Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

A couple of questions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Paul_PS 
CorpseCorpse

A couple of questions. _
  A couple of questions. I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011 - 19:53  #
Hallo guys.
I have just started to study in Hangzhou (180 km from Shanghai). I am going to open the account on CN server and have a couple of questions. I read faq)):
1. As far as I understand I need to choose CN1 or CN5 to have better ping. Please reccomend me a good pvp server. I am arena payer only and looking for good server with a good nmber of skilled arena players. Race does not matter as well as the number of English speakng players (have come to China to study Chinese. Why not combine useful and pleasant sides?)
2. As I have only come to Chna I do not have any friends to get China ID. Can I use my international passport? If not, will I be only limted to 2 hours a day? (not that bad to have time for sports and study anyway))
3. A question which does not connect with wow directly but indirectly. I live in dormitory and limted to the local internet connection which is very slow. I am thinking of having mobile connection (GSM EDGE, or better CDMA). As far as I managed to find the info, CNMobie offers the EDGE package and CN Unicom offers CDMA. Does any one use any. Your recomendations? (or, maybe there is the satellite connections avilable?)
Thanks in advance.
Sup 
FelhoundFelhound
Sup

Male Age : 26

Character in WOW
Server: Perenolde
Name: Trollkicker
Guild: Requited Pride

A couple of questions. _
  A couple of questions. I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011 - 23:31  #
All I can answer is 2), which is NO. The reason they require the ID is to make sure you're a Chinese national because the Communist Party of China are paranoid pricks that for some reason think that a Chinese person receiving American points of views in political situations is poisonous to the "harmonious" state of the nation. Even if you're ethnically Chinese and born in a different country (I fall under that category) you have to scalp an ID from someone else. Alternatively you can go on TW WoW, but there's no guarantee the play style will be optimal with the connection you're describing.
irrelevance 
KoboldKobold
irrelevance

Male Location : Guangzhou

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克
Name: Irrelevance
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

A couple of questions. _
  A couple of questions. I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011 - 5:42  #
Hi there Paul,

You're right about playing on either CN1 or CN5, although CN1 is probably more densely populated.

There is, apparently, a large group of English speakers that do PvP (I think) on CN1, well-integrated into the Chinese community on that server. I believe that they're on

山丘之王/Bronzebeard, Horde-side, with their guild name being 朝九晚五.

Also, there's an Alliance guild on 玛多兰/Madoran with a significant number of English speakers as well (I think). Their name is the Cow Eaters.

Feel free to look both of them up.

I don't believe that you'll be able to use an international ID, although feel free to try ---- you can always call their Tech Support and see if they have anyone that speaks English I love you
If I were you, I'd start looking for a pal who'd be willing to lend you his ID card. Hah!

I don't have any experience with CNMobile, but Unicom's CDMA is rather reliable, in my experience. Either way, I'd suggest getting some kind of land-line, they're FAR more reliable!

Good luck,
Irrelevance
Keith23 
ImpImp

A couple of questions. _
  A couple of questions. I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011 - 10:05  #
If you come to CN5 布兰卡德 server we got 4 foreigners I can give you a chinese ID from a friend.

ours is the most balanced pvp server available if your alliance... Cow eaters would be your other choice which are on a low population PVE server which is as unbalanced as you can get.. like 20 alliance for every horde.

If you wanna come let me know.
Paul_PS 
CorpseCorpse

A couple of questions. _
  A couple of questions. I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011 - 18:28  #
Thanks, Keith. As soon as I find the way to have better inet connection I will contact you.

And thanks to Irrelevance and Sup for answers. They helped a lot.
zhenshibendan 
MurlocMurloc
zhenshibendan

Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN10 Barrenland贫瘠之地
Name: 真是笨蛋
Guild: LV

A couple of questions. _
  A couple of questions. I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011 - 15:31  #
2:It doesnt matter,go to www.baidu.com and search: 身份证 ,you'll find something surprising. Anyway,if you cant really find an ID,call me and I'll help you get one(i'm a chinese hehe)!

3:What about an IC? 1 yuan/hour.Find one around the campus
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

A couple of questions. _
  A couple of questions. I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011 - 14:50  #
Hello Paul_PS and welcome to the forum.

We've got a great community and it's probably the biggest english speaking guild in Mainland China right now, with over 30 foreigners on per night. We've got PvP, as well as PvE and guild activities that aim for integration and friendship.

Check out the links displayed below, or just check "The Crazy Waiguorens" part of the forum.

Once again, welcome.
Cheese 
RaptorRaptor
Cheese

Male Location : Shenzhen

Character in WOW
Server: 鬼雾峰-CN3
Name: Brie
Guild:

A couple of questions. _
  A couple of questions. I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011 - 10:44  #
Yeah I'd go for a land line, IC or anything but the wireless internet.
Unless there's been some kinf of digital revolution I could never find anyone who had a good enough connection to play starcraft, let alone WoW in arena.
(Then again I gave up on them more than 3 years ago)
If your connectoins crummy mayve a virtual netowrk or proxy?
I'm looking at them and will let you know what I find.
Sponsored content 

A couple of questions. _
  A couple of questions. I_icon_minitime  #

A couple of questions.

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com