Getting Started
Official links and tools
PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Big aussie/american, little china... no WoW, yet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 20:19  #
Hello fellow gamers,

I just currently moved here to mainland china. It's a city by the name of Qingdao and it's on the eastern coast (I'm from Florida, so the mountains are a GREAT change of scenery). I digress. I've been playing WoW off and on since it first came out. My last stint ended in January of this year, but now that I have a job lined up and a steady income (and free time) I'm back. The only problem is that I live in the school that I'm teaching at so the firewalls of China mixed with the restrictions here make it IMPOSSIBLE to play WoW via US servers. C'est la vie. I guess I'm writing this post to let everyone know that I 1) exist and 2) wish to ask whether people recommend taiwan or chinese servers. I have a couple 80's and I used to run just about everything (I was more of an avid PvP guy, but I'm down to raid, again). I'm ready to re-roll and and do what it takes to prove that I'm pretty damn decent in this game, but I definitely want to know the best place to go. Could someone please let me know?

Greatly appreciated,

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 4:31  #
Hey there Abchao!

Welcome to the community!

I strongly recommend playing on Chinese servers: Woltk just came out (Very Happy) and the foreigner guilds are back and running again.

First of all there's Cow Eaters on Maduolan PVE (马多兰) Ally side, which is a guild made up of 100% foreigners (I am leveling a DK there at the moment so I don't know much about how they raid :\). Before Wotlk, they were raiding SW/BT.

Next there's the guild I am presently in: 朝九晚五 on Bronzebeard (山丘之王) Horde Side PVP server. The guild in itself is mad of 40% foreigners and 60% Chinese. We raid mostly on Thursday nights. As for pvp in the battlegroup, it is more or less balanced now.

Good Luck choosing!

Big aussie/american, little china... no WoW, yet

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free phpbb forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion