Getting Started
Official links and tools
PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 
 

 US Servers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Chun Li 
KoboldKobold

Posts : 27
Joined : 2010-08-11

  Wed 11 Aug 2010 - 17:57  #
So does everyone here ACTUALLY enjoy playing on the China servers? You guys don't miss playing WoW in English at all?


I know you miss the Chuck Norris jokes in /2 trade.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1480
Joined : 2009-02-26
Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

  Thu 12 Aug 2010 - 6:30  #
The client is in English... and chinese is easier to learn than you think.
There's no trolling on the channels either..

Btw, I'd rather play CWoW than face the players on US servers that are:

1- Jerks about Gearscore
2- L33t because they have a good gearscore...and then do a what? 3k dps?
3- Trolls..just plain trolls
4- the Elitists
5- The fact that nowadays, if you're playing on an alt you're considered a noob and shouldn't even do heroics.

Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn

Posts : 457
Joined : 2008-01-05
Male Age : 21
Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Wushu/Thron
Guild: The Crazy Waiguoren

  Thu 12 Aug 2010 - 7:53  #
You never played on the US servers Uru...
Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn

Posts : 457
Joined : 2008-01-05
Male Age : 21
Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Wushu/Thron
Guild: The Crazy Waiguoren

  Thu 12 Aug 2010 - 7:55  #
I miss the BG strats. You know, people organizing the 15 grunts...
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1480
Joined : 2009-02-26
Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

  Thu 12 Aug 2010 - 9:21  #
Fluberwinter wrote:
You never played on the US servers Uru...

Good point, but if you check the comments on Wowhead, it's all about gearscore and whatnot.
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer

Posts : 702
Joined : 2008-06-11
Male Age : 30
Location : Guangzhou / Eindhoven

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP)
Name: Avanti
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

  Thu 12 Aug 2010 - 10:25  #
Uru you have a crappy gearscore
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1480
Joined : 2009-02-26
Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

  Thu 12 Aug 2010 - 11:08  #
Look who's talking!
Chun Li 
KoboldKobold

Posts : 27
Joined : 2010-08-11

  Thu 12 Aug 2010 - 16:43  #
I'm fluent in Mandarin but I prefer to stay on US servers.

The 5 points you listed are inevitably in ALL regions of WoW. I don't see how only US servers contain those types of people, considering I've played WoW in three different regions.

Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn

Posts : 457
Joined : 2008-01-05
Male Age : 21
Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Wushu/Thron
Guild: The Crazy Waiguoren

  Thu 12 Aug 2010 - 18:51  #
Agreed. Uru, your post regarding this topic are to be herby IGNORED by all personnel reading this topic. If you have already read said topic then feel free to erase your minds. Thank you for your cooperation
seanderham 
RaptorRaptor

Posts : 73
Joined : 2009-04-04

Character in WOW
Server: Flame Crest
Name: seandruid
Guild:

  Thu 12 Aug 2010 - 19:00  #
I have been thinking about joining US oceanic realms for a while because ill be leaving china soon.
How would I go about using WOTLK? Do I just need to get a new patch for my CWoW client or do i need to download WoW and all the expansions up to WOTLK?
Jdiddy 
CorpseCorpse

Posts : 8
Joined : 2010-08-12
Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

  Thu 12 Aug 2010 - 19:17  #
You'll need a new download and patches - hope you're moving to a place with better connections and no GFW!

Does anyone else here play on US servers and have actual ICC experience?
seanderham 
RaptorRaptor

Posts : 73
Joined : 2009-04-04

Character in WOW
Server: Flame Crest
Name: seandruid
Guild:

  Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 6:21  #
lol, ill be moving to australia, and unfortunately there are no australian servers so ill need to play US oceanic... ping will still probably suck
Chun Li 
KoboldKobold

Posts : 27
Joined : 2010-08-11

  Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 12:24  #
Okay so here's the deal. If you're going back to the free world, you will need to

1) Purchase WoTLK, a legit copy. You can get it anywhere, either www.amazon.com, play-asia.com, or at your game stores nearby

2) You can also do a digital download, which means create an account on us.battle.net and pay for the game using a credit card

3) Install and update all patches

4) You're good to go

Do you have ICC raiding experience? If so, our guild is recruiting for 10mans. We are on the Lich King as of last week.



seanderham 
RaptorRaptor

Posts : 73
Joined : 2009-04-04

Character in WOW
Server: Flame Crest
Name: seandruid
Guild:

  Sat 14 Aug 2010 - 8:23  #
Thanks for the detailed answer man, clears slot of stuff up.
Do i need to buy/download WoW and TBC as well before installing WOTLK?
Chun Li 
KoboldKobold

Posts : 27
Joined : 2010-08-11

  Sat 14 Aug 2010 - 9:11  #
Yes. You need all the previous games in order to play the latest expansion.

Therefore you should get the battlechest which includes Vanilla WoW and The Burning Crusades in a pack, and then get Wrath of the Lich King.

That should be $29.99 + $54.99 so about $90 dollars.
WoWLaoWai 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll

Posts : 349
Joined : 2009-09-02

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Usul / Laowai
Guild: Cow Eaters / Expatriate

  Sat 14 Aug 2010 - 19:02  #
90$ plus 15$ a month right?

sounds like a good reason to play cwow to me.

Twisted Evil



_________________


Madoulan (玛多兰) Alliance || My C- WoW Toons!||My BC Pics||My WLK Pics||
Chun Li 
KoboldKobold

Posts : 27
Joined : 2010-08-11

  Sat 14 Aug 2010 - 20:27  #
I guess, if you enjoy being level 70.
Jdiddy 
CorpseCorpse

Posts : 8
Joined : 2010-08-12
Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

  Sat 14 Aug 2010 - 20:56  #
wha?? cwow is free?
seanderham 
RaptorRaptor

Posts : 73
Joined : 2009-04-04

Character in WOW
Server: Flame Crest
Name: seandruid
Guild:

  Sun 15 Aug 2010 - 9:10  #
Well if you download WoW and the expansions its free. because im sure no one in china still buys games. (apart from sc2 of course)
breseis 
ImpImp

Posts : 14
Joined : 2010-08-06
Male Age : 28

Character in WOW
Server: Illidan
Name: Bresies
Guild: 璀璨和谐

  Sun 15 Aug 2010 - 11:00  #
I play both.

I raid ICC 25 Heroic ever Monday-Thurs then go to
China to play. Uru is somewhat right. I come
To China wow for a few reason...

1) I plan to move to Beijing anyway
2) I like the chinese culture a lot
3) The player base is much more friendlier
4) The children are not as abundant due to time
limitations placed by the gov. So they are not online 24/7 like they are in US.

Overall I find the experience to be fun, and I learn so much everyday from them just by us trying to learn each others language and just by how we communicate period.
Chun Li 
KoboldKobold

Posts : 27
Joined : 2010-08-11

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 5:27  #
seanderham wrote:
Well if you download WoW and the expansions its free. because im sure no one in china still buys games. (apart from sc2 of course)

What he said.

You will still need to buy game time through pre-paid cards to play.


I find the US servers also friendly, funny, with little farmers and spam.

Additionally, most people who play CWOW are trying to learn mandarin.
bazza 
HydraHydra

Posts : 282
Joined : 2006-12-02
Male Location : Hong Kong

Character in WOW
Server: 米奈希爾 / 雷鱗
Name: magey 掉哪星 bazza bunter fatbaz sham pali rogey deafknight barryone huntard wagyu
Guild: WTF

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 6:06  #
I played on US servers until TW wow came out.

It's so much cheaper. And we kinda got used to not having to pay for the game or expansions.

2 Factors for playing on any particular realms, ping and cost.

As for ingame assholes, you get them everywhere
Jdiddy 
CorpseCorpse

Posts : 8
Joined : 2010-08-12
Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 6:17  #
Well if you're in HK then ping to TW would be nice but if you're in China I think the ping to TW is even crappier than to the US due to retarded GFW.

I play on a US server through a 2M DSL line and VPN and my ping is 2-400ms. From HK it would be 1-200ms... to be honest I can't really tell the difference, except for the occasional & infrequent lag spikes.

I would never play CWOW even after WotLK is released simply because I enjoy experiencing the original content as it was intended... playing CWOW is like watching a censored movie or the state-run news.
Chun Li 
KoboldKobold

Posts : 27
Joined : 2010-08-11

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 6:32  #
Jdiddy wrote:

I would never play CWOW even after WotLK is released simply because I enjoy experiencing the original content as it was intended... playing CWOW is like watching a censored movie or the state-run news.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bolomas 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1726
Joined : 2009-05-12
Male Age : 33
Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 6:37  #
Jdiddy wrote:

I would never play CWOW even after WotLK is released simply because I enjoy experiencing the original content as it was intended... playing CWOW is like watching a censored movie or the state-run news.

Na sorry that's not true. The experience will be totally the same, only problem was this the9/netease transition and wotlk approval.

Actually I even regret moving in Taiwan now, caus everyone were raiding ICC and we kinda rushed through T9, T10 totally missing the heroic->T7->T8->T9 transition, with progession guild and heroic modes and shit.

It's fine to know ppl can just do fine on US servers, but don't forget that this forum is intended for people that want to play on Chinese realm, for different reasons. There's an awesome chinese/english glossary and guides etc.

Just to say that it isn't really the best place to argue all the time why ppl shouldn't play on Chinese servers and all come on US realm Wink

_________________
When you log on a realm type "/join english" to get in touch with the community members.
WoW English/Chinese glossary (2000+ translated words) found on wow-in-chinese.jfs-web.ch
English speakers are consolidating on the same realm for Cataclysm check this thread
Jdiddy 
CorpseCorpse

Posts : 8
Joined : 2010-08-12
Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 7:26  #
Quote :
it isn't really the best place to argue all the time why ppl shouldn't play on Chinese servers and all come on US realm

That's a misunderstanding of my intentions but that's because I haven't really expressed my reason for coming on this thread so let me do that now.

First of all I don't think it's fair to say that this forum is only intended for CWOW or Chinese realms because there ARE people here who play on US/Oceanic realms as well. If there is a forum for "Foreigners in Asia playing on US Realms" then please, link it to me and I'll get out of here.

I'm not here to bash CWOW, I'm more interested in finding other players in Asia who play on US servers - because, as everyone knows, in end-game progression content, it's important to have enough people with compatible schedules for a consistent raiding team.

The one thing we all have in common here is that we're foreigners playing WOW in Asia and that's the main reason I'm here - to see if there would be anyone out here who might be interested in joining our team. We currently have a team of 11 people who live in Asia but play on a US server. We did this mainly because we have friends who play from the US and on weekends we can get together for 25man content. (and we also enjoy seeing the latest content asap)

We're thinking of expanding our Asia team - to have more people in Asia so that we can do 25 man progression during weeknights. So I guess I'm just out here fishing... maybe I'll catch something or walk away empty handed, but hey at least I tried!

Quote :
I even regret moving in Taiwan now, caus everyone were raiding ICC and we kinda rushed through T9, T10 totally missing the heroic->T7->T8->T9 transition, with progression guild and heroic modes and shit.

See this is because you had to catch up to the latest content... if you had started playing it earlier (some of us have been playing WOW since it first launched in the US), you'd be moving through the content with everyone else and you won't feel like you're behind. Cataclysm is coming out soon too...
Chun Li 
KoboldKobold

Posts : 27
Joined : 2010-08-11

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 7:44  #
Jdiddy wrote:

Quote :
I even regret moving in Taiwan now, caus everyone were raiding ICC and we kinda rushed through T9, T10 totally missing the heroic->T7->T8->T9 transition, with progression guild and heroic modes and shit.

See this is because you had to catch up to the latest content... if you had started playing it earlier (some of us have been playing WOW since it first launched in the US), you'd be moving through the content with everyone else and you won't feel like you're behind. Cataclysm is coming out soon too...

Agree. The only reason why you're rushing through all of that is because you have to catch up.

We never had to rush through any content. We steadily progressed from T7->T8->T9->T10->T10.5.

I doubt every single person on this forum is here because they love CWOW or TWOW and want to play on it. I also doubt everyone here wants to play CWOW to learn Chinese, as there are other ways to do that.

I am sure there are people here who want to play on US servers in a native English speaking environment, however, because of the time difference, are unable to find a good guild to support them and play on their time frames.

For those people, we have a good English guild running on Asia time. So when you log on, there will always be at least 5-10 people online, and on weekends, when the US is awake, there's about 25-30 of us.

I have an account in Taiwan, China, the US, and I also have toons on Oceanic. I enjoy most of my time when it's spent on the US servers, though I do enjoy griefing all the level 75s questing in Storm Peaks on TWoW from time to time.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1726
Joined : 2009-05-12
Male Age : 33
Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 7:55  #
Jdiddy wrote:

See this is because you had to catch up to the latest content... if you had started playing it earlier (some of us have been playing WOW since it first launched in the US), you'd be moving through the content with everyone else and you won't feel like you're behind. Cataclysm is coming out soon too...

Actually I regret more to not have waited a few more months (if only starcraft 2 came 6 months earlier lol), this way the wotlk experience on chinese servers wouldn't have been spoiled. Personnaly if it wasn't for the Chinese, I would never have thought about playing wow from China. It's an awesome opportunity to learn the language, and make some Chinese friends.

But I get your point and for sure I'm not saying you guys should gtfo. But just felt like seeing a lot of arguing and quick answer style "have fun with your lv 70" doesn't necessarly lead to constructive actions.

If I were you I'd try to get in touch with one of the forum moderator to see if you could get an US/Oceanic realm section, and start to provide some guides about client, vpn and stuff and advertise for your guild.

_________________
When you log on a realm type "/join english" to get in touch with the community members.
WoW English/Chinese glossary (2000+ translated words) found on wow-in-chinese.jfs-web.ch
English speakers are consolidating on the same realm for Cataclysm check this thread
Chun Li 
KoboldKobold

Posts : 27
Joined : 2010-08-11

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 8:36  #
Well the longer you wait, the more content you would have to rush through. I don't really know what you mean to not have it be spoiled.

To me, $15 dollars a month is basically 100rmb. One salad at Element Fresh is 88rmb. Plus a drink its 128rmb. Just have 1 salad less a month and its easily affordable. Don't see it as a reason to feel it's too expensive.


Or maybe hire one less prostitute at the KTVs.... that should be 2 months of US WoW.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1726
Joined : 2009-05-12
Male Age : 33
Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 10:58  #
Chun Li wrote:
Well the longer you wait, the more content you would have to rush through. I don't really know what you mean to not have it be spoiled.

A yeah, missed a part, I moved from wow CN to wow TW 5-6months ago. So kind of spoiled the 70 to 80 grind and endgame content. That's why I don't feel all that excited about wrath release on Mainland.

Might also be cause of Starcraft 2 release lol

About your element fresh exemple, you should know that for 120RMB you can buy ingredients on the market and make the same salad at home for two persons for a whole week lol ; but I agree you can(should) definitly save on the girls in the KTV.

Maybe a question or two :

1. For those that only have an ADSL connection, what vpn do you use? how much per month?

2. I heard stories of ppl playing from China on US realms and having their account constantly banned. You guys never had problems with that?







_________________
When you log on a realm type "/join english" to get in touch with the community members.
WoW English/Chinese glossary (2000+ translated words) found on wow-in-chinese.jfs-web.ch
English speakers are consolidating on the same realm for Cataclysm check this thread
Chun Li 
KoboldKobold

Posts : 27
Joined : 2010-08-11

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 12:01  #
bolomas wrote:

Maybe a question or two :

1. For those that only have an ADSL connection, what vpn do you use? how much per month?

2. I heard stories of ppl playing from China on US realms and having their account constantly banned. You guys never had problems with that?


1. I actually don't use vpn to play WoW. I'm fine with 300-500 ping, sometimes even 200. The problem is if other people are using your bandwidth, this is why I lock my connection and I do not allow anyone else to use it. And I do not use wifi.

2. All you have to do is follow the directions to change your password and you should be able to login. Additionally, you can email their customer service and let them know you're a real player.

As for the salad.... I prefer service and to wine and dine. lol.
Jdiddy 
CorpseCorpse

Posts : 8
Joined : 2010-08-12
Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 12:36  #
Quote :
1. For those that only have an ADSL connection, what vpn do you use? how much per month?

2. I heard stories of ppl playing from China on US realms and having their account constantly banned. You guys never had problems with that?

I use strong vpn... I think i paid $60-something a year. Forgot... but it wasn't anything too substantial.

I've never been banned, only got locked out once and Blizzard emailed me right away asking me to update my password. 5 minutes later, I was back online.
bazza 
HydraHydra

Posts : 282
Joined : 2006-12-02
Male Location : Hong Kong

Character in WOW
Server: 米奈希爾 / 雷鱗
Name: magey 掉哪星 bazza bunter fatbaz sham pali rogey deafknight barryone huntard wagyu
Guild: WTF

  Mon 16 Aug 2010 - 13:49  #
Bolo, believe me when I say you wouldn't have missed the T7 T8 progression

Naxx was fun the first few times, and you had to use DKP on 213 level items !! But it got old really quick.

Ulduar, I hated it and it was around then I stopped raiding.

TOC, well we did 1 or 2 of those together, certainly more fun tham Naxx/UD

ICC, well with whats left in the guild we might have to try to scrub it one weekend

right now only Darkmort plays regularly, haoqi finally downed the LK - gratz to him, and the second generation newcomers are generally having fun, even doing arena 5v5
Chun Li 
KoboldKobold

Posts : 27
Joined : 2010-08-11

  Tue 17 Aug 2010 - 12:33  #
I liked the T7 T8 progression. I raided Naxx every weekend for 3 months and have the fights memorized. I even got almost the mounts from the Tournament area.
Sponsored content 


  Today at 9:53  #
 

US Servers

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com