Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english _
  Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011 - 20:40  #
ANOTHER FIX IS AVAILABLE WHICH TRANSLATE THE GAME AT 100% https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/t2122-cataclysm-4114250-fix-final-guide#19778

Ok so first of all all credits goes to the guys who made the tests and posted vital infos on the brainstorming thread, particularly ublack who provided a lot of informations and kind of saved the day.

I'm reposting the guide he wrote for the sake of visibility.

By using this almost everything is translated except for the items names (for now but you can the delocalize addon to get some translations).

1 - Install the enUS client (https://us.battle.net/account/downloads/WoW-4.0.0-Trial-enUS-Installer.exe) and let it fully update until it says Wow is up to date. (Critical updates must be finished also, so your cache files are 100% built)

2 - Download the chinese root files and extract it whenever you want (dont extract into your enUS installation you're probably going to need that install when the next update is released)

Reuploaded Chinese root files, You can rename the folder from World of Warcraft to whatever you want:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20555344/wowcn-root-files-4.1.0.14250.zip

3 - Copy the Data folder from the enUS client to the folder that has the Chinese root files.

4 - Delete the 14333 files in the Data, enUS and Data\Cache folders.

5 - Rename the Data\enUS and the files within this folder from enUS to enCN

6 - Download this file, save in the enCN folder and rename to wow-update-enCN-13623.MPQ
http://ak.worldofwarcraft.com.edgesuite.net/wow-pod-retail/EU/12911.direct/Data/enUS/wow-update-enUS-13623.MPQ
(Dont modify this file, the game won't accept the file if you modify it. If you did you have to download it again or maybe repack the file)

7 - Copy the Chinese realmlist over to the enCN folder.

8 - Open the wow.mfil with notepad delete everything that's in it, save the file and make it read-only.

9 - Change to or add SET locale "enCN" to the WTF\config.wtf file

10 - Download both wow-update-base-14250.MPQ and wow-update-enCN-14250.MPQ or create them yourself (the enCN file needs to have the db2 files extracted from the chinese locale-enCN)

Data\wow-update-base-14250.MPQ
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20555340/wow-update-base-14250.MPQ

Data\enCN\wow-update-enCN-14250.MPQ
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20555341/wow-update-enCN-14250.MPQ

11 - Get either skeleton
http://bbs.ngacn.cc/read.php?tid=4410005&_fp=1&_ff=200
(edit Skeleton.ini, use skipsignature=1)

or the fixed .exe to launch the game.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20550774/Wow_fixed%28mfil%2Csignaturefile%2Cpatchlimit%29.zip

That's it I think, you're going to have a full enUS client except for items names but you can use an addon for that. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make the game accept the enUS db2 files, but maybe someone should ask the guy who developed skeleton or the one that did the fixed exe if they can do something about it.

It's not practical having to copy the Data\Cache folder from the enUS client but it needs to be done.

Feel free to make any changes to this 'guide' and repost anywhere you want. You can also upload your own version of the files so people know they can trust it 100%.

Dropbox mirror
Spoiler:

Screenshots

Last edited by bolomas on Sat 16 Jul 2011 - 18:50; edited 2 times in total
Ublak 
KoboldKobold

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul 2011 - 20:50  #
This was posted a few minutes ago. It might be risky but if it works the client will be 100% in english and it's also a lot easier to do.

https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/t2119-how-to-play-chinese-wow-with-foreign-language-clients
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011 - 5:19  #
This is the same way i modify my german client and chinese client.
Both work 99% in German,with idelocalyzor to translate items.
rhodekylle 
RaptorRaptor

Male Age : 64

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011 - 12:01  #
I'm using WinXP and having a bit of trouble with this. I rem'd out the 14333 files for step 4 and I'm using the modified exe file downloaded from the link above; however, I'm getting a critical error on launching with the modified exe:

Fatal condition!

Program: N:\Cataclismic\Hybrid\World of Warcraft\Wow_hc.exe
ProcessID: 1480

Failed to open required archive Data/wow-update-base-14333.MPQ due to missing WoW.mfil

Debug Details:

[0] err=2 text=SFileOpenArchive - SFILE_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND - N:/Cataclismic/Hybrid/World of Warcraft/Data/wow-update-base-14333.MPQ
Storm Error Msg:The system cannot find the file specified.

WoWBuild: 14250

Any advice?

Edit: It hasn't been updated for a long time, but I used to use ItemNameTranslator to handle problems back in the dark ages: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/project-3315/pages/main-zh-cn/

Perhaps those with more coding experience would be able to import updated info?
Ublak 
KoboldKobold

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011 - 15:26  #
You probably have a file in your data folder with "wow-update" and "14333" on its name, even if the extension isn't .MPQ
rhodekylle 
RaptorRaptor

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011 - 17:10  #
I'm old. I "REM"d it. I'll try just deleting it, thanks.
ReiChina 
HarpyHarpy
ReiChina

Female Age : 50

Character in WOW
Server: CN1
Name: BloodRaine/ (hub)Soloman
Guild: Crazy Weiguorens

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011 - 17:54  #
Is this the same as the post that says it's 100%? Or is this just an 'older' version of the fix?
rhodekylle 
RaptorRaptor

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011 - 18:42  #
This is a slightly different method from the one posted by AK48.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011 - 18:45  #
Guys do you think we should keep this post or move it in the trash? I'm worried it confuse people more than help them. AK's fix seems to work fine and is far less tricky to put in place.
rhodekylle 
RaptorRaptor

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011 - 18:53  #
OK, deleting the REM'd out files worked, thanks!

Unfortunately, we got hit with the mini-patch. What adjustments need to be made to get past that?

Bolo, let's keep this running if you guys have the patience to juggle both. AK-48 has a good solution, but I'm more comfortable with the old fashioned fix.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011 - 19:17  #
That's fine but then someone has to maintain and update this method.
Ublak 
KoboldKobold

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul 2011 - 19:47  #
I think it'd be best just to delete this thread.

This method works but someone would have to make a new set of custom MPQ files every time a patch is released. And since there's an easier way to translate the client I won't be posting a solution on how to translate the item names.

rhodekylle wrote:
OK, deleting the REM'd out files worked, thanks!

Unfortunately, we got hit with the mini-patch. What adjustments need to be made to get past that?

Bolo, let's keep this running if you guys have the patience to juggle both. AK-48 has a good solution, but I'm more comfortable with the old fashioned fix.
You need the updated launcher.exe

CN Launcher.exe v4.1.0.2514
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20559533/Launcher.rar
(People should label the files before uploading them)
rhodekylle 
RaptorRaptor

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2011 - 6:13  #
Thanks guys!

I'll withdraw my comment. Keeping this band-aide working is going to be a headache for both the users and those who volunteer their work to keep us up and running. If I get banned, at least it will be in good company. Perhaps at some later date, if we're ever on the same patch cycle, a different way can be found.

Sponsored content 

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english I_icon_minitime  #

Cataclysm in english : 90% translated in english

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Technical support -
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com