Hey fiction, there's a way to play on Chinese servers without installing the Chinese client. But be careful, do Backups, don't modify things if you don't know or remember how to revert it.
This guide assume you use an english US client (enUS
) and it was installed on C:\wow
: each time you see the blue * it means
=enGB if you use an English UK client
=frFR if you use a French client
=deDE if you use a German client
=ruRU if you use a Russian clientSo do not add any * in your files or folders names.
1. Patch your english Client up to 3.1.3
2. In C:\wow\data
make a copy of the folder *enUS
. Rename the copy enCN
. Rename the original folder *enUS
to *enUS-Backup(now your C:\wow\data contains two folders : *enUS-Backup and enCN)
3. In C:\wow\data\enCN. ALL the files name containing *"enUS" must be renamed with "enCN" . ex. patch-enUS.mpq must be renamed patch-enCN.mpq.
4. open C:\wow\data\enCN\realmlist.wtf
with a text editor. delete the content and copy/paste this : ( don't forget to save)
5. Download this file : http://www.filefront.com/14164105/Data.zip/
set realmlist cn.logon.warcraftchina.com
set patchlist cn.version.warcraftchina.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal cn
and extract it in C:\wow. Verify that C:\wow\data contains a file called patch-3.mpq, and C:\wow\data\enCN contains a file patch-enCN-3.mpq
6. In C:\wow create a new folder. Call it Backup-3.1.3
Cut-paste all the files(not folders) you see in C:\wow to C:\wow\Backup-3.1.3
Download http://www.filefront.com/15012441/WOW%20CN.rar and extract it under C:\wow
8. download http://www.filefront.com/14674393/Fonts.rar/ and extract it in your c:\wow
. You should have a new Font folder c:\wow\Fonts
.(you need to do this if you wanna read Chinese symbols in game)
10. Download http://www.filefront.com/14163759/SimpLauncher_3_1_3.rar/ and extract it in C:\wow
. Launch the game with skeleton.exe
, be sure to have the 英文语音 checked.
If you are using the matrix protection to log to your account see : http://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/general-f1/important-matrix-3-digits-solution-100-safe-t1367.htm
In the futur, if you need to patch your client do as follow :
1. In C:\wow\data delete the folder enCN and the files patch-3.mpq, patch-4.mpq . Rename the folder *enUS-Backup back to *enUS
2. Move all the files in C:\wow\Backup-3.1.3 back to C:\wow.(don't forget to say yes when windows ask you if you want to replace the existing files).
3. Your installation is ready to be updated.
I hope it's easy enough to understand. If things don't work tell me what was the error message etc. But it should work
When you log on a realm type "/join english
" to get in touch with the community members.
WoW English/Chinese glossary
(2000+ translated words) found on wow-in-chinese.jfs-web.chEnglish speakers are consolidating on the same realm for Cataclysm check this thread
Last edited by bolomas on Mon 25 Jan 2010 - 13:10; edited 25 times in total