Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Play wow in Chinese

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
sralbator 
ImpImp

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeMon 1 Feb 2010 - 5:53  #
Hi, I've looked at all tutorials through the forum and I've got two main questions.

The first one is what should I do if I want to play wow in Chinese ? It is written how to play in english on chinese servers but I want to play in chinese on chinese servers.

---------------------------------------
Edit for visitors= Solved with these two :
Download chinese client with this link: http://www.warcraftchina.com/download/client/#Download-Full-Client
Create an account with this link: https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/general-f1/guide-battlenetcomcn-new-account-creation-t1491.htm

The second one concerns the ID. I don't happen to have any chinese friend so I'd like to know if you know any way to do something else like using my resident permit to be able to avoid the restriction etc.

Edit for visitors= Don't seen to have any way to skip this step, you must have a chinese friend's ID for your account to be fully functional.

I'm unable to write in chinese on the wow client, i get 1. ? 2. ? 3. ? etc for all characters.

Did someone encounter this problem too ?

Edit for visitors= Problem solved with this link:
https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/technical-support-f2/writing-hanzi-ingame-t30.htm.
Just for information, my precise way to solve the problem was to set the non-unicode language of windows 7 applications to Chinese and set my local system to Chinese through the control panel.

Another question, I'm currently in game but I'm unable to whisper anyone, I get an error message and I'm unable to speak on the English channel.

Is it due to the fact that I need my account to be verified by wow china concerning the validity of the ID card used for account creation or is it linked to the fact that I didn't charge my account yet ?

Edit for visitors= Problem due to trial account and account not recharged yet. If you encounter the same problem it should be solved by recharging your wow account.

By any chance could someone tell me where I can buy a safe wow game time card in Shanghai ? I bought two on little shops but both aren't working...

Edit for visitors= You can buy it in Kedi, a few family mart and almost all places where you can play videogames. Just ask for "moshoushujie ka" and they will show you the recharge card. It looks like a playing card.

Big thanks to all the community for your advices !

Last edited by sralbator on Sun 7 Feb 2010 - 11:58; edited 3 times in total
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Male Age : 37

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP)
Name: Avanti
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeMon 1 Feb 2010 - 6:06  #
Hey there,

If you want to play in normal chinese you have to download the official chinese client ( or copy in in an internet cafe ).

Concerning the id;
Well you have to use one, maybe you can find one online or check at an internet cafe if those guys are willing to do this for you...
Just make sure the ID you use belongs to an Adult else you will have limited play time.
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeMon 1 Feb 2010 - 7:06  #
If you don't have a cnwow acount, here is a guide on how to create an account, thanks to Bolo:
https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/general-f1/guide-battlenetcomcn-new-account-creation-t1491.htm

If you want to play with a chinese wow version, here is the link to the official chinese wow website to download the chinese version of wow:
http://www.warcraftchina.com/download/client/#Download-Full-Client

As Stixx and also Bolo mentions in his guide, you will NOT be able to create a cnwow battlenet account WITHOUT a chinese ID.
Be carefull of getting one. Make sure it's a legal ID, the age is above 18yrs and you can make and keep a good/visible copy of the ID card. This will be necessary to recover your account, if hacked or blocked.
Depending on what you are doing here, as a student ask (if you have one) you're chinese room mate or a chinese classmate.
If you work here, ask a chinese working in your company.
Go out and make some chinese friends, and ask one of them.
I assume, that if you want to play with a chinese client you are able to write/read and speak chinese fluently, so making new chinese friends shouldnt be a big issue.
Wish you good luck.
sralbator 
ImpImp

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 16:17  #
Hi, i've used all of your advice and I'm now logged in 吗多兰 server but I encounter a major problem.

I'm unable to write in chinese on the wow client, i get 1. ? 2. ? 3. ? etc for all characters.

Did someone encounter this problem too ?

Thank you for your great help.

Edit: Problem is solved.
sralbator 
ImpImp

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 18:30  #
Another question, I'm currently in game but I'm unable to whisper anyone, I get an error message and I'm unable to speak on the English channel.

Is it due to the fact that I need my account to be verified by wow china concerning the validity of the ID card used for account creation or is it linked to the fact that I didn't charge my account yet ?

Thank you for your support.
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 8:54  #
Concerning whispering:
maybe you tried to whisper to a person from the other side, eg you are alliance and the person you are trying to whisper to is horde. This doesnt work. What also doesnt work, at least for me is, I cant whisper to people from other servers when I am in a battleground. Further you cant whisper to people who are not online.

For the English chanel:
did you join the english chanel? if not just type the following in the chat:
/join English
then you should be able to write and read in the English channel.

which side are you on 吗多兰 server, horde or alliance and what is your character name? I will be online this evening and can see if everything works out Smile I have characters on both sides.

What you can do the next time you are back online is to check who is online. just click the letter "O", a box will open, in the bottom part of the box there is a place you can type.
On Alliance side type:
Cow Eaters

On Horde side type:
Expatriate

You will then have a list of all members of the guild who are online.
Rigth click on a name in the list and whisper, he/she might be able to invite you to the guild depending on the rank they have.

For the other reasons you mentioned:
If you didnt charge your account you cant log into your account at all, so if you were in game it cant be that.
Not sure about the validation of the ID card, but I dont think that should cause the problem. I think with the points mentioned above you should be able to write in the english channel and whisper to people.
I hope this saulves your problems.

Last edited by Muhan on Mon 8 Feb 2010 - 12:39; edited 1 time in total
sralbator 
ImpImp

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 10:03  #
Here is the message I get when I try to write on the 6 channel:

Play wow in Chinese Aasa10

Edit: I've checked on bnet china and my account is verified with an ID card over 18.
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 10:22  #
hmm, sorry I can't understand the message in your pic cause it's in chinese, was it due to the verification? so since your account is verified now, does everything work now, whisper and english channel?
sralbator 
ImpImp

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 10:26  #
I'm afraid i'm able to write on the /say channel through the 说 command but unable to whisper anyone or to speak on the english channel.

My first thought was that it could have been due to the fact that the account wasn't yet verified as it has just been created but it's is written that it is verified, ID check over 18 is ok.

So now I'm wondering if it's because I didn't add time to the account yet because i've just created it or if it's something else.

StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 10:33  #
sralbator wrote:
I'm afraid i'm able to write on the /say channel through the 说 command.

What is that command?
sralbator 
ImpImp

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 10:37  #
The same as the /say command on regular wow interface actually.

It's just /shuo to speak on /say channel. (I mean, the white chat where only people around you can read what you wrote.
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 10:44  #
So maybe you need to use chinese command instead of english ones for all..

/w would be in chinese /...

/join english would be in chinese /... english

Smile
sralbator 
ImpImp

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 10:55  #
I'm afraid both chinese and english command seems to be working on the chinese client, I used /join english to join the channel and I saw people from Cow Eaters writting things on the channel but I'm unable to whisper them myself or to write on the channel.

I'm trying to look on the matter but cant get to make it work.

I've created a char named 法国人老外 and I'm working on getting this problem solved at the same time.

Thank you again for your support.
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 10:58  #
Hey I just checked with a friend who knows chinese he told me it means the following:

First line is you are no longer away... Wink
Second line means you are not allowed to speak here.

Your have a trial account?

The following restrictions are placed on all Classic Trial Accounts:

- A level cap of 20.
- A maximum of 10 gold.
- Trade skills are capped at 100 ranks.
- Inability to trade via the auction house, mailbox, or player-to-player.
- In-Game public chat channels will be unavailable. (Players will still be able to communicate using say, party, or whispers).
- Characters will be unable to create or join existing guilds.
- Accounts will no longer be able to whisper other players unless they have been added to those players' friends lists or have received a whisper from them first.
- Characters will not be able to invite players into a party.
- Characters will not be able to join parties with other players above level 20.
- Voice Chat is disabled on trial accounts.
- Realms with login queues will give priority to customers with retail accounts.
- Will not be eligible for any Character Transfer service.
sralbator 
ImpImp

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 11:32  #
Main question is if it's a trial account, how can i make it a "real" account actually ? Very Happy

Thank your for your great help !
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 11:41  #
Im not sure but..:

I just checked bolomas's guide and saw this pictures
Play wow in Chinese Battlenet-step7

You checked the second option when creating your account?

If so, my guess would be to charge your account to make it real.
sralbator 
ImpImp

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 11:51  #
yes I checked this box Smile

Thank you for your help.

By any chance could someone tell me where I can buy a safe wow game time card in Shanghai ? I bought two on little shops but both aren't working...
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb 2010 - 6:28  #
egh...

I dont live in shanghai so I have no idea maybe some of the other guys here know...

Good Luck Smile
Sponsored content 

Play wow in Chinese _
  Play wow in Chinese I_icon_minitime  #

Play wow in Chinese

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com