Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Facebook Group for WoW China players

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AlpzStrike 
RaptorRaptor
AlpzStrike

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 诺莫瑞根
Name: Wezli
Guild: Thai Style

Facebook Group for WoW China players _
  Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2007 - 16:12  #
Hey guys, i've created a group on Facebook for WoW China players, so if anyone would like to join in the fun, you're free to come in anytime.
Its called : "World of Warcraft - China"

(ps. could i link to this website please, it seems like a really good idea because we have alot of foreign players here)
Globuline 
Timmy The CruelTimmy The Cruel
Globuline

Female Age : 38

Character in WOW
Server: maduolan-马多兰
Name: Globuline
Guild: Cow Eaters

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2007 - 20:42  #
excellent Idea! I'm on Facebook! I'll add myself.

what do you mean by "link to this website" ? You want a main link of the facebook group to the forum? or viceversa? (the viceversa is done on the group page).

Any info or help, I'm here!!!
AlpzStrike 
RaptorRaptor
AlpzStrike

Character in WOW

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2007 - 9:57  #
oh haha i meant a link from the facebook group to this website, but i guess you've posted that already. ^^
I do hope we get more people in, spread the word haha
Globuline 
Globuline

Character in WOW

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2007 - 10:44  #
btw, who are you on Facebook??
AlpzStrike 
RaptorRaptor
AlpzStrike

Character in WOW

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2007 - 14:02  #
I'm the creator of the World of Warcraft - China group!
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Male Age : 37

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP)
Name: Avanti
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 11:53  #
How you guys go on facebook from china
the website is blocked for me Sad
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 12:24  #
It's blocked in China, but there is allways a way arround to get access. I use TOR to have access to Facebook and other websites, which are normaly blocked in China.
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Male Age : 37

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP)
Name: Avanti
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 13:41  #
TOR?
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 9:11  #
taken from wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)

The Onion Router (Tor) is a free software implementation of second-generation onion routing enabling Internet anonymity by thwarting network traffic analysis. Roger Dingledine, Nick Mathewson, and Paul Syverson presented "Tor: The Second-Generation Onion Router" at the 13th USENIX Security Symposium on Friday, August 13, 2004.[5]

Tor employs cryptography in a multi-layered manner (hence the Onion routing analogy), ensuring perfect forward secrecy between routers.[citation needed] A user of the Tor network runs a proxy server on his computer. Internet-facing software can then access Tor through a SOCKS interface. Once inside a Tor network, the traffic is sent from router to router, the Tor software periodically negotiating a virtual circuit through the Tor network, ultimately reaching an exit node at which point the cleartext packet is forwarded on to its original destination. Viewed from the destination, the traffic appears to originate at the Tor exit node.

Tor cannot and does not attempt to protect against monitoring of traffic at the boundaries of the Tor network, i.e., the traffic entering and exiting the network.[6] The United States government, for example, has the capability to monitor any broadband Internet traffic using devices mandated by the Communications Assistance For Law Enforcement Act (CALEA) and can therefore legally monitor either (or both) end of a Tor connection if it originates or terminates in the US. While Tor does provide protection against traffic analysis, it cannot prevent traffic confirmation (also called end-to-end correlation).[6]

Originally sponsored by the US Naval Research Laboratory, Tor became an Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) project in late 2004 and the EFF supported Tor financially until November 2005.[7] Tor software is now developed by the Tor Project, which since December 2006 is a 501(c)(3) research/education non-profit organization based in the United States of America that receives a diverse base of financial support.[
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeThu 2 Dec 2010 - 17:14  #
The Facebook group is nowhere as useful as our beloved forum! RITE GAIZ?
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeThu 2 Dec 2010 - 20:21  #
Urubaen wrote:

Maybe because Facebook is blocked in China.
But it is still a good idea to promote our community to foreigneres and locals in China.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2010 - 14:29  #
Muhan wrote:
Urubaen wrote:

Maybe because Facebook is blocked in China.
But it is still a good idea to promote our community to foreigneres and locals in China.

Indeed ! Wink How about someone make an advertisement on Shanghai expats or something? Razz
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec 2010 - 21:39  #
Hei all.... there have been plenty of posts about this page on shanghai expats. Chinasmack and even european pages like wow head long time ago. How come after almost 8years if you google Chinese wow in English this page is always under the top 10 (normally 1 according to the search engine), personally I dunno but I think it's pretty cool.
Also I like the fact what glob and others somehow have achieved by just making a Internet page and not using dumb facebook ( yeah I also use it blame me) and still get so many hits on the Internet.
Globuline 
Globuline

Character in WOW

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeWed 8 Dec 2010 - 2:29  #
Quote :
How come after almost 8years if you google Chinese wow in English this page is always under the top 10 (normally 1 according to the search engine), personally I dunno but I think it's pretty cool.

I know!! I never bought any keywords for that. I guess we generate so much traffic that we deserve to be on top on google results What a Face .

Quote :

Also I like the fact what glob and others somehow have achieved by just making a Internet page and not using dumb facebook ( yeah I also use it blame me) and still get so many hits on the Internet.
The facebook page is mostly a link to arrive here. I'm not really found of FB either (and yeah I use it too ><') but hey, some free marketing doesn't hurt.....
Kadava 
MurlocMurloc
Kadava

Male Age : 42

Character in WOW
Server: 主宰之剑
Name: 暗害
Guild: Shadow Ravenz

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011 - 21:44  #

Why you guys using TOR when Freegate us much much better and is fast, very fast! also doesnt have advertisments when your browsing the web. It often updates too so that China gets behind on finding them and blocking there servers.
Sponsored content 

Facebook Group for WoW China players I_icon_minitime  #

Facebook Group for WoW China players

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Create a forum on Forumotion | Video games | Roleplay Games (MMORPG, WOW...) | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com