Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Guide:US WOW on Taiwan Server after Patch 4.1.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Higg2008 
CorpseCorpse

Guide:US WOW on Taiwan Server after Patch 4.1.0 _
  Guide:US WOW on Taiwan Server after Patch 4.1.0 I_icon_minitimeTue 3 May 2011 - 16:21  #
Remark: after patch 4.1.0 (13914) and using the old tweak settings, I realized my US WOW will auto change to Chinese text. After several tweaking, I managed to get it work again - follow c) & d) exactly. Have fun!

a) Download US Full Game Client from
https://us.battle.net/account/download/

b) Patch US Full Game Client to latest from Launcher ie 4.1.0 (13914)

c) Update following line in World of Warcraft\WTF\Config.wtf
- SET locale "enUS"

d) Update following line in World of Warcraft\Data\enUS\realmlist.wtf
- set realmlist tw.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
- set patchlist enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
- set realmlistbn ""
- set portal tw

e) Optional: Install chinese font to wow folder so can display in-game chinese text (to World of Warcraft\Fonts folder)
- Downloadable from http://www.gamefront.com/files/17325058/Fonts.rar/

f) Optional: Install Google Pingyin to type in chinese (press ALT+CTRL during in-game to toggle English/Chinese input)

Reference
https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/t1533-taiwanese-world-of-warcraft-just-for-add-in-guide

ps: Am from Singapore & looking for English speaking guild on Taiwan 冰霜之刺 server, do PM me if you know one, thanks alot!

Last edited by Higg2008 on Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 12:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For Patch 4.2.0)
Steven 
CritterCritter

Guide:US WOW on Taiwan Server after Patch 4.1.0 I_icon_minitimeWed 4 May 2011 - 7:11  #
Hi thanks for the guide, however I have a some what different problem.

I am in Taiwan playing on US Servers. I use the US client of course so no problems whats so ever for me. However since I been here I have invited many chinese friends to play with me on US Servers. With the new patch 4.1 it seems I can not get their chinese clients to work on US server.

I would think doing everything opposite of this would work but it failed to work.

1) Update following line in World of Warcraft\WTF\Config.wtf
- SET locale "zhTW"

2) Update following line in World of Warcraft\Data\zhTW\realmlist.wtf
- set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
- set patchlist zhTW.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
- set realmlistbn ""
- set portal tw

Those where the changes I made I also tried many other variety but it just does not work.

The problem I am getting exactly is Client is all in Chinese when I launch via Launcher.exe. However it can not connect to US Servers.

When I launch with wow.exe it is all in english but can connect to US Servers.
Which is very weird as it doesnt even have the enUS locals in the files only zhTW local.

I tried to look everywhere but could not find any help, so was hoping someone here knew more information about it.
Higg2008 
CorpseCorpse

Guide:US WOW on Taiwan Server after Patch 4.1.0 I_icon_minitimeThu 5 May 2011 - 4:38  #
Quote :
f) Optional: Install Google Pingyin to type in chinese (press ALT+CTRL during in-game to toggle English/Chinese input)

Correction:
f) Optional: Install Google Pingyin to type in chinese (press ALT+SHIFT during in-game to toggle English/Chinese input)
kittykat 
CorpseCorpse
kittykat

Guide:US WOW on Taiwan Server after Patch 4.1.0 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011 - 4:43  #
Alt+shift and Alt+control depends on the setting u have on ur computer.

I use alt+shift (all the alt+shifters say hey!) and my friend uses alt+control, she let me play on her computer and it took me 2 hrs to finally realize how to do it.

I changed her settings b4 i left >Smile
Sponsored content 

Guide:US WOW on Taiwan Server after Patch 4.1.0 I_icon_minitime  #

Guide:US WOW on Taiwan Server after Patch 4.1.0

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com