Getting Started
Official links and tools
PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Need Help - Fresh with an EN Client.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
laowaiGuy 
MurlocMurloc

Male Age : 26

Character in WOW
Server: Bronzebeard
Name: Glowbug
Guild:

Mon 21 Dec 2009 - 5:45  #
hey mates, i've read most of the tutorials on how to play cwow with an english client, how ever i don't understand a word of it; plus i don't want to install a chinese version of WoW.

this is were i am... i've just downloaded an english client from blizzard, and i am currently patching the game up to 3.1.3. i would like to know if there is a simple way i can mix around some files on the current client i have to be able to play on the chinese servers. please i want a user friendly tutorial! haha... cheers
bolomas 
AdminAdmin

Male Age : 34

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Mon 21 Dec 2009 - 6:10  #
1. Go to "wow/data" folder and create a copy of the folder "enEN/frFR/ruRU/deDE/etc" and rename it enCN. So for exemple if you use the french client you'll have 2 folders, one called frFR and one copy of frFR but named enCN.

2. now go into the enCN folder and RENAME the part of all the files name containing "enEN/frFR/ruRU/deDE/etc..." with "enCN" (exemple : rename patch-frFR.mpq into patch-enCN.mpq)

3. Into wow/ folder(the one where the wow.exe is located) create a new folder and name it "Backup" . Now select all the files (not the folders) into your /wow folder and CUT and PASTE them into the freshly created backup folder. Now your wow/ should only contain folders.

4. Download http://www.filefront.com/15012441/WOW%20CN.rar and extract it into your wow/ folder.

skip stixX guide point 1 to 14

laowaiGuy 
MurlocMurloc

Character in WOW
Guild:

Mon 21 Dec 2009 - 6:31  #
for some reason it isn't working mate. okay, i've download the client... i've patched the game up fully... how ever after i patched i was really confused with all the tutorials i started changing files here and there and now i don't know what the hell i've done; i'm in a mess... so... bare with me here, eh?

so, this is my current file situation:

/wow/:

/wow/data/:

/wow/data/enCN/ (a):

/wow/data/enCN/ (b):

do you know what the problem is?
bolomas 
AdminAdmin

Character in WOW

Mon 21 Dec 2009 - 7:40  #
So you downloaded the archive i linked you and erased all the original files? Caus I don't see any backup folders like I mentioned before. If you just replaced the original files i can tel you you already screwed your install.

Also can you be more precise on how it doesn't work? what happens, after doing what, what messages etc?

laowaiGuy 
MurlocMurloc

Character in WOW
Guild:

Mon 21 Dec 2009 - 10:02  #
never mind mate, i don't know how i got it working, but it does.
Nous 
DragonspawnDragonspawn

Male Age : 32

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 / 马多兰 / PVE
Name:
Guild: Cow Eaters

Mon 21 Dec 2009 - 10:06  #
Alleluia !!!
bolomas 
AdminAdmin

Character in WOW

Mon 21 Dec 2009 - 10:15  #
ok cool ^^

Sponsored content 

Today at 21:24  #

Need Help - Fresh with an EN Client.

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Forumotion's free forums | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum