Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:
Name: Overpowered
Guild: Foreign Shards

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed _
  Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009 - 1:56  #
Netease finally updated it's transitional website today with the annoucement that even though the hardware has been installed that WoW is complex and requires analysis AKA don't expect it up anytime soon.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009 - 5:22  #
LOL. You have to read between the lines. Please allow me to translate.

Erm, erm, hello guys ^^' how are you? Starting to be hot outside huh? Hahaha that's good fun yeah. Any girlfriend huuuuuuh????? hahaha jockin guys jockin. so..(long silence)

Ah yeah about Wow. GOOD NEWS!!! WE HAVE INSTALLED THE HARDWARE YEAAAAAH!!! That was about the time I *know*, we *knew* we would be the new provider for while well, but, you know need to install some tables etc, the other guy broke his legs(we dont know what we're doing), and this one is freshly divorced not in the mood(still not getting the license to run the game), you know you know how it is.

Well so now we gonna start some Analysis need to test, Aaaa CRAP the responsible of testing just broke his 2hands...damn....

Ok guys see you in two weeks for the next update on transitional website. Oh and please don't go on wow Taiwan, you can already buy our cards and for wotlk no worries we are doing our best. See ya
pogi420 
CorpseCorpse
pogi420

Male Age : 35

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 16:49  #
uhhh god, Netease just wants attention dont they

whores.
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 18:22  #
Actually I read a funny news story today that basically what happened is that when Netease was all ready and prepped ot turn on its servers, they didn't. Which is the "anaylsis" that is being undertaken.
Uberpwnerer 
Blind DragonBlind Dragon
Uberpwnerer

Male Location : Beijing

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009 - 22:20  #
what are we gonna do when wrath actually comes out?

is it gonna be available for download or anything? is everyone gonna have to go through some crazy patching phase?
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 0:08  #
Hmmm? It's most likely going to be the standard download and then patch up to date scenario but WOTLK hasn't been approved and isn't coming anytime soon.
bcastleberg 
SuccubusSuccubus
bcastleberg

Male Age : 45

Character in WOW
Server: 瑞文戴尔pvp,马多兰pve, 山丘之王pvp
Name: Fartblossom,Bonehead,Greathealer,Retibution
Guild: pve, Cow eaters

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 6:32  #
i was reading something interesting on yahoo news about downtime.

So many chinese went Taiwan server causing people wait couple hours to play.

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/pcworld/20090624/tc_pcworld/worldofwarcraftlanguishesofflineinchina
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 6:37  #
I'm not surprised, WoW is down for an undetermined amount of time, Taiwan has WOTLK. I'm sure the Chinese players are fed up with the government's continual delay of WOTLK. Especially if it becomes a completely chopped up version lacking the Death Knight, which I really could not see happening.
Resto 
DefiasDefias

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 6:44  #
Flee the Mainland........our new home shall be 台湾
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 7:36  #
I wouldn't be surprised that, after some time, chinese government prevent any connection to wow taiwan servers. Or eventually wow Taiwan close his service to chinese IP.
Uberpwnerer 
Blind DragonBlind Dragon
Uberpwnerer

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 12:32  #
should we move?

i kind of really want wrath to come out Neutral
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 13:27  #
Unless somehow I can get consistently under 100 ms to Taiwan servers which I really doubt I would not be interested in moving even though this lack of Wrath is extremly annoying.
ganaat 
HydraHydra
ganaat

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: Bronzebeard
Name:
Guild: chinese

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 15:10  #
If i were Taiwan WOW provider, i would open up door for 5mm chinese players and will do everything in my power to hold them.

If WOTLk is not coming to china soon enough its even better and I'll sell my cards on-line.

May be i should send an e-mail to Taiwan GM ... *thinking*
Resto 
DefiasDefias

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 15:53  #
Hey guys, man i been missing wow but had alotta fun on my comp. This is some of the stuff i been doing...

1) rolled some toons on wow free servers
2) turned my comp into ps2 emulator and played some oldskool rpg gamers like final fantasy4, 7, breath of fire, suikoden.
3) got over ps2 phase so turned comp into old DOS platform emulator and played other games from my childhood like Bards Tale, Wizardry7, Might and Magic2,4,5,6,7, D&D games.
4) also signed up to a Direct to Drice (D2D) website and bought, downloaded cple working versions of games i couldnt find anywhere in torrents.
5)Now I have returned to Ultima Online the source, the beginning of my mmorg experience. Its a very oldskool 2d rpg game that while a bit dated graphics wise really kicks ass in gameplay.

Ultima Online has a free 14 day free trial atm so thats what got me back to have a look.

There is also alot of free servers available for the game. I am currently playing on a free server which cpoies the game exactly before they brought in Trammel which basically is same world (accessed thru a portal) where u can play and be free from pk's. I HATE THAT. I love the old rule set, u pk some1 u can loot them dry, very hardcore.

Home servers of Oceania (Australia) are too laggy for me too play (pinging around 180ms) I recently rolled a new toon on Formosa (Taiwan) server and am pinging a comfortable 70ms

Dunno bout WoW connection from China to Taiwan......

Anyone here play on Taiwan servers from China please post your experience and most importingly your ping! Thanks.

I am with bol i would pick fast ping over wotlk
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 16:25  #
Lol Resto, reminds me when I had a hardrive full of ps1 isos, unfortunatly was about 1 year ago and I'm not willing to play them again. I had fun with the blackisle game made on infinity engineBaldur's gate2, icewindale 2, and best of all and only one i played till the end planescape torment(fuckin awesome game).
I downloaded warhammer dawn of war 2 on p2p, awesome game unfortunatly my laptop doesn't run recent game well, low settings looks like shit and it's still laggy framerate wise.

playing wow on Taiwan server is tempting but I wouldn't be surprised that seeing that so many mainland players moved there, they, someone, either the guys running wow or the chinese governement will block the acces to wow Taiwan.

Does someone play guild wars? I have the second extension but never really played it. It's free of charge but you need a legit copy.
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 17:01  #
I've been just been playing a ton of DOTA on Garena.
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Name: Rectum, Salty, Carebear and all the others..
Guild: yes

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009 - 17:16  #
been playing Call of Duty 4 ...amazing, fallout 3, left 4 dead...more importantly I'm getting out more!!!!! gonna go buy one of the jetsons looking e-bikes and cruise about, I also manage to get to the gym 5 days a week now....i do miss WOW, but shit me..you dont realise how much of your life it eats away til its gone...i think i played more WOW than i worked!
ganaat 
HydraHydra
ganaat

Character in WOW
Name:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009 - 6:32  #
lol
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009 - 15:51  #
The latest from the rumormill. Originally Netease had planned for June 18th release of cards which did occur as people are able to purchase them already and on the 21st the reopening of WoW. What has happened is the The9 has sued over the property which has suspended the approval process. Until this is resolved there is going to be no WoW for anyone.
Resto 
DefiasDefias

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009 - 16:30  #
fark if it turns into a legal battle wow will be delayed for months
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009 - 17:17  #
Joke aside, this is big ROFL
Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Fluberwinter

Male Age : 29

Character in WOW
Name: Wushu/Thron
Guild: The Crazy Waiguoren

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009 - 20:53  #
God demmit!! I thought I'd be doing lots of WoW, Getting gear for mah SM...
Seems I'll have to do something productive...

People of earth! Do smart stuff!
Yeah... Gonna try to do some stop animation and piano...
Get a goal, stay in touch, go outside! Meet some ppl *Wink wink* *Nudge nudge*. Let's all get a LIFE!
I'll still be playing though...

Fluberwinter signing off... Sadly... He's bored!
ganaat 
HydraHydra
ganaat

Character in WOW
Name:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009 - 9:07  #
this is a freaking joke... I'm bloody moving to Taiwan or .. HK better?
bcastleberg 
SuccubusSuccubus
bcastleberg

Character in WOW

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009 - 12:14  #
If wow is down for another 2 months make me wonder how much free time we will get from 3 month downtime. It better be 3 months free game play to get people come back.
Uberpwnerer 
Blind DragonBlind Dragon
Uberpwnerer

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009 - 12:41  #
ballsack.

i think The9 is doing this JUST to piss us off.

damn it all.
bcastleberg 
SuccubusSuccubus
bcastleberg

Character in WOW

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009 - 13:17  #
in end maybe was not worth for blizzard change companies.

Maybe not woth being in chinese market.
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009 - 14:12  #
Well I can see The9 point in doing this, they are basically fighting for their survival. WoW was something like 90% of their revenue. Without WoW they basically have nothing. It seems pretty confirmed that WoW is going to be offline indefinitely until the suit is dropped or its resolved in or out of court.

As the rumormill is full of conflicting data Netease has reported it has sucessfully completed an in house test of its server. When it will be up for the public is still unknown.
bcastleberg 
SuccubusSuccubus
bcastleberg

Character in WOW

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009 - 14:52  #
I looked at the9 city onlines game there pretty good. just alot of games take good computer play it.

I see netease online games looks same game over and over.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009 - 16:54  #
ganaat wrote:
HK better?

HK better? YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2009 - 4:57  #
Netease has onc again posted a weekly update. This time basically saying the same bullshit as last time. "Progress" has been made but more testing must be done. AKA delayed. It also mentions something in there about everyone must be done to the governments approval so it seems like the government hasn't even greenlighted this operation yet.
bcastleberg 
SuccubusSuccubus
bcastleberg

Character in WOW

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2009 - 6:38  #
Well way blizzard saying about down time is that does not matter how long it down, Everybody will crawl back to game.

Even if its not most popular game in china or makes most money in china.

Its time move on i guess
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2009 - 15:24  #
Yeah we're pretty much confirmed WoW down indefinitely as Netease has stated it's being delayed due to things beyond their control. AKA the lawsuit filed by The9. I guess The9 building is just going to need to have an accidental fire or the legal division suddenly disappears.
bcastleberg 
SuccubusSuccubus
bcastleberg

Character in WOW

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2009 - 16:18  #
Well seem like everthing going the The9 way. Blizzard just going have pay what ever The9 wants and then more. Blizzard has no chance in china. Since china does not want blizzard here anyway.
Khelben 
HarpyHarpy
Khelben

Character in WOW
Server:

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2009 - 19:15  #
The court dates that I've seen online are set for July 18th. So I guess we'll have to wait until then.
Sponsored content 

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed I_icon_minitime  #

Netease says WoW is "complicated" AKA delayed

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com