Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

TeamSpeak

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
GreenMoon 
RaptorRaptor
GreenMoon

Male Age : 61

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan
Name: GreenMoon
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2006 - 9:30  #
Do some of you in MaduoLan use Teamspeak?

How to install and configure it?
Djiguidjik 
HydraHydra
Djiguidjik

Male Age : 40

Character in WOW
Name: Madinina
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2006 - 11:54  #
I know teamspeak since I have been playing counter-strike for a verrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy long time (almost 10 years Twisted Evil ), but I have never used it....
But it seems quite simple, you can download it here :
http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads
(Linux, MAC and Windows)

To install it it's the regular process to install a program on your system...(windows -> double click on the .exe....MAC OS -> double click on the dmg ...)

I never used it so, I have searched some tutorials on the internet and I have found some which may help you:

http://gamesheaven.net/teamspeak_tutorial/ (Win)
http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=getstarted (Win)
http://www.infres.enst.fr/~zalila/assert/teamspeak.html (MAC)
http://www.hyper-gaming.com/pages.php?linkID=TeamSpeak/index.php (Linux)
http://forum.goteamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=1937 (Linux)

c ya afro
Djiguidjik 
HydraHydra
Djiguidjik

Character in WOW
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2006 - 11:56  #
By the way, if someone could post a home made tutorial that would be great too cheers clapclap chinese
GreenMoon 
RaptorRaptor
GreenMoon

Character in WOW
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2006 - 12:33  #
Thanks for the links,

I have already installed teamspeak but after installation I need to setup the program to a server so I will have a look on the web to see if I can find some information...I will keep you informed
pouetpou 

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2006 - 13:33  #
hi all, maybe it's more simple to use SKYPE.... no need an eavy instal, just lauch the .exe
i use to use it wirh Romain, (he have a very bad mic but the sound is quit well from france and all over the world)
i recomande to use SKYPE ! c ya in game!
Globuline 
Timmy The CruelTimmy The Cruel
Globuline

Female Age : 38

Character in WOW
Server: maduolan-马多兰
Name: Globuline
Guild: Cow Eaters

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2006 - 13:57  #
That's what I use too... skype is quite cool. And yeah romainh has a VERY bad quality micro!!!!!
I've tried to DL Teamspeak once, but i'ts far too complicated for me... I knew we would come to it someday. Dymé, you seem to know a little bit more about it.....HELP US!!!!!
Djiguidjik 
HydraHydra
Djiguidjik

Character in WOW
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2006 - 14:26  #
looool
I told you I don't really know teamspeak, it's just that when I went to some LAN Party or in a friend home who play counter or warcraft I see him use teamspeak Smile, but I never did myself lol;.... Embarassed

I know Skype and it's reaaaaaalllllllyyyy simple to use I agree, if you want to use skype no problem ^^, I am not a teamspeak addict!! but with skype you can talk with many many people in the same time?? I mean audio conversation with 5 or 6 people ???

I will continue to search how to use Teamspeak and let you know guys Smile!!
but right know I am at work so I can't fully search and the thing is that I just move in my newwwwwwwwwwwwww appartement !!!!!!!! (my really 1st 1st appartement !!!!! (Paying rent and furniture....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TeamSpeak Smiley-4 TeamSpeak Smiley-4 TeamSpeak Smiley-4 TeamSpeak Smiley-4 TeamSpeak Smiley-4 TeamSpeak Smiley-4 cheers cheers cheers cheers .................hum , so unfortunately for the moment I have no Internet in my home....so I don't know when I will be able to really initiate myself to teamspeak !!! :s

I'll let u know Wink

and if someone else have more free time and an Internet connection go ahead friend and explain teamspeak to us ^^

afro
pouetpou 

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2006 - 14:42  #
yes, i you can do conferance.
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2006 - 16:37  #
Its my opinion that everyone should test and choose for themself...
I like Skype for Phone Calls over long distance for free, but prefer Teamspeak on a LAN or for playing and talking at the same time(Use much less resources then Skype). Also you have the option for Teamspeak to devide the Server (up to 64people) into diffrent raids, groups including the free choice of the Streaming codec for optimisation. I used with my German Clan Teamspeak since 6 Years but mainly for Gaming(less resources ,less bandwith, choose codec) and for skype(long distance call, Video conference, very good voice Quality ) .

So it is your Weapon of choice, choose wisely! Or be dumb like me and take both Wink

Look at the links below for a complete Tutorial of Teamspeak 2.
http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=getstarted

Download
Teamspeak: ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/teamspeak.org/releases/ts2_client_rc2_2032.exe

Download teamspeak
Server Files:
ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/teamspeak.org/releases/ts2_server_rc2_20201.exe

P:S: If needed I can also write a tutorial for TS.
pouetpou 

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Dec 2006 - 18:35  #
yes i will donwnload it and try to instal it... You topic about how tp instal and use teamspeak should be welcomed, it seems greenmoon need help about it, and maybe others...
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Dec 2006 - 4:53  #
TEAMSPEAK
china: teamspeak servers (you need local ones for good ping, or voicechat becomes horrible) are NOT for free like in the rest of the world.
Thus, using TS becomes a payable issue. For the rest, TS is lightweight, non Bandwidth and non CPU consuming.

Personal Score: program: 10/10 , usage in china: 0/10

china: ping is acceptable (usage is free and servers are localized).
Usage is simple, but for all those people with weaker CPUs out there, it's a big load of software while playing WOW, having functionalities that are neither of benefit to gameplay, nor are they needed. Bandwidth usage is considerable and scales up with each single person joining a "conference call", as network packets are send via each peer (your PC will have concurrent connections to each peer in the conference call).

Personal Score: program: 6/10 (for wow), usage in china: 8/10

TEAMTOLK (no, it's not a typo, it's written with an "o")
china: localized community servers with extremely low latency (I ping them at <10ms). All servers are free.
Personally, I was skeptical before using "another" chinese Teamspeak "clone" (eg: UTalk). My guild "forced" me to use it though, even though i have kept shouting, kicking and screaming "TEAMSPEEEEEEEEEEEEAKKKKKK" for as long as i could. Funny thing happened: That software (even though in chinese) is amazingly GOOD!
Ping is low... VERY low, packets sent are very optimized, compression -> quality ratio is of skype standart, Network transmission is not via direct peer (ok, the NSA can listen to your conversations, but you are playing wow, for god's sake), but this makes the bandwidth used less than 1K/s.
Installation is simple, setup... honestly, none needed, but I can make a tutorial if anyone needs to get rid of the "bitching betty" in the background. Default settings are perfect, it all went smooth (that rarely happens on my XP64bit windows). CPU usage is <1% for me (not that i care, but i know my fellow guildmates with rather older PCs do).

Personal score:
Best out of these 3 if you are in china or play with china

www.teamtolk.cn
GreenMoon 
RaptorRaptor
GreenMoon

Character in WOW
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Dec 2006 - 5:19  #
I never used any of the 3 softs, so if we can get a good tutorial I'm ready to try ...

I just need something that you guys are using to be able to speak with you, so if Teamtolk can become our guild standard for me is great.
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Server: TW
Name: noobcake
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Dec 2006 - 7:31  #
tested teamtolk too. It's a very good software Smile
Krokro 
GolemGolem

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Biceps
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Dec 2006 - 12:54  #
Skype is much clearer (just like phone, which it is intended to replace actually) but the needs for ressources is huge for system as long as for bandwith.
For example, when I was in France, I could hold conference up to 5 ppl (connect 8/0.5Mbs). After it became really instable. Teamspeak, there is almost no limit (better for raid-oriented guilds) but the lack of quality is very few normally.
Djiguidjik 
HydraHydra
Djiguidjik

Character in WOW
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Dec 2006 - 15:51  #
I've never used teamspeak but I have seen some people using it, so I can tell you that the quality of the sound depends only on your microphone and of course your bandwith... A friend of mine in Paris was using teamspeak with a Wanadoo connection(For thoses who know...it's the equivalent of China telecom in France) and it was great. He could understand what others said and they understood him.
And that friend is only 17 years old so I don't think you need to pay to use it...Are you sure about that Naklin?? Because I know that none of his friends and him were paying for using Teamspeak

afro
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Character in WOW

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Dec 2006 - 17:44  #
Hei Naklin
Nice comments worship . I agree almost with you even I do not now Teamtolk (Copy Cuntry China,ha Smile ) but i will give it a try. Is it only Chinese or also in English availible???? I believe all off you are aware that there are already a huge amount of tools in the net another famous from Germany is Ventrilo (...hope i got the name rigth). One thing is only half right...TS is free and does not cost anything on public servers BUT if you have your own Server then you might have to pay the traffic for your Server... if needed.

But back to the topic. TeamSpeak Smiley-4 TeamSpeak Smiley-4

The
Teamspeak Easy Set up guide. affraid
I will keep it short just for everybodys testing purpose for details please ask. confused

1. Download and Install the Teamspeak RC2 Client
Teamspeak:
ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/teamspeak.org/releases/ts2_client_rc2_2032.exe

2. Install the software and start it.
3. First go to the `Settings` and then `Options`. Mark the "Direct Sound" if problems occur also it should be set to Wave.
If you want you can adjust the "Sound Buffer Size" i still use the middle setting and only switch if i have a 56K connection to the left. Next set the Input/Output Device and choose your Soundcard.

4. Then switch to `Other` and put in a Guest Nick. If you do not want you can also do it each time when you connect to a server;)
Then push `OK`.
4.1 Now go to `Settings` and `Sound Input/Output Settings`.
Here you can test and choose between PTT or Voice Activation,I prefer PTT. Choose the Codec you want to Test and just push `Activate Local Test Mode`and give it a try.

NOW WE ARE ALREADY FINISHED! Wink
clapclap In99% it was a success like this if not check if your mic is maybe deactivatet under Windows/Soundcard settings. If it still not works please reply and I will help.

5. If you want to test it go to the first tab `Connection` and choose Connect. You can choose if you input a Private Server Ip or connect to a Public Server with a huge amount for filtering and most are password free for connection but some Channels might be locked Sad

6. Remember the Public Server Name or IP and share it with someone......Have Fun.

If you like check this worship www.sk8-clan.de worship out it is my old Clan but no one is Active at the moment. We had also a teamspeak Server and the cost was acceptable for us as Fun Clan. I give it a try maybe it is still existing and i can open it to the public. I keep you updated.
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Dec 2006 - 19:01  #
your statement is right... TS is FREE... but public servers in china are NOT!!!!!!
so, either you install your own server (and thus the one with server has a little lag), or you PAY!
We raid about everyday, and trust me... my chinese guildmates DID try to scan the net like scoundrels for free TS servers.... have a listing of public free servers IN CHINA, please, feel free to post the address, otherwise, i am more than "half-right"
thx, nite...
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Character in WOW

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Dec 2006 - 13:31  #
Very Happy Razz Very Happy Okela you are more than "half-right". I did not try all Chinese Servers. But onre thing is clear the first Channel you enter on Chinese Public Servers is everytime free but PUBLIC. Honestly i never use Public ones I believe the purpose on Teamspeak is to have it also running parralel on your game server if you own one.

What about Teamtolk does it support English Language?
Krokro 
GolemGolem

Character in WOW
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Dec 2006 - 14:02  #
With my previous french connection, I operated the TS server for my ET clan by myself (no problem) but if you want to have it on an external server, you always have to pay for it, wherever you are, not only in China. The fact is, you are granted a free TS server when you take a larger pack including a Quakelike server (CS, UT ...).
Djiguidjik 
HydraHydra
Djiguidjik

Character in WOW
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Dec 2006 - 11:49  #
Thank you guys for all those precisions and thank you Stitch for your explanation on how to use and install TS, but can you post a tut with some screenshot too? to really describe and show the steps....I now, I ask a lot..lol, but if you want to, that would be great !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

as soon as I have a network connection at home I will try it....!

So, according to naklin you can't use TS freely in China?? but can't you connect to another server in TS, like you do in france for wow..? for instance you're in shanghai and you use TS but you're connecting on a french, or german or russian server which may be free???
is that possible??

afro
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Character in WOW

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Dec 2006 - 21:49  #
Right Dyme
Thats possible(There is a huge list of Public Servers from diffrent Cuntrys there will be some free Channels to talk!), But actually i can not tell much about performance I can only tell about my own and friends servers and then the performance was still good if you consider the low bandwith you use! Back to your question affraid yes if i get some time this weekend i will also make some screens and add them in a new tutorial.

Hey .......What about we open an additional Tutorial Channel. I believe due to the diffrent experiences, everyone has something to contribute. Actually i am looking for a standard HTML tutorial in SIMPLE words. angel

Hey Naklin
Try this Very Happy . TS Blood Piraté-China: First Channel Free and no kick up to 6 people(Tested with friends) IP: 222.73.20.3:10017
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Dec 2006 - 6:25  #
you will find random "public servers"
those are usually private servers where the TS operator ahs no idea yet how to set it up and no password has been set yet.
they are available for as long as the admin doesn't lock them down. yes, you can find those. just re-scan for a new one when that one goes down.
as for servers outside of china, :
Stitch: theperformance doesn't depend on the bandwidth used. I could be connected to a voice server using 30K / second and i wouldn't care, as long as the latency is good (ping). the latency (ping reply times) is what will determine the performance.
example: wow uses less than 1-2K/s as well, yet playing in USA / EU is horrible. it's the latency. not the bandwidth.
Djiguidjik 
HydraHydra
Djiguidjik

Character in WOW
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Dec 2006 - 13:56  #
I think you're right Naklin, it's the latency, not the bandwith, because, as you said, wow uses a very low amount of bandwith and it's still a little slow (700 ms ping) when we play from another country....even with a bloody 8Mbits ADSL connection Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

But I think we can try sometime with Teamspeak and other software, just to test in real conditions and we will decide after which one is th best??
Globuline 
Globuline

Character in WOW

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2007 - 12:52  #
I am trying to use teamtolk. It's quite easy to get an account but.... It's all in chinese. I don't really care but it's gonna be hard for some of us.
Plus, I couldn't manage to enter a new channel. And it seems to be more like a general chatroom than anything else.

Skype seems to be the solution but from one country to another the sound is disgusting and you can only have a 5 persons max conference.

How about ventrilo if TS isn't free in China? I got a tutorial here, and it seems quite easy to use. TT too, but the language is disturbing. Unless everything is explained with screenshots maybe?

Maybe sweetpois or another Chinese here could help us with TT?Rolling Eyes
Globuline 
Globuline

Character in WOW

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2007 - 13:15  #
PS: Skype is useful anyway, so I have created a skype account special for wow. Look for globulinewow.
And don't be surprised if I invite you when I know your skype account (just refuse if you don't want to).
Krokro 
GolemGolem

Character in WOW
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2007 - 13:26  #
Skype is the best for 2 people or small conference but its ressource need prevent from using it for gaming purpose. Sure we still can use it but if we want to have every one of the guild joining a conference, its impossible through skype.
Globuline 
Globuline

Character in WOW

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2007 - 13:39  #
I know but we need to find another software then. I'll try ventrilo but I think the server has to be created from china if you want a good quality.
Malkavia 
CorpseCorpse

Male Location : Dalian, Liaoning

Character in WOW
Server: The Cow Server!!
Name: Samirah
Guild:

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2007 - 20:20  #
My Guild in Shadowbane use Ventrillo.... on a US server.... and there is no lag and sound ql is just perfect (even better than skype at times) and you can have multiple sub channels.... what I am unsure of tho is if they are paying for it... But setup is easy as scratching your bum. (Even if its free its not gonna be an option right now untill they fix the cabels to the US)

But Teamtolk sounds intresting IF you can make a Guild channel and not be stuck in public.... and the Chinese part shouldnt be a problem with one of the nice kind of tuts you all make here. Smile
Sponsored content 

TeamSpeak _
  TeamSpeak I_icon_minitime  #

TeamSpeak

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Technical support -
Free forum | Video games | Roleplay Games (MMORPG, WOW...) | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com