Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Healers guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Krokro 
GolemGolem

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Biceps
Guild:

Healers guide _
  Healers guide I_icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2007 - 6:59  #
Lets make a short and easy explanations of basic principles of the game:

Lexicon (复习)
DOT = Damage On Time
HOT = Healing On Time
DPM = Damage Per Mana
HPM = Healing Per Mana
DPS = Damage Per Second
HPS = Healing Per Second
AOE = Area Of Effect: offensive spells, physical attacks, healing and crowd controls can be aoe (a difference can be made on a multi target spell such as a 5 targets fear, and a true aoe spell which is unlimited in number of targets)

4 classes can heal: priest, droods, shamans, paladins

Short time casting are mana efficient and should have preference of all healing classes at anytime, but especially during raid boss fights. Long time casting should be cast when the target is under 50% of its life, or fighting a high dps mob/player.

Paladins and shamans will never be as good healers as droods and priests. Feral druids (and some shadow priests) often ask pallys or shamys to be main healers, so they can dps: thats a complete non sense. Shamys and pallys have only 2 spells for healing: a long casting (high HPS) and a short casting (low HPM = mana efficient); they do not have HOTs, which is a very important tool for main healers. Instead shamys have dps and pallys have damage mitigation.

Priests are often said to be better healers than droods; in fact their heals are not better, but they have a few tools in addition to their basic heals, especially the bubbles.

For hard fight, cast HOTs or bubble before the beginning of the fight (ie. before the aggro/pull of mobs) which is a good habbit, or wait for the tanks to build a little aggro. But do not cast it when the mobs are rushing yet, thats an aggro steal really inefficient to the party survability.

Druids, priests, pallys and shamys are expected to be healers for all lvl 60 instances. Pallys are never expected to tank (although they can off tank easily here and there), feral druids are not required to respec but they really are expected to heal, etc... If you dont follow this rule, you will be spammed to death before being kicked, not only here in China, but from every servers on this planet. If you dont like it, you have the choice of not going into raids, or reroll one of the 5 non healing classes.

I hope this can bring help for some.
bazza 
HydraHydra

Male Location : Hong Kong

Character in WOW
Server: 米奈希爾 / 雷鱗
Name: magey 掉哪星 bazza bunter fatbaz sham pali rogey deafknight barryone huntard wagyu
Guild: WTF

Healers guide _
  Healers guide I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2007 - 7:20  #
short time casting is mana inefficient!

flash heals get 1.5/3.5 of your +healing while greater heals get 2.5/3.5 or max bonus from +healing

granted on some bosses where the MTs are getting pummeled or are about to get hit by a special attack by all means flash heal and shield

yes in general disc/holy priest are the best healers but sometimes druids get top for healing coz of their AOE healing but i get innervates of them so i like druids Smile

now that HOTs stack, ALL RAIDS are easier now - 8 priest = 8 renews = avg 3xx X 8 per tick = >2000HP per tick
Krokro 
GolemGolem

Character in WOW
Guild:

Healers guide _
  Healers guide I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2007 - 8:06  #
bazza wrote:
short time casting is mana inefficient!

Lets take the case I know best: pallies

White spells:
Flash heal (rank 6) 140mana 363heal => 2.59hpm
Holy light (rank 9) 660mana 1680heal => 2.54hpm

With the Holy Lights talents (+12%heal)
Flash heal (rank 6) 140mana 407heal => 2.9hpm
Holy light (rank 9) 660mana 1880heal => 2.85hpm
Most of the pallies I discussed with got this talent, but a full protection palatank or pvp retribution specced will skip it.

Still with Healing Lights, now healing a target under Light (flash +115, holy +400)
Flash heal (rank 6) 140mana 522heal => 3.72hpm
Holy light (rank 9) 660mana 2280heal => 3.45hpm
Usually raids have enough pallies to cast this spell, at least on their main targets (Tanks and Main Healers)

Here are only for pallies, i admit i didnt make all this brain wash for the other classes. I assumed that since every class has 2 direct heals, one short and one long, the long was time efficient, the other was mana efficient; maybe im wrong but i wont bet on it Very Happy

Quote :
flash heals get 1.5/3.5 of your +healing while greater heals get 2.5/3.5 or max bonus from +healing
I didnt add the calculations with an example as +400 healing from items, here are only basic calculations for pallies; maybe i'll add it if i feel like it later. Note that i did see this calculations before on other forums yet, including the +400 healing; the result was short casting are still mana efficient.

Note that all this stuff must be considered without overhealing, overhealing occurs much more often with a long time casting spells. Another reason for what i definitively suggest considering short cast.
bazza 
HydraHydra

Male Location : Hong Kong

Character in WOW
Server: 米奈希爾 / 雷鱗
Name: magey 掉哪星 bazza bunter fatbaz sham pali rogey deafknight barryone huntard wagyu
Guild: WTF

Healers guide _
  Healers guide I_icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2007 - 12:49  #
ah ok. palllllys...... u either hate them or hate them :p but we can have them as blood elves now .......
for the case of priests, we have high spirit so normally regen around 110 mana per tick

if we cast more flash heals it means more time in the 5 second rule so we regen less but still get the 15% regen from talents and the 20mp5 from 3 T3s

its different in every raid, we normally have 8 priests 3 shaman and 3 druids so never oom

but maybe more crucial in L70 endgame since 25raids and 5 groups you gotta do your job better and will be spotted easily slacking with is overlooked in previous 40man raids
Tre 
DefiasDefias
Tre

Male Location : Taizhou

Character in WOW
Server: Area 4 - 澳得兰克
Name: Tre
Guild:

Healers guide _
  Healers guide I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2007 - 8:23  #
Shaman also have chain healing, giving them 3 heals in total.

Edit: and healing totems Smile
dilou 
HarpyHarpy

Character in WOW
Server: Page 1
Name: Buffman
Guild:

Healers guide _
  Healers guide I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2007 - 13:13  #
For me paladins are the best healers because

1.They give the best BUFFs
2.They do the best auras, resistance and armor
3.They wear plate
4.They can put a shield on someone thats take off ALL the agroe
5.They put there own shield on when they aggroe
6.They can sacrifice when a wipe happens
7.They can wear a shield
8.They have a spell that automaticly makes the next heal crit
9.They never run out of mana when they have good gear because each time they crit they regain full mana of the heal
10.They can start tanking if all warriors are down
11.They do better HPM than druids and priest

Only disadvantage of the paladin is that they donot have alot of mana but thats why we invented POTIONS

If you disagree with what I said make a list like I did
keichimayu 
DefiasDefias

Healers guide _
  Healers guide I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2007 - 14:06  #
dilou wrote:
For me paladins are the best healers because

3.They wear plate
5.They put there own shield on when they aggroe
7.They can wear a shield
8.They have a spell that automaticly makes the next heal crit
9.They never run out of mana when they have good gear because each time they crit they regain full mana of the heal

Only disadvantage of the paladin is that they donot have alot of mana but thats why we invented POTIONS

If you disagree with what I said make a list like I did

i think the paladin are the best heal but on one target i think because they don't have hots.

1. they have stamina buff and spirit i think it's better than 10 % all carac.
2. ok
3. it doesn't matter because if you have a good group the tank always keep the agroe and you were never in font of a dps class in the agroe list.
4. yes i agree but if you are healer you don't have the template to keep the agroe and you were two shoot ...
5. the priest too and they have fade
6. ok i agree whit this but it's only one time /hour so a priest whit a warlock stone it's 2 times.
7. ok
8. the priest too and it cost only 11 talent points against 21 for a paladin.
9. it will be faulth whit TBC you have only 60%of regain mana when they do a crit.
10. i don't think so !!!
11 . i don't know what is HPM :p

i repeat the paladins are the best healers on one cible but he can't heal alone a raid.
A priest can heal a raid alone...

bye bye ^^

sorry for my poor english :p
dilou 
HarpyHarpy

Character in WOW
Server: Page 1
Name: Buffman
Guild:

Healers guide _
  Healers guide I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2007 - 17:05  #
HPM is healing per mana
Krokro 
GolemGolem

Character in WOW
Guild:

Healers guide _
  Healers guide I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2007 - 18:09  #
dilou wrote:
yup
Quote :
Sure but they are the only ones to have auras Smile (except the hunter rn aura)
Quote :
3.They wear plate
Sure that's sweet Very Happy
Quote :
No, only the physical attacks; a dying teammate will still keep the focus of all caster mobs. That doesnt remove dots/curse either (unlike our self cast ultimate bubble)
Quote :
thats nice as well; Still, its a cheap version of Shaman's autorez.
Quote :
7.They can wear a shield
yup, armor power!
Quote :
However a holy tree ability.
Quote :
Well here I really can't agree. You have to build the aggro with the warriors to do so, what usually warriors (and the rest of the raid) wont permit. Besides, to tank efficiently, you need to boost your defense, mass armor is not enough. That is what you cant do if you work in the holy tree. If you don't up defense, you will take every crits and crushing blows from the mobs, healing you will exhaust healers mana much too quickly.
Quote :
I havent checked it yet, but our HPS is lower fersure.

HPS/DPS can be used to compare players, but not HPM/DPM. Because it depends on your spirit and mana pool. Priests have high spirit and large mana pool. Assuming their spells HPM is low, Im not sure this is really more a problem for them than for us.

Still, as a paladin, I miss the hots and the aoe heals. As a conclusion here, probably two of the greatest spells of the paladin are the judgement of light and wisdom. The results are simply astounding. To do that, the paladin has to learn about his real place: a front line healer.
Sponsored content 

Healers guide _
  Healers guide I_icon_minitime  #

Healers guide

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: WoW ingame talk :: Classes -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com