bronzebeard
Name: Rectum, Salty, Carebear and all the others..
Guild: yes

No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009 - 10:50  #
.......could be a recipe for disaster if the don't regulate it (as the9 didn't) we will end up with servers full of one faction or another rather than a balance. I really hope they use this to sort out the current mess with regards to this. I know for one my server is totally alliance dominated, that is gonna be some evil pile o shite when everyone hits northrend at the same time.
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009 - 13:09  #
Well going back on previous posts on the transitional forums it seems like the system is setup to allow you to log into any server at any time. I don't know exactly how that will work but the link is here.

http://wowbbs.163.com/viewthread.php?tid=33&extra=page%3D1

If someone could clarify that would be excellent.
nikitoss1992 
SuccubusSuccubus
nikitoss1992

Male
Character in WOW
Guild:

No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2009 - 15:13  #
huh wtf...that means we can move servers whenever we wanna?Oo
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun 2009 - 14:37  #
That's what it seems like the news is delivering but it still seems a little far fetched but that would be pretty cool but it would seem to cause massive server imbalances and how would Netease handle the information? I still think it just means we are allowed to pick our server upon logging on.
Sponsored content 

No more server regional restrictions! I_icon_minitime  #

No more server regional restrictions!

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com