Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Addons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
GreenMoon 
RaptorRaptor
GreenMoon

Male Age : 61

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan
Name: GreenMoon
Guild:

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 6:40  #
Hello Folks,

I wonder if some of you have good suggestions for Druid addons, I checked the Net but now as the 2.0.1 version is on all new addons are compatible with that new version.

Today I use for my Druid:

Panza, not upgraded for a long time but still works well for some macros for blessing, healing, decursing...
Flexbar, Bars and buttons changing according to my animal form
Druid bar, to see my mana bar even when turned in to animal
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 7:17  #
hi...
short tip:
use informational add-ons. add-ons that let you know better or more accurately what is going in in the game and around you at the moment. use UI modifications that make the UI more "tailored" to your liking and your layout of things.
try "not" to:
use decursing, blessing, healing scripts. do it manually. Blizzard is nerfing the modding functions more and more.
dont use automatically switching actionbars. besides the fact that i consider it a little... lazy (i found the least offending word), blizzard HAS nerfed that, and actionbars no longer switch, change, or modify while in combat as of 2.0
same goes for macro / script decursing, buffing, healing (people found a workaround, but the add-on might get banned soon.
also, while in-combat, all targeting macro scripts wont work.
so you can't go:
stop casting
target <targetname>
cast something new
target lasttarget

(mages use it for counterspelling certain bosses in certain instances, while DPSing others)

blizzard is forcing us to go manual, and i am happy. use hotkeys, place your 120 buttons where you can access them best, look at those 40 bright lights flashing in the raid, and debuff, decurse, heal accordingly, manually.
sucks, but its to be learned.

this finally will make a nice little selection, and seed out the "button spam" kiddies from people who bust their a**es to optimize time and mana to heal, decurse in correctorders, depending on needs, and manually. trust me. as of 2.0, even my raid might get in trouble in MC on the first or 3rd boss, when the mages will have to decurse manually. ^^

and greetings to all those lame hunters whose action bars switch automatically depending if they are in melee range or in ranged attack range. can't wait to cut through them.

so my advice:
use add-ons for information purposes, and to tailor your UI for best gameplay optimization. don't automate tasks. Smile
GreenMoon 
RaptorRaptor
GreenMoon

Character in WOW
Guild:

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 7:35  #
haha,

Your are right, I will try to make an effort...but I'm one of those who type with 2 fingers soo when I bind keys on my keyboard i'm still lost in combat when I need to see at the same time the screen and to look the keybord to find my key hehe.

So I will start training ...
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 8:21  #
hehe.... no problem about the 2 finger typing.
when you bind keys on your keyboard, a good tip should be to bind them while not looking at the keyboard.
you don't care if in your actionbar the button binds dont go from 1-9. you care to be able to hit them.
place your fingers on the movement keys (ASDW) and from there, without looking too much, check which keys you can reach easiy without needing to look. also check which ones (and with which finger) you would hit most comfortably and give those keys a higher priority for more important things.
also, you dont wish to be static and not moving when fighting (even though on a pve server your pvp activity should be rather limited, pve also requires movement). so factor in which keys you can give a quick push one single time (for some instacast spell) while still being able to move and use that for a rather high level instacast DMG or heal spell. being able to run away or after, while healing yourself or while hitting hard, without needing to stop or influence your movement will make you a much more worthy opponent.
the keys i attin most confortable are:
1234rfc, and therefore bear my most important binds on them
the original mappings of those keys have been remapped.
for example C was character window. you dont need it "quickly"... so i remapped it SHIFT+C (which i somehow still hit rather quick).
F was target target's target which is perfect when assisting friends or attacking a tanks main target. i remapped it to G still easily reachable, but you dont need it as much. you could use SHIFT+whatever as well....
go by priority. what things you use / need most, should be the ones most easily reachable and instinctively easy to push without looking too much.

i hope i can help...

for the rest of this topic:
we dont know how long it may still take until version 2.0.x hits china (if ever). until then, finding old working addons becomes more and more impossible.
i still have a shitload of them on my pc.
i do also have several public free hosting services and my very own webhosts. i would be happy to share the space (add-ons are tiny anyways) and to upload all of mine so that people can still use them.
a little information about them would be seet also. i think i cna handle that.
this forum would be great for us to find "still working old addons" then.
i can host, we create a new forum for addons, and do it curse-gaming style, one thread per addon, parent post posts add-on, description, information and what needs to be known. issues, problems, questions about the addon can be posted then under it, like any other thread.
so, 1 forum-category for add ons, one forum each for categories of addons, and then one thread per addon. easy and fast.

every body who still have add-ons working with current version, please e-mail to : [ edited out ]@gmail.com
include a small description and if there is a bug you know of. me (and i am sure some others here) might be able to fix some simple bugs. add-ons are easy code.

glad to help...

(the keybind replies should go in a new thread... make it "playstyle, to click or to hit, that is the question" or something like that... lol)

ttyl, folks

Last edited by Naklin on Sun 25 May 2008 - 20:15; edited 1 time in total
GreenMoon 
RaptorRaptor
GreenMoon

Character in WOW
Guild:

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 8:57  #
Thanks for all your comments,

Saturday I went to an Internet Cafe in Shanghai and I was really surprised to see how those guys are using keyboards, it’s like they are playing piano worship , when me I’m still using the arrows keys to move so I really need to do something pale

So believe me, I will try hard study .
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Server: TW
Name: noobcake
Guild:

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 9:03  #
i know it can be a little bit hard for the first time but this is the only path that leads to the pure pwnage Smile

You have to force yourself to do some little changes everyday.

For exemple, when i was playing brood, i remember i first started to tell myself i will never use the right window and only use shortcuts for building and spawning...
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 9:34  #
next time you go shanghai, leave a word here in advance.... can have some snakc together and get our little behinds into a web bar together... WinkRazz
see you
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 9:50  #
Many people here are living in shanghai besides nak and me ???

Would be fun to get togethet for dinner and CS or BROOD Smile

"on topic you must stay" (master yoda)
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 10:05  #
how come every thread i or dead start replying, we go so offtopic and others follow?
i feel like screwing everything. lol. i hereby apologizy formally for having talked about at LEAT 3 topics, and i solemny promise that i am sorry and will repeat the same matter the next time i reply, because i cannot help it. ^^

*hugz*
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 11:23  #
did anyone of you know the average price of the WII in china ?

Have you heard of fake cheap games yet ?

Best i've found so far is 2350rmb for the minimum box and the guy just had like 3 or 4 games for 300rmb each...
GreenMoon 
RaptorRaptor
GreenMoon

Character in WOW
Guild:

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 11:41  #
Guys I'm living in Shanghai so whenever you decide just tell me I will be pleased to have a drink with you...
pouetpou 

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeSat 3 Feb 2007 - 15:28  #
Hiho guys,
I'm looking for GuildAdds and its dependence ACE...
Really boring, i search a lot, i downloaded all the old versions etc... I can't make it work ...

So borring... So please, if you have an idea, or if you know how to run GuildAdds with its dependec ACe let us know ...

Thanks in advance !
ownage 

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2007 - 12:22  #
I was wondering, is there any addon that works like the chinese's yue gang bao he(moonbox) which shows the location of quest mobs with a click of a button?

also is there any link to working mods for our version and anyone got data base for gatherer?
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2007 - 22:08  #
no moonbox in EN.
jimmy_shg 
CorpseCorpse

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Jul 2007 - 0:18  #
hey, i used to use the addon monkey quest/clock/buddy etc.. and i really liked it.
but since the new patch came out, it seems like i cannot use it anymore for the new patch.
do you know if they have a new one maybe on a different website?
looking forward for your help, thank you
Sponsored content 

Addons _
  Addons I_icon_minitime  #

Addons

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: WoW ingame talk :: Classes -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com