Getting Started
Official links and tools
PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 
 

 WoW Taiwan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
zakano 
ImpImp

Posts : 15
Joined : 2007-12-02

  Sun 2 Dec 2007 - 18:26  #
I find the idea of playing WoW locally very appealing. I play on Thrall US server and my pings are about 500-1000ms. It makes my shaman hard to play and my rogue very frustrating.

I live in Taiwan, but when I pinged the Chinese server, the last server hop was about 300ms, so I would probably get more than that in game. Therefore I would like to ask if playing my English WoW would be possible on a Taiwan server.

I played Taiwan WoW on an EBay character, but i hated the fact that I could not quest. I was level 60, and PvPed a lot, but when BC came out I had to quit. I would gladly level up to 70 again with a fresh rogue and shaman if I could do it on a local server in English, and with fellow expats.

How do I go about doing that here in Taiwan?
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian

Posts : 1032
Joined : 2006-12-03
Male Age : 38
Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

  Tue 4 Dec 2007 - 2:19  #
same than in china.
have wow patched to same version as taiwanese client, get a cd-key / account in taiwan, log on, play.
(might want to download my fonts file. link in other post. and change your unicode locale if you even wish to type chinese. but thats optional).

enjoy

_________________

Come and join on Starcraft 2 as well =]
zakano 
ImpImp

Posts : 15
Joined : 2007-12-02

  Tue 4 Dec 2007 - 18:50  #
Does the CD Key have to be Taiwanese? I have a US copy of WOW and BC. I installed it so long ago that I can't ever recall it asking for a CD Key. IS the CD Key for the account or software? Also, am I correct in assuming that the version I install will be WoW 2.0, BC?
Demonel 
RaptorRaptor

Posts : 74
Joined : 2007-09-16
Male
Character in WOW
Server: 暗影之月
Name:
Guild:

  Sat 8 Dec 2007 - 8:44  #
hope this thread helps you

http://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/want-to-join-us-want-us-to-join-you-any-request-f5/first-post-anyone-on-tw-realms-t512.htm

TWoW do not required any cdkey, all you need to do is register an new account, yeah that it.

since you already have enUS WoW installed in your pc so all you need just change the REALMLIST file (inside your WoW folder). this will enable you to play TWoW with your english client. Search this forum for a thread for downloading a filename FONTS which allows you to read and see chinese characters (almost everything other than your interface, quest / etc)

cheers and have fun
zakano 
ImpImp

Posts : 15
Joined : 2007-12-02

  Sat 8 Dec 2007 - 20:46  #
I did all that was said, and I am now playing Taiwan WOW in English! I managed to salvage the password for my 60 rogue, and get the account running (still had about 50 hours of playtime on it)! I am now playing with wonderful ping of about 50-150, and I can't wait to start getting my PvP started. Hate raiding after doing Hyjal and BT. It burned me out. PvP is where its at. Shame I rolled on a PvE server. Would really like to buy a PvP Shaman and Rogue with decent gear. Don't know where to look though.
Demonel 
RaptorRaptor

Posts : 74
Joined : 2007-09-16
Male
Character in WOW
Server: 暗影之月
Name:
Guild:

  Sun 9 Dec 2007 - 6:42  #
great to hear that!!!

btw what do you mean by managed to salvage a 60 Rog?
curious me...meaning you transfer your US toon to TW??
i don't think that can be done so.


zakano wrote:
I did all that was said, and I am now playing Taiwan WOW in English! I managed to salvage the password for my 60 rogue, and get the account running (still had about 50 hours of playtime on it)! I am now playing with wonderful ping of about 50-150, and I can't wait to start getting my PvP started. Hate raiding after doing Hyjal and BT. It burned me out. PvP is where its at. Shame I rolled on a PvE server. Would really like to buy a PvP Shaman and Rogue with decent gear. Don't know where to look though.
zakano 
ImpImp

Posts : 15
Joined : 2007-12-02

  Mon 10 Dec 2007 - 3:39  #
leroysg wrote:
great to hear that!!!

btw what do you mean by managed to salvage a 60 Rog?
curious me...meaning you transfer your US toon to TW??
i don't think that can be done so.


zakano wrote:
I did all that was said, and I am now playing Taiwan WOW in English! I managed to salvage the password for my 60 rogue, and get the account running (still had about 50 hours of playtime on it)! I am now playing with wonderful ping of about 50-150, and I can't wait to start getting my PvP started. Hate raiding after doing Hyjal and BT. It burned me out. PvP is where its at. Shame I rolled on a PvE server. Would really like to buy a PvP Shaman and Rogue with decent gear. Don't know where to look though.


I had a 60 rogue that I levelled to 60 with my friend (I bought it at 50) who could speak and read chinese. He quit, leaving me without a levelling partner. Now I have many levelling partners already. The chinese people here are so nice, and because I have done BT and Hyjal already, they really want my input and can trust me not to mess things up when I get keyed.
Plastic Rat 
CorpseCorpse

Posts : 6
Joined : 2007-12-24

  Mon 24 Dec 2007 - 13:13  #
Hi all, new player here on the Taiwan side. I played on the US servers for quite a while and then dropped the game. (Got sick of the annoying kiddies and generally lousy behavior)

Decided to give it a try again on the TW servers. Playing in English with my wife and another friend. Might have a few more friends join us. The low latency is awesome and it's so much cheaper than paying for a US account. Plus I can grab a card at the 7-11 anytime instead of having to use my credit card.

Anyway, if you play on the TW servers let me know, I'll check the name of the server we're on and post it here later.
zakano 
ImpImp

Posts : 15
Joined : 2007-12-02

  Tue 25 Dec 2007 - 17:50  #
Plastic Rat wrote:
Hi all, new player here on the Taiwan side. I played on the US servers for quite a while and then dropped the game. (Got sick of the annoying kiddies and generally lousy behavior)

Decided to give it a try again on the TW servers. Playing in English with my wife and another friend. Might have a few more friends join us. The low latency is awesome and it's so much cheaper than paying for a US account. Plus I can grab a card at the 7-11 anytime instead of having to use my credit card.

Anyway, if you play on the TW servers let me know, I'll check the name of the server we're on and post it here later.

My character is an Orc Rogue called Fade. He's the only Orc rogue with that name. Not surprising... Chat to me in game and I can help you out levelling once my Engineering is 350 (Deathblow Goggles) and Mining is 375.

Couple of things you should know. Don't PvP during the daytime even if you love PvP. Most hordies online at that time are BE rerolls. They do idiotic things and we never win. That's not a blanket statement about BE's btw. Good PvPers are at home in the evening after work and university it seems, although for some reason, we never win in WSG, and mostly dominate AV in the evening.

Also, most Taiwanese roll Alliance, so you will see more activity alliance side, especially PvE wise.
Plastic Rat 
CorpseCorpse

Posts : 6
Joined : 2007-12-24

  Wed 26 Dec 2007 - 5:29  #
Heya, thanks for the reply. Not really looking for help or anything, just more people to play with who play regularly.

We currently play on the: 巴納札爾 server. (Character: Gorten - Alliance)

I played for long enough on a PvP server on the US side and I'm not subjecting myself to that again. There's something about the ability to grief other people that attracts idiots in droves.

I might hop into the battlegrounds at some point, but it's not high on my priority. Just having fun with the game and friends right now.
shoyamato 
CorpseCorpse

Posts : 5
Joined : 2007-12-25

Character in WOW
Server: i cant type chinese, its pvp server with 2 character words
Name: Ragnar
Guild:

  Sun 30 Dec 2007 - 17:19  #
i need help. im using the us version of wow and playing the taiwan server. but i cant seem to get the LFG button to work. no dungeons to look for.
also .. is there an english chat channel i can find friends to group with that speaks english lol
Sponsored content 


  Today at 5:52  #
 

WoW Taiwan

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | Games | World of Warcraft | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion