Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Solved: log on netease servers with US client

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Hirna_zjmj 
Mukla the gorillaMukla the gorilla
Hirna_zjmj

Male Age : 31

Character in WOW
Server: 耐萨里奥
Name: Hirna
Guild: 天國的記憶

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 _
  Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 14:56  #
I WANNA TRY I WANNA PLAY !
Nous 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Nous

Male Age : 39

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 / 马多兰 / PVE
Name:
Guild: Cow Eaters

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 15:05  #
Right now I have a french TBC client and a chinese TBC client.

So I have to dwnld a WOTLK french client? Somebody have a link?
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Server: Bronzebeard
Name: Rectum, Salty, Carebear and all the others..
Guild: yes

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 15:08  #
can anyone who downloaded the data.zip file from the original post re host it? or poss email it to me shagradio@gmail.com

many thanks
masterfade 
CorpseCorpse

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 15:32  #
http://www.filefront.com/14164105/Data.zip

noob me, wasn't aware of rapidshare's download limit.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 15:34  #
for the guys who cannot download the Data.zip anymore here is another upload.
http://bresil-de-demain.org/Data.rar
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 15:48  #
Thanks for that guys.

Still no joy tho, I took a copy of my working chinese client and followed the instructions. changed all the US to CN, added the data files to the correct folders, checked all the .wtf files were changed, put the full lot in where alex did, added the skeleton .exe to my root directory, ticked the right boxes, hit the start button aaaaand ..no.

Sad

I fail
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 15:53  #
where should we have .wtf files, and what exactly should they say, I had one in my EN folder and in the wtf, config but i didnt have one in my root...i did try putting one there saying:

set realmlist cn.logon.warcraftchina.com
set patchlist cn.version.warcraftchina.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal cn

which was the same as the one in my data enCN folder but still didnt work....

...i'm gonna try from step one by copying my chinese client again and having another stab at all this shit
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 16:00  #
guys just a tip, right after you get into the login screen, you don't need the skeleton.exe to be active anymore. I'd recommend to kill the processus using the task manager. You never know if this stuff is... safe Twisted Evil
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 16:14  #
rectum config.wtf is inside the wow/WTF folder, realmlist.wtf is in your wow/data/enCN folder
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 16:20  #
ok followed your version bol.
thing is i dont know how simpLauncher works, I mean which "box" needs to be activated.
the top section has 5 possibilities and the bottom has 4.
the first time i launched the game it was still in chinese, then i tried again and my german verision started oh joy, but after trying to log in a nasty box appeared saying my gameversion couldnt be validated or something similar.
can someone post a screen shoot of a working simpLauncher?
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 16:39  #
yeah got the launcher from alexs' screenshot..... in the top section tick the top left and in the bottom part tick all except the top right.

(so basically its default plus the very bottom right from what i saw)

Bol yeah i have those files altered and i have done everything else, but still no dice, it throws up an error message in chinese.

I think my problem will be that when i got the new TBC launcher and instaleld the chinese client, for some reason it mixed with a US installation and renamed a few files, so i am running a bastard of what i should be. I will see if i can get a fresh install and try again.
igouroum 
ImpImp
igouroum

Character in WOW
Server: bronzebeard
Name: bobmarley
Guild:

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 16:44  #
can somebody post the cwow download link plz?
thanks in advance ^^
cheers
Nous 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Nous

Male Age : 39

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 / 马多兰 / PVE
Name:
Guild: Cow Eaters

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 16:49  #
I do not have the WOTLK client but only the TBC client. Does it work?
Gast 

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 16:51  #
yes. the klicks in my screenshot works
Uberpwnerer 
Blind DragonBlind Dragon
Uberpwnerer

Male Location : Beijing

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 16:58  #
can someone with CWOW post the root files?

its slow as HELL and i wanna try this.
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 17:08  #
ok i got it Smile

the problem was that i only changed the realmlist, which is in the wow folder and the congfig in the wtf folder.
I didnt change realmlist in the Data\enCN folder i newly created.

so for all that it doesnt work, make sure you change the realmlist in the Data\enCN folder

and good bol mentioned to cut of the skeleton.exe after you loaded the game and before you enter your login name and password

THANK YOU SO MUCH ALEX, BOL, ASHRA and all the other , without you I would have gone crazy
worship worship worship worship worship worship

Last edited by Muhan on Fri 31 Jul 2009 - 17:12; edited 1 time in total
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 17:10  #
oh and now the newly created working wow cant read chinese characters lol
will get those fonts, so it can display them correctly Wink
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 18:04  #
OK...it does work!! it was my halfbreed install causing the problems, I had to mark other installs as hidden and then fresh install the chinese client.

Problem is that you cant log in with matrix protection as its a different frmat here now, it still asks for the old 2 digit numbers and grid, not the new battlenet one.

I tried it with my unprotected account and everything is sweet.

However given that this is China thereis no way I'm gonna risk loosing 8 toons to a hacker, so until we get a patch or a fix I'm going native ut protected.

Many thanks again to alex, bol and masterfade for their patience and hard work. Just confirming that even a dumbass like me can get it working (6 installs later).

Just up to you guys if u wanna risk the hacks!
Gast 

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 18:18  #
OK guys,

After 4 wipes at Lady Vashi I will start now to collect all information from this thread and collect them in one post.

Biggest credits will go to Masterfade to bring us the solution.
Gast 

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 19:26  #
OK,

summarize of this thread in online in the sticky one.

I don't open a new one. The last days we already had so many new threads.

Can u delete your replys in the sticky one, because they are out of date now.
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009 - 20:10  #
Suzhou-Alex wrote:
OK guys,

After 4 wipes at Lady Vashi

I loled santa
ToT 
ImpImp
ToT

Character in WOW
Server: 二区.四区(2nd&4th CHN server)
Name: 猎人(hunter)
Guild: 零'|红蝶

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Aug 2009 - 6:43  #
I'm a Chinese. To tell u this first I mean I can help u with ur language problems.

1. Wannna download a Chinese Client? here:
http://wow.163.com/download/client/
and...under the"完整客户端下载", there is "暴雪下载器"(blizzard downloader), 2.49MB, click this "暴雪下载器" link, u will get a downloader, it would get u a full Chinese client.

2. Some Frequently asked Chinese words:

中国=China
台湾=Taiwan China
美国=USA
英国=UK
欧洲=EUROPE
亚洲=Asian
英文=English
中文=Chinese (Including traditional Chinese and Simple Chinese, not many different for u, ^.^)
下载=download
客户端=Client
补丁=Patch
更新=update
时间=time
版本=edition(version)

3. Any problem, u can ask me, or pm me.
and....
for me, i only have a US Client now, don't have time to dl a CHN Client, so i appreciate masterfade's effort and want to get a available method to make US client loggin to CHN server.

Masterfade's method maybe good, but maybe not, I don't know if you all get a security card?? which could protect your account, if u only using account and password to loggin, this method is good for u, but if u use account and password and security card to loggin, it will fail...the number on our Security card have 3 digit like "785", and the old one's only have 2.
Because netease(网易, CHN servers' carrier) use a security card that have 7line 12row 3digit, different from other client, so people who using both security card and US client can't input their security number so they can't loggin to game. If this is solved, PLS tell me!~~~~~~

and Ashra, what do u mean by saying "However given that this is China there is no way I'm gonna risk loosing 8 toons to a hacker"?
~clandestine~ 
CorpseCorpse
~clandestine~

Male Age : 32

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2009 - 13:24  #
its all way to complicated...
why dont we just all play the chinese version for a while...
until someone figures out an easy way to deliberate it
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2009 - 16:39  #
clandestine, I am not a PC freak and was able to do it. Simply follow bolomas version, taken from: https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/technical-support-f2/solved-log-on-netease-servers-with-us-client-t1199.htm

QUOTE: ... what i did instead of copying the files from chinese client to english one, was copying the english language files into the chinese client.

to do so :

1. Create a wow/data/backup folder in your chinese wow and put the orginial enCN folder inside.

2. Copy the english /wow/data/enUS folder in the chinese /wow/data/ folder, rename the folder enCN and inside the newly created folder change every enUS files name into enCN, exemple locale-enUS.mpq renamed into locale-enCN.mpq

3. extract the Data.zip uploaded by masterfade inside the chinese wow/ folder. when you extract it watch that the file patch-3.mpq is in your wow/data folder and patch-enCN-3.mpq is in your chinese wow/data/enCN folder.

4. in your config.wtf file look for the line SET locale " " and change it as follow SET locale "enCN"

5. change the realmlist to log on chinese servers.

6. start the game with the unofficial launcher.(chinese people us it to see the skeleton models)

7. enjoy.
~clandestine~ 
CorpseCorpse
~clandestine~

Male Age : 32

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2009 - 19:16  #
but that would result in too many errors, so ill just wait until there is an adjusted-enUS-friendly-patch that is more successful while playing... Smile
they cant keep this weird patch for too long...
hubu1122 
ImpImp
hubu1122

Character in WOW
Server:
Name: Schlumpf
Guild: TheCrazyWaiguorens

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 16:40  #
excuse me that i am bringing everything up again Smile i am tryin to solve the netease problem since 2 days and it just doesnt work...and bolomas i have done everything right.. i have changed the config.wtf; in the data file is the patch3 file and so it is in the data/enCN so everything is right...the problem is could u pls sent me a scrn of ur wow folder and ur wow/data folder and the wow/data/enCN folder plssssssss because i have got a weird folder in the data file: it is called zhCN...so i just wanna check what u got...and btw i also got 2 realmlists one in the data file the other one in the wow folder... i would really appreciate it if u could help me thx...
alex
hubu1122 
ImpImp
hubu1122

Character in WOW
Server:

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 16:42  #
and i am using the SIMPLE LAUNCHER which is in chinese so i cannt read a word...thx 4 ur help
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009 - 9:21  #
Maybe try to rename zhCN into enCN ?
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009 - 9:22  #
everything else seems good Sad
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009 - 21:20  #
hubu how it doesn't work? any error message? the wow folders should be like this :

wow/data/enCN+enZH

enCN is chinese with english voices
enZH is chinese with chinese voices

what you do if you have the english and chinese version is to backup the whole folder enCN by either renaming it enCN-BACKUP or you cut past it in a folder you want. then copy the enUS enGB or enFR depending of the foreign version you use and you copy it in the chinese data folder and rename it enCN. Then you do like the guide told you.
If you follow every steps one by one it will work.
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 3:00  #
Was it you Bolomas who told me you could use the chinese client's fonts files to use with US Version ?
Did you manage to do it ? I'm sick of ARIAL NARROW Very Happy
hubu1122 
ImpImp
hubu1122

Character in WOW
Server:

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 17:26  #
hmm thx guys...its like...i can log into my account and i can "log in" with my hunter but while loading the "world" it gets closed and a error message appears....:S thx 4 all ur tipps
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Male Age : 37

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP)
Name: Avanti
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2009 - 17:59  #
Never mind problem solved !
Sponsored content 

Solved: log on netease servers with US client - Page 2 I_icon_minitime  #

Solved: log on netease servers with US client

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Technical support -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com