Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
LePanda 
SuccubusSuccubus
LePanda

Male Age : 42

Character in WOW
Server: Beijing 2 - 主宰之剑
Name: Amore
Guild:

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind? _
  Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind? I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2007 - 6:29  #
Does the 70lvl PvP set worth it? I mean compared to the stuff you could "easily" get with some casual PvE playing at the lvl70 ?
I know it's killing everything I've seen till now, but it's still just some blue lvl70 equipment...

What do you think? PvP grinding, or gold/PvE with the few that are still doing it ...

... Hum... I may have put this in the wrong thread... nevermind... tongue

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind? I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2007 - 6:42  #
nevermind. 50% of my posts are in wrong threads. thats how conversations flow...

about the 70 BG PVP set (blue). it is rather helpful (depending on the classes) if you intend to pvp. The resilience values of the 70 BG PVP set are quite high, and if you plan on going seriously into some Arena PVP, it will help you survive, in order to get those sweeeeeeeet Arena PVP gear items.

Point is that certain classes need resilience more than others.
Despite what some people tell me, i WONT farm for it with my main (Naklin, Mage), even though i plan to do serious arena with Nak, besides raiding.
Fact remains, that in my mind, i am a mage and i have toilet paper for armor. IF rogues or other classes get close enough to me to hit me or surprise me, then i should be dead either way.
Glass Cannons, thats what we are. and the set is still ugly as hell.

For my hunter,.... i'd like some resilience for sure. but i think i can also do correctly without needing to farm for the 70 set right now.
on the other hand, can't do anything else... T_T. sad.

last night i wandered through azeroth, and basically all maps where empty. noone outside. The9 should Finally open the bloody gate.

Hope to see some of you soon again to do some instance runs. and be it simply to train for TBC (outlands), and to get used to our respective playstyles. it helps having done instances with people, in order to feel more at ease with each others playstyle and for better understanding, for when the gates open and we start running the real new instances, so we have good established group combinations which know how to play together.

So, Max, Kaori, Kage, etc .... get to 60 this week. i will continue to run you through instances as much as i can with either Nak or Bedo or both.

until then......
wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab wsg ab
Taim 
HarpyHarpy

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind? I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2007 - 7:06  #
Nak you are making a mistake...in arena it is not hitting hard that is important but surviving.
Hitting at 2000 instead of 1600 is not important. but having 4000 more HP and some resilience is.

That and you will have other things than armor to buy for Arena. the arena weapons are the best until black temple, but that is already a few month of budget.
maximus 
RaptorRaptor

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind? I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2007 - 8:33  #
I agree with you Taim - the survivability factor in team PVP especially for first-targetted's like clothies is extremely important. Oddly enough it's more about +DPS for the already-resiliant plate and chain classes, and actually most imporant for clothies to bump HP/Resiliance/resists to a max as we're going to be the first to be macked upon by the heavy hitters on the opposing team. It's like Superman says, "the son becomes the father and the father becomes the sun" or whatever.. well - the DPS becomes the Tank - the Tank becomes the DPS!
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind? I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2007 - 8:49  #
oddly enough, you are the only two people suggesting me i should tank on resilience.

+STA i find very well in other items, taim. and yes, i know survivability is most important. mind you i am frost, i have my reasons for it.
still, i dont think the 70 BG gear is going to give me (mind your own words) 4000 HP more than the crafted gear and until then farmed pieces on other slots. Abosfuckinglutely not.
resilience factor? yes, some. again, i say it. mages fucking DIE. and they die FAST!
i have been (because of your posts) checking vids of BG geared and ungeared mages online in APvP. they die at the same pace and survive by skill and using terrain in favour and abilities.

ah, well..... the day will come, we will all see....
i can see it working better for a lock, yes. you guys WILL have MASSIVE HP for clothies, and in that case, resilience helps a LOT. but mages will have LESS HP then you guys, and we will got wiped off the map WITH or WITHOUT resilience, if anything gets cloe enough to us.
and i won't play 90 hours BG or BOT them (like others) for that resilience (which, mind again, i can also find some resilience in other gear. simply a bit less.... but its not like i would go naked into Arena....).
Taim 
HarpyHarpy

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind? I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2007 - 11:02  #
You have made up your mind (and you have the right to it, as I'm surely not going to teach you how to play a mage...), but for the heck of it:

*the difference in HP between Warlock and other clothies and been greatly reduced after TBC, warlock do still have more HP than others clothies, just much much less than before.

*Outside of PVP or Arena Items there are what? 2-3 good items with resilience?

*Now, 4000Hp was more a figure of speech than calculated numbers, but the difference in HP will be big.
I pretty sure you will go spell strike / frozen shadow weave for tailoring (I know I am), it is a goods set. However I am also pretty sure you will not equip it with reseilience or Stam gem. But with +hit / +crit /+dmg /+haste. Which also makes a lot of sense for PVE.
Now look at the PVP gear and get the proper enchants /gem for it, you will see the difference in HP growing pretty fast, sure it's not 4000HP, but it's conscequent enough to let the healer fill that up before you get killed.
maximus 
RaptorRaptor

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind? I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2007 - 11:23  #
You're not far off Taim.

http://www.thottbot.com/?set=710

Mage: 246 sta for the Merciless Gladiator set (arena) and 130(+30bonus) resilience. How much sta/resil is on crafted PVE gear like..say..Spellfire? Oh, ZERO>Very Happy

I'm sorry.
Taim 
HarpyHarpy

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind? I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2007 - 11:27  #
Yes and no, the Arena season one set does have a little higher Stam than the level 70 BG gear.

However the difference is still more than consequent.
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind? I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2007 - 5:15  #
ture, ture, and again true. all true.
i am not even saying there is a right or wrong here.
i WILL have +sta, and CRAFTED gear, trust me, i might have 2 sets. you know i am sick enough, and i know it. just for different gem config.

point for me being: I WILL go for heavy sta, but i won't (least not for now) grind for the 70 BG gear, least not for now.
i could, maybe.... but its a pain, and not everybody bots. so basically, its a pain, even with the megagrinding going on these days.

i guess tbc won't be on this week either, so i "should" have the time to grind for the honor points, sure, but i enjoy BEDO a lot, lately, and Nak... well, i tried full deep fire build, and it REALLY hurts. but i gotta drink like a bitch and the DMG is not really consistent, as in i can't foresee how many casts i need to kill something / someone. But it's amazing, nonetheless.... i have some screens where i do insanely more dmg than anyone else in BGs.
Arcane / frost is missing points at 60, so DMG doesn't become really viable, IMHO. I will wait for higher level to try that one out.
so i will stick to deep frost for the time being.

that said, i WILL farm for heavy STA gear, and i am not sure i will take BG gear. it might make life in arenas "easier" but then again, it all depends heavily on the team, as well.
Taim 
HarpyHarpy

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind? I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2007 - 9:59  #
Thanks for making this into a thread, as I think it's a valuable topic.

By the time we reach 70 and have some points to spend, I would suspect we are in season 3 or 4. Meaning better loot from Arena gear and better loot for the epic lvl 70 items (senior sergent currently or something like that).

The lvl 60 honor grind can help you a lot by giving you access to pieces of armor that do not overlap the arena gear. (senior sergent gear or whatever it is called). Those are bracers, amulets, rings and so on, they have very goods stats and will most likely be usefull for PVE also (at the beginning anyway).

Those items will be replaced by better gear by the time we are lvl70. those items seem to get better with each seasons like arena gear.

The Lvl 70 blue battleground does not seem to be getting any upgrade but is occupying slots used by Arena armor. This armor is becoming comparativly worse as each season passes.

So knowing all this you have multiples choices:

*grind nothing now and wait to be level 70 to get the most recent stuff.

*grind now and get all blue battleground gear and Epics (you better like PVP a lot).

*Grind to get the blue battleground gear. Doing this you can save on the Arena points to be spent on armor.

*Grind to get the epic lvl70 battleground gear. Will complement very well with the Arena armor.

*grind now, save your points (up to 70,000), and spend them once you are ready to pvp. This is probably the smartest thing to do.
Sponsored content 

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind? I_icon_minitime  #

Level 70 Battleground Gear - is it worth the grind?

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: WoW ingame talk :: Classes -
Free forum | Video games | Roleplay Games (MMORPG, WOW...) | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com