Getting Started
Official links and tools
PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 
 

 Desperate Foreigner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
swankish 
DefiasDefias

Posts : 52
Joined : 2010-10-21

Character in WOW
Server: Kul'Tiras 库尔提拉斯- ch2
Name: Dinosawr
Guild: Laowai Club

  Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 12:21  #
Hey y'all. I have been searching for about 2 months now (since I came to China) for a private server located in China. I usually play on a few from EU or US, but my internet is simply not good enough here. My latency is super high on these servers. I am looking for one that is in China so I can actually play without lagging ridiculously hard every minute. It seems most of you play retail, I did this for a long time and don't really want to go back to the retail lifestyle. If anyone could help me find a decent private server that would be awesome. I have tried all the popular western servers with no avail. I have found website that I think have lists (like xtremetop200 for western servers), but I cannot read anything on the website and a translator doesn't even remotely work. Can anyone help me?

Your desperate foreign wower,

Puddly
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1480
Joined : 2009-02-26
Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

  Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 12:40  #
Private Servers in china are non-existent due to the fact that a new expansion just came out. The majority would rather experience the new content than getting straight to 80 :\. Sorry.

Welcome to the forum.
swankish 
DefiasDefias

Posts : 52
Joined : 2010-10-21

Character in WOW
Server: Kul'Tiras 库尔提拉斯- ch2
Name: Dinosawr
Guild: Laowai Club

  Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 12:49  #
there are many private servers in the US that are exactly the same as retail, they just don't cost money. In fact, that is what I am looking for. After reading around, I have noticed retail prices are pretty low if you play casually. 30 RMB for 60 hours, I think? Do i need to buy the game again? Unfortunately, my US account was compromised (stolen). Or do I just buy credits?
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1480
Joined : 2009-02-26
Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

  Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 12:52  #
Yes you need to buy a gamecard in order to play. Account Creation and Game Mod is in the upper left corner of the forum.
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm

Posts : 607
Joined : 2008-05-19
Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

  Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 13:18  #
swankish wrote:
there are many private servers in the US that are exactly the same as retail, they just don't cost money. In fact, that is what I am looking for. After reading around, I have noticed retail prices are pretty low if you play casually. 30 RMB for 60 hours, I think? Do i need to buy the game again? Unfortunately, my US account was compromised (stolen). Or do I just buy credits?

As Uru said, there are no private servers in China.
The only costs involved to play on CN server is the game card, which is 30RMB for 4000min.

If you have a US wow follow this guide:
http://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/technical-support-f2/towowcn-t1730.htm

If you want to play with a Chinese client, you can download here:
http://www.warcraftchina.com/download/client/


In both cases you need to make an account:
http://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/general-f1/account-management-china-mainland-taiwan-t1492.htm
Sup 
FelhoundFelhound

Posts : 195
Joined : 2010-09-03
Male Age : 18
Location : New York

Character in WOW
Server: Perenolde
Name: Trollkicker
Guild: Requited Pride

  Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 23:19  #
Private servers = epic no-no.
WoWLaoWai 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll

Posts : 349
Joined : 2009-09-02

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Usul / Laowai
Guild: Cow Eaters / Expatriate

  Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 3:55  #
what's the desire to join a private server?
i assume the admins can cheat pretty good
and the population is pretty low.

_________________


Madoulan (玛多兰) Alliance || My C- WoW Toons!||My BC Pics||My WLK Pics||
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm

Posts : 607
Joined : 2008-05-19
Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

  Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 3:57  #
swankish wrote:
Unfortunately, my US account was compromised (stolen)
Shocked Rolling Eyes Shocked Rolling Eyes Shocked Rolling Eyes




oh
Sup wrote:
Private servers = epic no-no.

corde01
Sup 
FelhoundFelhound

Posts : 195
Joined : 2010-09-03
Male Age : 18
Location : New York

Character in WOW
Server: Perenolde
Name: Trollkicker
Guild: Requited Pride

  Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 5:04  #
Muhan wrote:
Sup wrote:
Private servers = epic no-no.

corde01

Voilą une corde mon ami.

This is a string my friend.

I assume the string is supposed to be thread, but it still doesn't make any sense even in that context.
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm

Posts : 607
Joined : 2008-05-19
Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

  Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 5:32  #
Sup wrote:
Muhan wrote:
Sup wrote:
Private servers = epic no-no.

corde01

Voilą une corde mon ami.

This is a string my friend.

I assume the string is supposed to be thread, but it still doesn't make any sense even in that context.

if you google translate the sentence, then it says "This is a string my friend"
if you just translate the word "corde" you will get:
Nomen
1.rope
2.string
3.cord
4.chord
5.noose
6.bowstring
7.fall
8.twist
9.lashing
10.lash
11.coird

Conclusion:
Google translations aren't that good.
The meaning is "Here is a cord/rope to hang yourself"

Get the point now?
swankish 
DefiasDefias

Posts : 52
Joined : 2010-10-21

Character in WOW
Server: Kul'Tiras 库尔提拉斯- ch2
Name: Dinosawr
Guild: Laowai Club

  Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 7:35  #
Ok, I see. So can I buy credits online or do I have to go to a store?

Private servers are not epic no-no.

I played on one that had 5000 player cap and it was full all the time. had to wait about 10 min to get on. Everything was the same as retail expect the GMs were always online and there to help you (which was really nice). Don't knock em till you try em (a good one, there are tons of bad ones).
bazza 
HydraHydra

Posts : 282
Joined : 2006-12-02
Male Location : Hong Kong

Character in WOW
Server: 米奈希爾 / 雷鱗
Name: magey 掉哪星 bazza bunter fatbaz sham pali rogey deafknight barryone huntard wagyu
Guild: WTF

  Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 10:22  #
private servers have scripted bosses like retail?

I tried some private servers out of boredom and they all share the same theme

Pay real $$$ to be a GM
Pay real $$$ for 10,000 dps weapons etc
or Pay nothing and get 1shot by paying 10 year olds

and the lag
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm

Posts : 607
Joined : 2008-05-19
Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

  Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 10:47  #
swankish wrote:
Ok, I see. So can I buy credits online or do I have to go to a store?

If you live in China, the easiest is to go to a place, where they sell magazines, the small boths and buy the game card.

Of course you can buy cards online, but you might be unlucky and get ripped off, loose your account etc. unless you know a trusted seller. I just go out and buy my cards, much easier and safer, imo.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1480
Joined : 2009-02-26
Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

  Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 14:41  #
swankish wrote:
Ok, I see. So can I buy credits online or do I have to go to a store?

Private servers are not epic no-no.

I played on one that had 5000 player cap and it was full all the time. had to wait about 10 min to get on. Everything was the same as retail expect the GMs were always online and there to help you (which was really nice). Don't knock em till you try em (a good one, there are tons of bad ones).

I fail to see how this is different from retail..yet in your first post you indicate you had enough of retail. (Chinese community>Private servers community dumb-asses.)

GMs are always online in private servers because the playerbase is NOTHING compared to Blizzard's. Try replying to 150 tickets... asking the same dumb questions or request : Nerf paladins pl0x they r liek s0 OP QQQ

Your argument about trying first then talk can be used against you as well: try playing on chinese servers first, then talk. I promise you, the community is great and helpful.

TL;DR: Private Servers? Epic no-no (as bazza said, "10 year old kids" who can't play on retail because parents won't let them...hooray for community!)
Sup 
FelhoundFelhound

Posts : 195
Joined : 2010-09-03
Male Age : 18
Location : New York

Character in WOW
Server: Perenolde
Name: Trollkicker
Guild: Requited Pride

  Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 22:56  #
Muhan wrote:
Sup wrote:
Muhan wrote:
Sup wrote:
Private servers = epic no-no.

corde01

Voilą une corde mon ami.

This is a string my friend.

I assume the string is supposed to be thread, but it still doesn't make any sense even in that context.

if you google translate the sentence, then it says "This is a string my friend"
if you just translate the word "corde" you will get:
Nomen
1.rope
2.string
3.cord
4.chord
5.noose
6.bowstring
7.fall
8.twist
9.lashing
10.lash
11.coird

Conclusion:
Google translations aren't that good.
The meaning is "Here is a cord/rope to hang yourself"

Get the point now?

I see.

I don't think that's a good pick-up line for the new French girl in my school. Mad
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1480
Joined : 2009-02-26
Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

  Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 4:00  #
I love the translations. Even though I'm french, I had no idea corde translated into fall or twist lol.
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer

Posts : 702
Joined : 2008-06-11
Male Age : 30
Location : Guangzhou / Eindhoven

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP)
Name: Avanti
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

  Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 13:18  #
Urubaen wrote:
swankish wrote:
Ok, I see. So can I buy credits online or do I have to go to a store?

Private servers are not epic no-no.

I played on one that had 5000 player cap and it was full all the time. had to wait about 10 min to get on. Everything was the same as retail expect the GMs were always online and there to help you (which was really nice). Don't knock em till you try em (a good one, there are tons of bad ones).

I fail to see how this is different from retail..yet in your first post you indicate you had enough of retail. (Chinese community>Private servers community dumb-asses.)

GMs are always online in private servers because the playerbase is NOTHING compared to Blizzard's. Try replying to 150 tickets... asking the same dumb questions or request : Nerf paladins pl0x they r liek s0 OP QQQ

Your argument about trying first then talk can be used against you as well: try playing on chinese servers first, then talk. I promise you, the community is great and helpful.

TL;DR: Private Servers? Epic no-no (as bazza said, "10 year old kids" who can't play on retail because parents won't let them...hooray for community!)

Lol, what's with all the bashing lately to anyone not playing on a chinese server? Rolling Eyes
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1480
Joined : 2009-02-26
Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

  Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 13:26  #
I'm not bashing at all! I am arguing creatively! (I'm convincing him to join our cul..t-community!) The reason why I wrote cul..t instead of cul, is because of cul's meaning in french.
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer

Posts : 702
Joined : 2008-06-11
Male Age : 30
Location : Guangzhou / Eindhoven

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP)
Name: Avanti
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

  Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 13:30  #
You want him to join our ass?
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1480
Joined : 2009-02-26
Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

  Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 13:43  #
StiXx wrote:
You want him to join our ass?


No. I want him to join and kick your ass.
swankish 
DefiasDefias

Posts : 52
Joined : 2010-10-21

Character in WOW
Server: Kul'Tiras 库尔提拉斯- ch2
Name: Dinosawr
Guild: Laowai Club

  Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 10:12  #
hmm, well it seems i need a chinese ID? So, theoretically, I am supposed to be Chinese to play on Cwow huh? So I need to find a friend then? I also need to downgrade my patch. Thanks for the link to all the info. I think the hardest part will be finding a place to get a card because I don't know anywhere to get magazines except the free standing hut on the corner. Maybe they will have em?
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1480
Joined : 2009-02-26
Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

  Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 10:15  #
Not only at the magazine stand, but also at any Convenience Store.
swankish 
DefiasDefias

Posts : 52
Joined : 2010-10-21

Character in WOW
Server: Kul'Tiras 库尔提拉斯- ch2
Name: Dinosawr
Guild: Laowai Club

  Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 11:14  #
do I really need a chinese local's ID?
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin

Posts : 1480
Joined : 2009-02-26
Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

  Sun 24 Oct 2010 - 12:29  #
Yes. Basically, in China only chinese can play CN WoW. I suggest you ask some friend, or a teacher.. as long as he/she agrees. ID MUST BE OVER 18 YEARS OLD


Last edited by Urubaen on Mon 25 Oct 2010 - 14:31; edited 1 time in total
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm

Posts : 607
Joined : 2008-05-19
Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

  Mon 25 Oct 2010 - 11:53  #
swankish wrote:
I think the hardest part will be finding a place to get a card because I don't know anywhere to get magazines except the free standing hut on the corner.
the free standing hut should sell them
the hardest will probably be the Chinese ID.
Don't mess up and listen to our suggestions,
Because you will hate it, when you put all that time and effort into trying to play on CN wow and then your account gets blocked by netease or you have this child lock thing, and there is now way out, cause they are asking for that copy of the ID card and you don't have it.
Sup 
FelhoundFelhound

Posts : 195
Joined : 2010-09-03
Male Age : 18
Location : New York

Character in WOW
Server: Perenolde
Name: Trollkicker
Guild: Requited Pride

  Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 0:29  #
Urubaen wrote:
StiXx wrote:
You want him to join our ass?


No. I want him to join and kick your ass.
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm

Posts : 607
Joined : 2008-05-19
Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

  Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 5:05  #
Sup wrote:
Urubaen wrote:
StiXx wrote:
You want him to join our ass?


No. I want him to join and kick your ass.

I wonder what newcomers think about our communtiy?



hmmm...

I wana bash some more Twisted Evil
swankish 
DefiasDefias

Posts : 52
Joined : 2010-10-21

Character in WOW
Server: Kul'Tiras 库尔提拉斯- ch2
Name: Dinosawr
Guild: Laowai Club

  Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 7:14  #
So I asked a friend for her ID today. Hopefully i will be playing tonight! I guess i'll go on maduolan since it seems like pretty much everyone on here plays there. Alliance? What classes y'all need? I have played sham (80), druid (80), death knight (80), pally (80), and warlock (80). I don't know priests at all, and mages i dont know too well, otherwise I have a feel for all the classes and jobs. Played a rogues back in original wow lvl 60. haha.
swankish 
DefiasDefias

Posts : 52
Joined : 2010-10-21

Character in WOW
Server: Kul'Tiras 库尔提拉斯- ch2
Name: Dinosawr
Guild: Laowai Club

  Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 7:24  #
I'm realizing that i may not be able to play on that server due to distance? I'm not really sure how the servers work here but I am living in Henan Province (Zhengzhou particularly). What community by area section should I look under to find what servers are good in my area? Or perhaps I just need some enlightening...
swankish 
DefiasDefias

Posts : 52
Joined : 2010-10-21

Character in WOW
Server: Kul'Tiras 库尔提拉斯- ch2
Name: Dinosawr
Guild: Laowai Club

  Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 8:16  #
annndddd she said no. I can't use her ID so back to square one. I really would be ok with a random ID off the internet but i cant seem to find one. I just want to play. If anyone could let my account be on their ID I would be ok with that. like i said, i just want to play
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm

Posts : 607
Joined : 2008-05-19
Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

  Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 11:02  #
As mentioned in previous posts, don't mess up with the ID card. Try to ask other ppl, in your school (if you are a student), other collegues at work, landlord etc.

Well if you choose Maduolan, CN1, it would be Alliance side. type /join english in your chat to get in touch with one of the guild members of "Cow Eaters".
Once you have an account and can play, I would give it a try and see if CN1 is ok. I play from Yunnan, which is in the south west of China, on CN1 realms and my connection is aroung 100 to 150ms.

About choosing a class for Cow Eaters, I would say play what you like. Hybrid classes will benefit the guild a bit more, due to their flexibility.
If you haven't played a rogue with WOTLK content, then I wouldn't recommend it as your main. I like rogues, but they have a hard time with WOTLK, expecially in 10/25man raids. If you click the link, the TW one, in my sig you will see I have a lvl80 rogue Wink

Personaly I think a Shaman would be a good choice since we do not have a single lvl 80 Shaman.

Here is the class roster of Cow Eaters, level 71 to level 80 only (Nov 2nd 2010).



Last edited by Muhan on Tue 2 Nov 2010 - 15:58; edited 1 time in total
swankish 
DefiasDefias

Posts : 52
Joined : 2010-10-21

Character in WOW
Server: Kul'Tiras 库尔提拉斯- ch2
Name: Dinosawr
Guild: Laowai Club

  Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 11:07  #
so I found a person who plays WOW already. Can I use his ID as well? Can an ID be used for 2 accounts? I think I am leaning towards warlock or druid. those are my favorite classes. Of course you have so many pallys haha!
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm

Posts : 607
Joined : 2008-05-19
Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

  Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 11:17  #
it is possible to use the same ID card for more than one account.

As mentioned above, play what you like.
Druid or Warlock, well we got 2 lvl80 allready and for druid we will have 5 lvl80 in about 10days from now, one is not in the guild, but is lvl80 and has very good gear allready.
I don't want to tell you what to choose, I'm only giving you a hint, if you played a Shaman and you liked it, then I would higly recommend the Shaman.
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm

Posts : 607
Joined : 2008-05-19
Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

  Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 11:22  #
About the ID card, make sure the owner is 18yrs or older and that when you create the account you use the information on the ID card, eg. DO NOT use your own name.
Good luck and looking forward to see you ingame
swankish 
DefiasDefias

Posts : 52
Joined : 2010-10-21

Character in WOW
Server: Kul'Tiras 库尔提拉斯- ch2
Name: Dinosawr
Guild: Laowai Club

  Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 12:24  #
well i havent played retail in a while, are shammie still super cushy? My 80 with pretty decent gear still had really low stam and it kinda drove me nuts. the only way i could pvp was heals because i could keep myself alive then. how is ele and enh now?
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm

Posts : 607
Joined : 2008-05-19
Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

  Tue 26 Oct 2010 - 12:45  #
Well, I don't know too much about shamans. Highest I ever got with a Shaman, was lvl43.
But I know, it would be great, if someone of the guild would have a shaman as his/her main.
I heard they are pretty good healers and whenever I grouped with one that DPS'ed, they did pretty good DPS aswell.
I'm not realy into PVP, but I tried it with my warlock and remember that one time, where I was trying to kill this guy 3vs3 and his health bar wasn't even going down Sad

Just as a side note, Cow Eaters has ppl who have many alts, so we basicaly have everthing covered. But if everyone only plays with their main a Shaman and a Rogue is still missing.
If we were 20 ppl playing every day, it would be different. Unfortunately not everyone can be online that much, so having alts and characters that can do more than just DPS helps us to be more flexible.

Again, do as you wish, you will enjoy it much more, than if you play a toon that you don't like.
Sponsored content 


  Today at 17:14  #
 

Desperate Foreigner

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum