Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Faction restriction on PvP servers lifted [Updated]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Fluberwinter

Male Age : 29

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Wushu/Thron
Guild: The Crazy Waiguoren

Faction restriction on PvP servers lifted [Updated] _
  Faction restriction on PvP servers lifted [Updated] I_icon_minitimeWed 5 Aug 2009 - 10:16  #
Courtesy from WoW.com
by Zach Yonzon

Sometimes, big content patches bring some odd quirks (otherwise known as bugs) along with all their goodies. There's a strange one that came along with Patch 3.2 that's recently been pointed out to us - apparently, players on PvP servers are able to create characters of the opposing faction on the same realm. If you play on Normal or RP servers, this wouldn't be anything special. However, PvP servers have always had a particular restriction that prevents players from having characters from both factions on the same realm.

Is this an intended change? It doesn't appear on any patch notes or blue post, so we're not so sure. A change of this magnitude usually merits a Blizzard announcement of some sort. In this case, expect realms to undergo some form of downtime in the near future to address the issue. So if you've ever had words you wanted to share with players of the opposite faction - some invectives or even forbidden love - heck, this is your time to do it. If you want to participate in some arbitrage ala PvE realms, that might be possible, too. Though don't look at me when Blizzard shuts everything down and all your Gold disappears in Steamwheedle limbo.

However, there's also a good chance this is an intended feature - after all, they did announce faction changes, right? Disabling the restriction will allow players to switch factions on PvP realms without any problems. Since Blizzard has broken down traditional barriers in the past - from realm transfers to PvE-to-PvP restrictions - this change isn't out of the realm of possibility. Stay tuned as we learn more!

UPDATE: It's been CONFIRMED. The change is intended!
There is no longer a faction restriction on PvP realms in preparation
for the faction change service, according to Eyonix over at the
official forums.
Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Fluberwinter

Character in WOW

Faction restriction on PvP servers lifted [Updated] I_icon_minitimeWed 5 Aug 2009 - 10:17  #
What does this mean? It means in 3.2 we can all group alliance and Horde on the same server!!

Now the question is, will you all do it? Will everyone transfer, I don't think so... But only time will tell!
Hirna_zjmj 
Mukla the gorillaMukla the gorilla
Hirna_zjmj

Male Age : 31

Character in WOW
Server: 耐萨里奥
Name: Hirna
Guild: 天國的記憶

Faction restriction on PvP servers lifted [Updated] I_icon_minitimeWed 5 Aug 2009 - 13:20  #
That means we can create Horde AND alliance chars on the same realm. But if for example we are gathered on MaDuoLan but shared between horde and alliance, I don't catch the point of doing it.
Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Fluberwinter

Character in WOW

Faction restriction on PvP servers lifted [Updated] I_icon_minitimeWed 5 Aug 2009 - 14:29  #
Well we wouldn't be scattered all over. We can all move to one specific point in the world! Instead of having multiple servers to share. We'll be able to kick our asses!!
Nous 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Nous

Male Age : 39

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 / 马多兰 / PVE
Name:
Guild: Cow Eaters

Faction restriction on PvP servers lifted [Updated] I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2009 - 4:07  #
Good news so wait and see.
Sponsored content 

Faction restriction on PvP servers lifted [Updated] I_icon_minitime  #

Faction restriction on PvP servers lifted [Updated]

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: WoW ingame talk :: PVP -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com