Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Pick one choice below
I really want to move!
Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild Vote_l1020%Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild Vote_r10
 20% [ 8 ]
I'd rather move, but will accept the majority decision
Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild Vote_l1015%Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild Vote_r10
 15% [ 6 ]
Don't care
Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild Vote_l1010%Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild Vote_r10
 10% [ 4 ]
I'd rather stay, but will accept the majority decision
Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild Vote_l1033%Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild Vote_r10
 33% [ 13 ]
I really want to stay
Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild Vote_l1022%Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild Vote_r10
 22% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 40

Warmaster_Blackhorn 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
Warmaster_Blackhorn

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: Alterac澳得兰克 / Arygos亚雷戈斯
Name: Blackhorn, Scribbler, Whitehorn
Guild: Crazy Waiguorens

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild _
  Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013 - 15:49  #
Given the fact that the previous poll seems to have involved plenty of corruption and multiple votes from some people, I'm making this one instead. Let me know if you want to move or stay.

Another alternative is to create a second guild on a PVE server and run both at the same time. We can do shared activities due to cross realm technology, i.e.world bosses, flex raids, bgs, 5-mans, heroic scenarios, etc.

I'll look into creating a guild on 5区-亚雷戈斯 (PVE, 4,900 players, 75% Horde) where we can collect all those who hate ganking and really don't want to stay on a pvp server.

I'm also open to other pve servers if people have other options. I think it will have to be a horde guild, however, as too many don't want to change.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013 - 17:14  #
Hello - haven't tuned in for a while.

I'd like to point out that the poll system on this forum is flawed as well. There's no limit on how many votes a user's allowed to take; you can effectively vote once on your account, simply logout, and vote again.

I think it's IP-locked though but users would still get 2 votes each, allowing anyone and their friends to mess around with the results.

For example, I just tested it on this poll (sorry Blackhorn). 2 of the votes on the "I really want to move" choice were from me alone and I've instantly boosted it up to 33% again.
Warmaster_Blackhorn 
Warmaster_Blackhorn

Character in WOW

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013 - 17:20  #
I hope people will be decent about it, though.

We can always just create a branch location for those who really want to move so at least they're in the same place. With cross-realm gaming available now, its not that bad if we're in two different locations.
Spooky 
DefiasDefias
Spooky

Male Age : 38

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克
Name: Spooky
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013 - 20:39  #
Given the info Uru gave us, I think what we can do is, the voter can just post here the name of their toon and their vote, no need for the vote to be secret, all votes will be respected.
sleepwholelife 
DefiasDefias
sleepwholelife

Male Location : Beijing

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 (Alterac)
Name: Wakka

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2013 - 5:11  #
+1 for really want to stay
HolyYo 
ImpImp

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克,红龙军团
Name: Varimathas, Vaze, 老外先生
Guild:

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2013 - 5:55  #
Warmaster_Blackhorn wrote:
I'm also open to other pve servers if people have other options. I think it will have to be a horde guild, however, as too many don't want to change.
I would like to "suggest" a "PVP horde dominated“ based server, which would more likely appeal to most players that wants to change servers, hates getting ganked but likes to pvp as well.

Red Dragonblight 红龙军团(80%H-20%L) - 32k total pop, no queues any time/day, Shanghai based server, meaning same latency as playing in Alterac, one of the old servers(8 yrs) with good community(played in dragonblight before) in terms of PVE(G raids, raid PUG groups) and PVP(some of the top horde gladiator teams in Area 1 were in Dragonblight too).

Discussing the server change is a tricky thing, and would most defintely need not only the majority of the guilds approval but also minding each players opinion as well(time invested on all ur toons, transferring toons aint free, sentimental values?Very Happy ).

Anyways thanks for reading my lengthy post and hopefully this matter gets resolved soon.
Jason Leung 
HarpyHarpy
Jason Leung

Male Age : 30

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2013 - 6:39  #
Spooky wrote:
Given the info Uru gave us, I think what we can do is, the voter can just post here the name of their toon and their vote, no need for the vote to be secret, all votes will be respected.
Let me be the volunteer for the first one, number 3 don't care because I'm not even sure I will be playing this game in the next patch and the moving won't really affect me since I have almost 0 interest on achievement, quest, etc. But some ppl tell me they love it and i understand it, we all have a different motive and fun in playing the game. Therefore even though i'm quite neutral on this one, if the people that I usually talk/hang out with move of course I'll move, I'll just RAF and make a new 1. The whole point is playing together isn't it, not really about your ingame possesion.

In my opinion you guys are too hasty and never really have an open discussion or something like that. Even when black propose to have a discussion there are only a few ppl in YY and only tora and some guy actually stating reasonable reason as why you want to stay/move.

Now, here is the fact: if you move other than normal raid you can do other stuff from cross realm together (yeah rbg is doable through cross invites). And who is actually raiding ? and as far as I know the people who regulary raid have no interest in pvp and do almost 0 pvp. Consider moving as a long term investment that you won't get buttraped by ppl from another faction.

However, if the objective is to avoid some world pvp bullying. I don't think moving to another pvp server will achieve your objective. Why? there are CRZ bla2 that I don't really understand but basically you meet with another dude from other server. So even if you move to a 90% horde population PvP you will still got ganked from time to time although logically they should be less in numbers. But since you suck at pvp anyway, most likely you will still get buttraped.

However there is one bonus objective you can get from here, instead of being bullied you can bully other people now. Oh, btw the new tol barad/wintergrasp in WoD also will be cross realm something.

I heard/saw some ppl said, I want to move but i got 10+ alts here. Do you seriously want to bring all of your alts, that you rarely played or only used as bank Shocked ? I'm pretty sure you don't even put the keybindings or don't understand the class mechanic at all.

Last edited by Jason Leung on Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 8:16; edited 1 time in total
HolyYo 
ImpImp

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克,红龙军团
Name: Varimathas, Vaze, 老外先生
Guild:

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2013 - 7:04  #
Quote :
So even if you move to a 90% horde population PvP you will still got ganked from time to time although logically they should be less in numbers. But since you suck at pvp anyway, most likely you will still get buttraped.
and
Quote :
Do you seriously want to bring all of your alts, that you rarely played or only used as bank Shocked ? I'm pretty sure you don't even put the keybindings or don't understand the class mechanic at all.
Totally agree.

Joking aside, off topic @Jason your profile pic, is that the one with Justin Beiber being carried on the great wall?Very Happy
Jason Leung 
HarpyHarpy
Jason Leung

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2013 - 8:15  #
HolyYo wrote:

Joking aside, off topic @Jason your profile pic, is that the one with Justin Beiber being carried on the great wall?Very Happy
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad , BLASPHEMY did you just write his name wrong ? Its Justin fucking Bieber sir, not Beiber Sad((
wall wall wall wall wall wall wall

Its a picture of the great bieber in the great wall, carried by his henchman/slave.
Warmaster_Blackhorn 
Warmaster_Blackhorn

Character in WOW

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2013 - 8:28  #
Added to all this stuff is the fact that connected realms are now happening in China, so regardless of where you go, there will likely be a roughly equal (and hopefully balanced) population.

HolyYo wrote:

Discussing the server change is a tricky thing, and would most defintely need not only the majority of the guilds approval but also minding each players opinion as well(time invested on all ur toons, transferring toons aint free, sentimental values?Very Happy ).
I totally agree on this one. I honestly don't think there is any way of solving this issue without splitting up the guild onto two different servers. As Jason mentioned, almost everything can be done cross-realm now, so its not really a huge issue anymore if we're not all grouped up in the same place except for convenience of communications.

JasonLeung wrote:

In my opinion you guys are too hasty and never really have an open discussion or something like that. Even when black propose to have a discussion there are only a few ppl in YY and only tora and some guy actually stating reasonable reason as why you want to stay/move.
The only reason I even brought up the issue of moving was because some people had already quit our guild due to the difficulty of doing anything on Timeless Isle when you're not really well geared. As to whether this is "hasty", you'll note that its been about 3 weeks since the issue was first raised, yet we're still discussing things? Honestly, I doubt that most people really care about the possible move and will either just stay behind or follow the crowd.

HolyYo wrote:

I would like to "suggest" a "PVP horde dominated“ based server, which would more likely appeal to most players that wants to change servers, hates getting ganked but likes to pvp as well.
I prefer this option if the whole guild moves and, in fact, its the only option that we would have if it was a full move. The PVE server is really only feasible for a sister/branch guild where the ones who really want to move can gather so we don't split into dozens of guilds instead of one. (Kudos to Spooky for the idea).

Anyway, the fact that there are already quite a few people voting for "I really don't want to move" and "I really want to move", which basically leaves the establishment of a sister guild the only viable option. If playing on Alterac is destroying your fun, then moving away is the way to go and certainly better than quitting the game entirely. I'm going to leave the poll up until early next week just to get an idea of numbers. As its looking, there will likely be some people moving on and people staying. At the very least, lets ensure that those moving on have a good place to go where they can still be a part of the community. We can still play cross-realm together for almost everything in the game.
Mican 
RaptorRaptor

Character in WOW
Server: 亚蕾戈斯
Name: Tora, Reiza
Guild: TCW

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2013 - 9:17  #
Now that I think about it, since you can group up for normals and heroics for WoD, a "sister guild" does seem rather feasible. Which in case, the next step would just be to find a PvE server with a healthy Horde population. This step might prove to be difficult. For instance, 亚雷戈斯, the server you mentioned before, has essentially the same population as Alterac's Horde.

http://wow.db.17173.com/achievement/cn-server-%E4%BA%9A%E9%9B%B7%E6%88%88%E6%96%AF.html

http://wow.db.17173.com/achievement/cn-server-%E5%A5%A5%E7%89%B9%E5%85%B0%E5%85%8B.html
CWBush83 
CritterCritter

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2013 - 10:33  #
I'm relatively new, so my vote may not carry much weight, but I specifically re-rolled on this server because of the guild.

Now, I loathe being ganked and generally prefer PvE servers, so I'm open to either move. What I'd probably do is keep a character or two active here, and move a favoured toon to the PvE server if need be. In that case, sister guilds sounds like the best move IMHO.
Jason Leung 
HarpyHarpy
Jason Leung

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Nov 2013 - 18:29  #
Mican wrote:
Now that I think about it, since you can group up for normals and heroics for WoD, a "sister guild" does seem rather feasible. Which in case, the next step would just be to find a PvE server with a healthy Horde population. This step might prove to be difficult. For instance, 亚雷戈斯, the server you mentioned before, has essentially the same population as Alterac's Horde.

http://wow.db.17173.com/achievement/cn-server-%E4%BA%9A%E9%9B%B7%E6%88%88%E6%96%AF.html

http://wow.db.17173.com/achievement/cn-server-%E5%A5%A5%E7%89%B9%E5%85%B0%E5%85%8B.html
Seems this website provide a more accurate data than mine :/ there goes my tabard. Btw holyo your lack of respect and awe for the great bieber is disturbing.
Hidi1810 
ImpImp
Hidi1810

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Server: ALTERAC MOUNTAINS 奥特兰克, CN 1. PVP
Name: Andorc

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2013 - 19:25  #
i voted +1 for stay
Hermann 
RaptorRaptor
Hermann

Male Age : 48

Character in WOW
Server: Alterac, Emercris
Name: Evilyn, Deatheater, Cutuopen, Xena, Hermann, Antipala, Gebirgsjager
Guild: Crazies

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeSat 30 Nov 2013 - 7:27  #
Hi Guys,

although I will be not as freq as I used to be, I will also +1 for stay

Hermann
(Evilyn)
Verilus 
FelhoundFelhound
Verilus

Male Age : 35

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 奥特兰克 - PVP
Name: Gigatab/Tabasco

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Dec 2013 - 20:31  #
I'm definitely not as active as I used to be but moving to a horde friendly pvp server would benefit the guild 100%.

Yes it's going to cost money to move our characters but it'll be worth it in the long run if we don't get ganked everytime we take a step out of the city. It'll also give the guild a chance to start fresh and clear out all the obsolete toons XD

+1 for moving. but will go with majority decision.

-Tab
Warmaster_Blackhorn 
Warmaster_Blackhorn

Character in WOW

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeMon 2 Dec 2013 - 7:01  #
Staying or moving?

Mostly staying...Now that almost a week has passed since the poll was put online, it seems pretty clear that a majority of people would prefer to stay with a decent number choosing I really want to stay. However, given that there are also quite a few who really want to change server, so I guess the establishment of a sister guild may be a worthy idea.

Establishing a sister guild

For a sister guild, we would need a Horde guild, probably on a PVE server. This would give those who don't want to PVP a chance to avoid it, but would still allow everyone to pulled into a group on either a PVE or PVP server for cross-realm activities. A list of possible cross-realm activities is below:

Mists of Pandaria
*All raids except SoO Normal/Heroic
*Flex raids
*LFR
*Scenarios
*Dungeons
*Rated Battlegrounds
*Arena
*Questing
*Rep grinding
*Random activities

Warlords of Draenor (tentative)
*Everything except Mythic raiding

Choosing a server
For a choice of server, the most obvious option is CN5's Arygos/5区-亚雷戈斯 (link to server population data thanks to Tora). It's a PVE server with the same horde population as Alterac Mountains, has a 75% Horde bias, and the world chat channel is easily as busy as the Alterac version, so finding pugs and groups should be easy.

I'm also open to suggestions for other possible servers for the move. At the very least, I hope that those people who have already moved on will be able to find a place to congregate and enjoy playing with plenty of other foreigners.

Next steps
If you're interested in moving to a PVE server, please PM me here on the forums, send me a message in game, or tell me through our wechat group and I'll give you the details so we can set up a guild on another server. It may also be worth adding people to your friends list through their RealID so if you do move on, then we can keep in contact.
Jason Leung 
HarpyHarpy
Jason Leung

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeMon 2 Dec 2013 - 11:32  #
Warmaster_Blackhorn wrote:

Choosing a server
For a choice of server, the most obvious option is CN5's Arygos/5区-亚雷戈斯 (link to server population data thanks to Tora). It's a PVE server with the same horde population as Alterac Mountains, has a 75% Horde bias, and the world chat channel is easily as busy as the Alterac version, so finding pugs and groups should be easy.

I'm also open to suggestions for other possible servers for the move. At the very least, I hope that those people who have already moved on will be able to find a place to congregate and enjoy playing with plenty of other foreigners.
RAF time Cool

Btw, since my char on that new server will need gold I will provide RAF service for 4 time cards, limited offer since I won't do it when I have enough gold to gear up. Anyone interested please PM me, thanks.

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild Tabard10

Look at my awesome tabard design Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild Smiley-3
Gruumsh44 
WyrmWyrm
Gruumsh44

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: region 4 澳得兰克
Name: Gruumsh
Guild: Crazy WaiGuoRens

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Dec 2013 - 17:49  #
Well, time to weigh. I am all for the creation of a sister guild. Obviously ,i will not be moving (not active enough unfortunately to even consider paying more to move.) If it is for the betterment of player activity and comfort, i am for it. When TCW had its revival before Lich King the server was very well balanced, still a little alliance heavy but much closer to equal levels. If a sister guild can still play with players cross server then i see very few draw backs to the main aspects of gameplay these players want to enjoy.
Of Course i am sad to see this server/realm become the way it is... and that it has driven some to not enjoy the game. i hope those that create this move even with Alts or a main with alts left here find the freedom from ganks they seek.
Sponsored content 

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild I_icon_minitime  #

Guild Server Change Poll / Sister guild

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Communities by area :: Shanghai 上海 CN1, CN5 / Guangdong CN10 :: The Crazy Waiguorens - Horde Guild - CN1 奥特兰克 (Alterac) :: General -
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com