Getting Started
Official links and tools
PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

This seems like a great resource, just a few questions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Xraygoggles 
CritterCritter

Sat 4 Oct 2008 - 5:03  #
Hello everyone,

I am an American student currently enrolled in an intense Chinese program. It is all we study for about 6 hours a day to get us proficient is around 60 weeks. I found this site while looking for information about playing WoW in Chinese to increase my character exposure and help with my reading and grammar. So I just have a few questions if you would be so kind...

1. Is this worth doing considering ping times?
2. The ways I have read on this forum say that I will need some kind of card. Is there a way to play without this? Or anyone in China who could help if I decide to do this.

If all that isn't too much of a problem so far, thanks a bunch.
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

Sat 4 Oct 2008 - 11:30  #
Hi there,

I can not tell you about the ping times from the USA but we have people playing from Europe so i guess for PFE it should be acceptable. You need a pre paid card which you can also buy online or u have to check to buy them in game. I could sell some later online for Gold ; )

We could find a way to get you a card number, if you would play constant.
Globuline 
Timmy The CruelTimmy The Cruel

Female Age : 31

Character in WOW
Server: maduolan-马多兰
Name: Globuline

Sat 4 Oct 2008 - 18:46  #
From France, the ping is around 600 and the hightest moments. It's really playable as long as your computer follows.

A frog's life sur facebook
Ze blog BD sans dessin
Xraygoggles 
CritterCritter

Sun 5 Oct 2008 - 3:11  #
Cool, thanks for the info. I couldn't promise how constant I would be able to play, I'm more into it to be combining my leisure and learning. That being the case I wouldn't want to put anybody out of their way to secure me a card, but if you have time I could use a link to a website where I could purchase one. Also, are the guides on this forum the best resource for connecting to a Chinese server in my situation? I could use a bundle of presorted links if anyone has the time. Is there a North American server that is primarily Chinese instead of having to change all these settings? I don't want to be a pest with lots of questions so I'll try to leave it at these for now. Thanks for the quick response! Cheers!
Globuline 
Timmy The CruelTimmy The Cruel

Female Age : 31

Character in WOW
Server: maduolan-马多兰
Name: Globuline

Sun 5 Oct 2008 - 11:44  #
Well, this forum is, as far as I know, the best English way to help you play on the Chinese servers. Chinese friends help too ^^.

All the links you need to read are the sticky and announcements in the general part, (how to get a card in China or online, how to sign up, reload, have the game in English....). Just look there, it's made to be the first thing you see (well at least I hope so) when you arrive here.

For the NA servers, got no idea, you should ask the Chinese gold farmers on your servers ^^.

Good luck!

A frog's life sur facebook
Ze blog BD sans dessin
Sponsored content 

Today at 22:52  #

This seems like a great resource, just a few questions.

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Create a forum on Forumotion