Getting Started
Official links and tools
PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

[Solved] Addon saving problem, US client TW server

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
synack 
CritterCritter

Sat 31 Jul 2010 - 9:36  #
Hi guy,

I'm having an issue where about half my addons won't save their settings. I looked in my WTF folder and it appears that any server/character name with anything but english characters in its name just turns into underscores. I imagine that this is why some of them can't save to their savedvariables folder.

I've tried renaming the server/character folder to their chinese names from "____" but it just recreates the "___" folder.

Any clues why this might be happening?

Windows 7 x64
enUS WoW client.
TW official servers.

Thanks!

Last edited by synack on Sat 31 Jul 2010 - 17:32; edited 1 time in total
bolomas 
AdminAdmin

Male Age : 34

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Sat 31 Jul 2010 - 13:09  #
Hello, I don't have windows 7 so I can't details the procedure, but you should go in your control panel->regional and linguistic settings and look for the different options inside you could check.
Basically on windows XP I have to check an option that extend the support of chinese input inside bloc-notes and files of that type.

Might also be that your default local isn't set on Chinese either, can also be changed under regional and linguitic.

synack 
CritterCritter

Sat 31 Jul 2010 - 17:34  #
Absolutely correct. In regional settings I changed the locale for non-unicode applications to Chinese, and it works like a charm now.

Thanks much!
Sponsored content 

Today at 0:44  #

[Solved] Addon saving problem, US client TW server

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Technical support -
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Create a forum on Forumotion