Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Hey guys and/or girls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SH3LD1N 
CorpseCorpse
SH3LD1N

Male Age : 37

Character in WOW
Server:
Name: Sheldin, Gambe
Guild:

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012 - 4:01  #
The name's Jake. ive been playing since pre-BC and i thought i would have to quit wow when i moved to china... guess i was wrong! i am so relieved to find this website/community and discover im not alone out here. i hope to get set up and online within a week or so, but if someone could answer a quick question for me? what about expansions? do i have to buy them all over again? i found tons of other useful info, but i dont think i came across that.

-J.
Mister_Evening 
DefiasDefias
Mister_Evening

Character in WOW
Server: Alterac
Name: Kuroko/Fierylove/Not Frozenlove
Guild: The Crazy Waiguoren

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012 - 7:57  #
No you dont have to buy the expansion, you just have to torrent download 5.0.5 version of wow in english or whichever language you are more comfortable in.

Then follow the guide https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/t2377-wow-cn-in-your-language-pc-50516135-up-to-date

If you feel bad about not needing to pay for the client. Don't, cause in China they let you download the expansions for free when playing Cwow.

But if you do have some problem in installation, I think you could ask one of our guild members in Guangdong Province to meet up with you one day and let you download the client onto your USB drive.

Wish I could help more I'm currently in Beijing.
SH3LD1N 
CorpseCorpse
SH3LD1N

Character in WOW
Server:
Guild:

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012 - 9:32  #
thanks for your response. if i feel bad? ha! couldnt tell you how much ive spent on wow. im relieved to hear that i dont have to pay. and thanks for giving me a link to the guide, ive been on here for a few hours trying to figure it out and now i have a headache. everything seems manageable except for that the Fonts.rar links seem to be dead. or at least its blocked by the great firewall. any alternative? also, if you suggest a vpn, mine stopped working just after i moved to shenzhen and havent been able to update it or get a different one.
Mister_Evening 
DefiasDefias
Mister_Evening

Character in WOW

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012 - 11:06  #
yea i noticed before that the font links are dead but im passive chaotic, i did not mention anything about it.
>.>
<.<

anyway I can send you the fonts that i have in my client to you.
Mister_Evening 
DefiasDefias
Mister_Evening

Character in WOW

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012 - 11:46  #
Being the passive chaotic that I am, i refuse to let you choose how you should receive your file.

I dont know if this will work perfectly, the wikisend(online file sharer) website says that the files stay online as long as i set it (max 90 days) so it should still be on even if two days have passed. Meaning the time is now ticking...also I set the file life to 89/90 days. (I am chaos)

Font Link

But yea the zip files contain my Fonts folder so just replace the contents of your font folder with mine and it should be fine.
SH3LD1N 
CorpseCorpse
SH3LD1N

Character in WOW
Server:
Guild:

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012 - 4:24  #
you my friend are a life saver. i received the file just fine. now to set everything up. hope to see you in game soon.
Mister_Evening 
DefiasDefias
Mister_Evening

Character in WOW

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012 - 8:05  #
Cool
but wait!!!!

I am not entirely sure how this works but in chinese wow we have a reruit system in place.

Meaning that if someone refers someone to WoW, both parties (you and the recruit) get like a cool transformation mount.

Also another bonus is that if the two parties level together, they get like a 150%-200% exp bonus (not to sure about the numbers)

Now again I am not sure about the exp bonus but it is enough for you to go from lvl 1 - lvl 80 in one day. Not to sure about the mount either.

I myself am not so eager to level another character, but maybe other people are. So I would suggest you to make another post online asking if someone wants to be your referrer and level together.

like this guy made a reply to this post about recruiting a friend
--> https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/t2643-team-mate-to-level-from-1-85-90#24768

:/ dont know if he already recruited a friend or is still looking (I'll talk to him online about it )

Last edited by Mister_Evening on Fri 16 Nov 2012 - 8:19; edited 1 time in total
Mister_Evening 
DefiasDefias
Mister_Evening

Character in WOW

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012 - 8:14  #
Telecom and Unicom
Btw this might not be a problem for you since u are in shenzhen,

but in Cwow, the servers are divided between two major chinese internet companies. Unicom and Telecom, to my understanding telecom is majorly used in the south and unicum in the north.

Our server - CN1 Alterac Mountains 奥特兰克 - is dominated by telecom. Meaning if you use the unicom ISP you will lag bunnies.

But this problem can be solved either with changing to Telecom or purchasing 27net(a specialized vpn for gaming in china).

see guide if you are using unicom
-->https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/t1545-guide-how-to-install-recharge-your-27net-updated-4-7-2011

Btw try and spot the dirty word XD
SH3LD1N 
CorpseCorpse
SH3LD1N

Character in WOW
Server:
Guild:

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012 - 8:39  #
i know they have the refer a friend program. its a great program, i used it a few time in the US (when i was single and had the time). but here in china (full-time job, part-time job, wife and baby) i dont have a set or steady time to play except for my lunch break. plus, i prefer to play at my own pace, im in no hurry to be 90 plus i like to work on professions at the same time. so i think ill level the old fashioned way. besides, with the exp cut they did, ill be high level in no time. and no worries, im on telecom.
Mister_Evening 
DefiasDefias
Mister_Evening

Character in WOW

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012 - 8:59  #
Alrighty

One last thing, some foreigners have encountered a problem where they can type chinese characters in Word Documents but cant in the WoW program.

I solved this with Windows 7 by going to
Control Panel-->Clock, Language and Region-->Change Location--> Administrative Bar-->Change System Locale

I changed mine to China (Simplified) PRC and I could type chinese again in WoW.

Before it always showed ???? instead of the characters. Like when I try to type 你妈的 it goes out like ???. It was very frustrating...
SH3LD1N 
CorpseCorpse
SH3LD1N

Character in WOW
Server:
Guild:

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012 - 9:58  #
that shouldnt be a problem for me. i can barely speak any chinese let alone type it. thats why im glad i found you guys XD. anywho, really lookin forward to playing with everyone. ive already been online and i see that quite a few people are on during the day. sadly, couldnt whisper or talk in the english channel (just on trial account at the moment) should be fine tonight though, just have to find a place that sells time cards.
Mister_Evening 
DefiasDefias
Mister_Evening

Character in WOW

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012 - 10:52  #
Ur local 7/11 or wangba either of the two should have

I personally like the 7/11 more because you dont hear chinese people swearing and you dont smell stuff. Smells that cannot be unsmelled, smells that are burned into your nostrils for life.

7/11 is your best bet.
SH3LD1N 
CorpseCorpse
SH3LD1N

Character in WOW
Server:
Guild:

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012 - 10:56  #
yea...i dont think theres a 7/11 around here. i dont live in the city, im in a town about an hours drive out. im sure ill figure something out. ive seen TONS of sellers on taobao. for me, best bet would be that. but next time i go into the city on business ill keep that in mind and stock up.
Mister_Evening 
DefiasDefias
Mister_Evening

Character in WOW

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Nov 2012 - 11:09  #
If thats the case, then Wangba's

Even in the most rustic towns, there should be a wangba. just look for the words 网吧,

Walk towards the counter, dont look the guy in the eye and gently say mo shou shi jie dian ka (魔兽世界点卡) usually the dealer will take a good hard look at you and then proceed to ask.

15 or 30.
I would opt for the 30 rmb one (4000 minutes) more convenient.

Now usually the less modern wangba's would have the plastic cards. The more modern wangba's will create a code for you and print out a piece of paper with the number and passcode.
(if they write on a piece of paper, say no and that you want it printed out because they can cheat you by later saying that you changed the number by making a 0 into an 8 and not give u a refund if it didnt work)
**Cautious** if this happens, they will look at you and snarl at you and if the snarling continues, just look around until the process is done. Any sudden movements will startle the dealer.

Sponsored content 

Hey guys and/or girls _
  Hey guys and/or girls I_icon_minitime  #

Hey guys and/or girls

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Communities by area :: Shanghai 上海 CN1, CN5 / Guangdong CN10 :: The Crazy Waiguorens - Horde Guild - CN1 奥特兰克 (Alterac) :: Introduce Yourself to TCW! -
Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com