Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Uh uh .. How will this affect us?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Sainan 
RaptorRaptor

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Server: region 4 澳得兰克
Name: Sainan
Guild:

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? _
  Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2007 - 15:33  #
http://english.people.com.cn/200704/10/eng20070410_364977.html
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Server: TW
Name: noobcake
Guild:

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2007 - 4:19  #
fuck china !

this is so stupid...
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2007 - 11:20  #
a) doesn't affect naklin...
--> real id card number (no generated one), adult. i wont get time limit on game, and i wont get cut off. some chinese use fake id#, some use reals. depends on person.

b) bedo uses real name with one digit changed... might affect him

c) luna uses a fake number of which he doesn't even remember.

weird point: in all chars i wrote a diff "name" in name field. will they screen the "name" with the real "name" according to id card number?

weird point 2: will that rule apply to newly created accounts or to all? chinese companies are VERY powerful and always strike some deals with government. i wouldn't be surprised if there would not be a loophole that the9 could exploit. they dont wanna lose users. they have a LOT (chinese included) that would be affected.

weird point 3: much ado about nothing. ever heard about so many rumors and official statements in china which in the end meant......<nothing> in real life?
how about the official, legal, by law, full crackdown on piracy 2004?
how about stronger enforcement and total prohibition of sideline production in factories.... copy market anyone? outlet stores anyone?
how about google showing only censored search results.......?
sure... if you search on google.cn .... loophole: .com domain. and dont think some guy in the gov is too stupid to have thought of that.
how about ....

the list goes on. this is a nice conversation subject for me. but for now, it'll be that, and nothing more.

good going though on the panic machine. lol.
OTOH, i think the game fatigue system will kick in, yes. but that wont affect me. about the id card numbers. pffff. we'll see.
worst case i have my own little solution.

have a nice day
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2007 - 11:42  #
Quote :
The circular says on-line game companies must develop a system that restricts a minor's playing time by canceling half their earned credits if they remain on-line for more than three hours a day. If the child plays for more than five hours a day all of their gaming credits will be taken away.

that, for me, reads as in MINORS.

Quote :
On-line gamers will also be required to register using their real names and identity card numbers which will indicate if they are under the age of 18.

that to me reads still as to new registrations. might be the loophole here, concerning current registrations.
i am still looking for the official chinese gov. release in chinese.

source: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007-04/10/content_846837.htm
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2007 - 11:45  #
can you register several accounts with 1 ID card ?
pouetpou 

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2007 - 13:50  #
yes i did, and i think a lot of us, used the same ID card from the same web site we found before... Good or Bad, we'ill see later lol
ownage 

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2007 - 19:56  #
several accounts as in different servers (region1,2,3,4 etc) or with different login? because for different servers you only need to buy a new cdkey, but for different login I think you need a new ID.
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2007 - 3:31  #
i have 3 CD-keys on same ID...
i read the TOA (Terms of agreement) of The9 with a chinese person. nothing says you are allowed to have only one account.

again.....
nothing to see here, move along.
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2007 - 5:31  #
we'll see LOL
pouetpou 

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Apr 2007 - 18:46  #
YOU CAN !!
Luna 
Scarlet MonkScarlet Monk
Luna

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2007 - 6:30  #
Game companies tend to open business for making money...and so does the9 HAH
Money buys everything.

Except...
Keltax 
CorpseCorpse

Male Age : 38

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2007 - 9:01  #
when I was playing yesterday I had a little yellow frown face pop up and tell me that I was on for too long and was not going to be getting much experience if I continued to stay on.
Originally I got a chinese guy to help me set up my account. Do this mean that he is under 18? (which I find hard to believe) and I have to make a new account, under my own name, in order to level up at proper speed?
It's hard for me to believe that a government steps in on video game addiction. Most other countries are too busy worried about crack, cocaine, heroin, and murders to have time for this.
ownage 

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2007 - 19:15  #
so the law is TRUE! better get a local that"s over 18 then.

and the local government doesn"t have as much trouble with crack,cocaine and murders cuz they usually just kill all the suspects. lol

And no, china is not the only country with silly laws, ever heard of usa? they tried to ban GTA and countless other games and eminem almost gets sue yearly just for talking trash.
Keltax 
CorpseCorpse

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2007 - 5:59  #
yeah, im from the US.. i know we have silly laws, like the 21 drinking age, but it just pisses me off because it's going to take like 3x as long to level with this now. Also, the guy I got it from often went to a 网吧 and to use the computers there you have to be 18 so I don't know what the deal is.
Luna 
Scarlet MonkScarlet Monk
Luna

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2007 - 6:06  #
Keltax wrote:
when I was playing yesterday I had a little yellow frown face pop up and tell me that I was on for too long and was not going to be getting much experience if I continued to stay on.
Originally I got a chinese guy to help me set up my account. Do this mean that he is under 18? (which I find hard to believe) and I have to make a new account, under my own name, in order to level up at proper speed?
It's hard for me to believe that a government steps in on video game addiction. Most other countries are too busy worried about crack, cocaine, heroin, and murders to have time for this.

Dude you mean they implemented this system already? or that face was your girlfriend's ???
ownage 

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2007 - 15:07  #
good thing my gf is over 18 lol

Keltax I strongly suggest you to register the account with an ID of someone you know; the dudes from the cyber cafe probably use a ID generator for your registration and your account WILL be stolent sooner or later.
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2007 - 15:37  #
"good thing my gf is over 18"
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2007 - 17:55  #
few questions, before silly panic spreads all around again and people make weird and stupid assumptions based on a non-detailed post.

1. How old are you?
2. How old was your friend who registered for you? did he use his own ID card number?
3. When this "popup" appeared, were you playing wow from a private PC (at home, for example), from a university dorm or inside a cybercafe/netbar?
(note: i know for a fact that universities and cybercafes have to enforce this law already, and as opposed to the9, they DO have age check)
4. Do you use US or Chinese WoW client?
5. That pop-up was a pop-up from within WoW? or outside WoW?
(note: i doubt it was from within wow, especially with a smiley face. no such thing inside of the wow resource files. therefore, my guess it was outside of WoW. if it was a private PC, that means they needed to hack unauthorized into your PC to send a system message. little probability. therefore i guess you played in a netbar, which again, leads to the fact i wanna get to, NOTHING has been enforced yet by the9 or WoW itself. the popup would have appeared after playing about any game.)
6. Can you play another 3 hours straight and make a Screeshot of your screen when this pop-up comes up again?

See, my point being:
I, half of my guild, and a few other friends, we have been playing on server 5 (shanghai) new characters, since the server went down (the times i wasn't on my serv).
I played straight from friday to sunday, without a single message of any kind, and pumping XP like an idiot (we are about 40ish, all of us now).

Something is wrong, and opposed to some others in this forum, i'd like to get down to the root of things before panicking like little nuns on the gay-pride.

Thank you for your help.
Keltax 
CorpseCorpse

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2007 - 2:55  #
response to naklin-

1. 21
2. don't know (random poor chinese guy who won't steal my account, just trust me) but I would assume 18 because he helped me do it at a net bar where he was a QQ addict, used his own
3.popped up at a net bar
4.chinese
5.within wow, not really a pop up either, just a small yellow frowny face that looked kind of tired and then when i scrolled over it, it said in chinese basically that I was on for 3 hours already and I would recieving half experience and if I stayed on for another 2 hours something else more drastic would happen (i think no experience)... it said if I would log off for 5 hours I would return to normal mode.

-I'm not making this up, I have to play at a net bar because the ram on the computer in our apartment is only 256mb and it was loaned to us by the landlord. I have no reason to make it up, just think it sucks that it will now take me forever to level.

- Also, Naklin.. I've been playing on server 4 and I don't really want to have to reroll a new account if I find out that the same is true on my character on server 4 as my won on server 3, so I read earlier that you have some friends with some accounts they don't use... are they for sale?
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2007 - 11:29  #
Keltax:

I unpacked all the .MPQ files from 1.12.3 Wow client (CHINESE AND ENGLISH).
someone please help me, because i can't find a single resource for your mentioned smiley face.
I am not here saying it didn't appear. I believe you. you wouldn't have a reason for telling us this otherwise., I wanna find out though, if it was provoked by the NETBAR, or by some additional thing running in background.
Also, i wanna know if it is related to your ID card number or not.

because i don't get that smiley... and i am playing now for 3rd hour on area 5 at this right moment.

with (drums rolling) a generated ID number from luna's account.
i will try with my ID car number i use (over 18 ) as soon as i can, as well (when server 4 opens, for sure anyways...).
Luna 
Scarlet MonkScarlet Monk
Luna

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2007 - 13:19  #
My account was made with a ID generator, probably with a deceased PRC citizen
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2007 - 13:33  #
lol.... yap, 300 year old ching ding ping is playing wow on server 5... lol
Keltax 
CorpseCorpse

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2007 - 4:11  #
Well It happened at two different wangbas so I don't know what the deal is. Tomorrow, I'll be playing all day (unless this smiley face shit shows up) and I'll let you know if it happens when I switch back to my district four account. If it does... it's either reroll or buy an account (which will suck either way). I don't know the real reason, except maybe Chengdu made them put it in before Shanghai.. it was definately within the game but could have been added pretty easily because it's not a really advanced feature
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2007 - 9:54  #
screenshot. thank you
Keltax 
CorpseCorpse

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2007 - 15:47  #
i dont know how I can access that from a netbar, it's not like I can go into their files or anything, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow if it pops up (I'm praying it's only my district 3 account)
Keltax 
CorpseCorpse

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitimeThu 3 May 2007 - 3:17  #
Well, I got on yesterday to the 4th district warrior (that I created a week and a half ago) and played for 6-7 hours straight with no problems what so ever. I kept waiting for the sleepy face to come up next to my health bar, but luckily it didn't happen.
Now, I created my 3rd district account last year but I created the hunter that the face appeared on the day that the 4th went down last week. That means that either they are trying it out on all new characters or on all 3rd district characters or on all new 3rd district characters. Either way pretty strange stuff.
With the screenshot, I don't know how to access files at a netbar, on top of the fact that I don't want to log onto that alt for 3+ hours just to see it popup now that I know my warrior doesnt have the same problems.
Sponsored content 

Uh uh .. How will this affect us? I_icon_minitime  #

Uh uh .. How will this affect us?

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com