Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Pre-WotLK System Requirements

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Pre-WotLK System Requirements _
  Pre-WotLK System Requirements I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009 - 15:42  #
Hello everyone! I study in Tianjin and since I am a WoW player (played on EU and RU servers before) I decided to play some CWoW with no lags. I found out that chinese still play tBK and wanted to ask whether the system requirements are still pre-WotLK or not?

The problem is that I have only a netbook here and find it uncomfy to play WoW on EU with >1000 latency and 3fps. Will the situation change if I switch to CWoW (tBK was working fine on 1.7 Mhz with integrated video)?
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Pre-WotLK System Requirements I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009 - 4:45  #
Hello Shando,

For the lag you'll have no problem, but for the graphic card I can't tell you as you didn't mention the model.

I run the wotlk client 3.1.3 but it still work on TBC servers, without northrend. I do believe the system requirement won't go up once they open northrend. So my game run smoothly on a core duo 1.6ghz and an low end ATI 2400, with all settings on medium except shadows who are on the lowest setting.

If you have an integrated Intel GMA there isn't much you can do, I guess with full low settings you get 25fps at best and in the major cities it must lag badly at <10fps.
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

Pre-WotLK System Requirements I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009 - 6:39  #
As Bolo said integreated Cards lack heavy on Performance.
My notebook with GeforceGo 7700 can run the game smooth in 1440 resolution with all settings on high. But my Macbook Air which has a theoretical better Graphic chip runs it with max. 10fps with all settings on low because its onboard.
Nous 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Nous

Male Age : 39

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 / 马多兰 / PVE
Name:

Pre-WotLK System Requirements I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009 - 7:36  #
Whether it can help you to compare; here is mine. Except in raid >10ppl I used to run Wow with highest setting. Asus rox !

ASUS G2S-A1 Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.20GHz) / 17" WUXGA (1920x1200) 2GB DDR2 160GB / NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT DirectX 10

I totally agree Stitch's note. It's unplayable on my gf's notebook even if she bought it recently.
WoWLaoWai 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Usul / Laowai
Guild: Cow Eaters / Expatriate

Pre-WotLK System Requirements I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009 - 11:55  #
I however played on a notebook for 1 year with no problem at all (classic+BC) in America. This was with a 128mg integrated Geforce.

Pre-WotLK System Requirements I_icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009 - 13:27  #
That's what I was afraid of. I tried to run WotLK on my ASUS EEE 1000H (Intel Atom 1.6 MHz, GMA 950 128 MB and 1GB RAM) whatever I tried it doesnt work well - poor 5-10 FPS. But however my previous laptop ASUS A6R (if my memory serves me right) with almost the same hardware except for intergated ATI Radeon 200M wasn't able to run WotLK at all.

The game is still a little bit playable but that's not much I even thought of selling my brand new netbook and buying something for around $500.

I guess there is still one more option - I can play at wanba but I am not sure about it. At the moment a guy to my left is running around Shattrah on his netherdrake and I am damn jealous about it. Any advices? Should I try to play at wanba using chinese version or else?
Nous 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Nous

Male Age : 39

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 / 马多兰 / PVE
Name:

Pre-WotLK System Requirements I_icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009 - 15:03  #
Weirdly I heard that Atom rocks as hell...

Pre-WotLK System Requirements I_icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009 - 9:44  #
I do not know what should I do. That far I have these options:

1. Try to install CWoW and play on my netbook (weird).

2. Try to play CWOW at local wanba (Chinese client sucks as I do not know that much).

I have to buy an account anyway. So any idea where I can get it?
Demonel 
RaptorRaptor
Demonel

Male
Character in WOW
Server: 暗影之月
Name:
Guild:

Pre-WotLK System Requirements I_icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009 - 13:26  #
Shando wrote:
That's what I was afraid of. I tried to run WotLK on my ASUS EEE 1000H (Intel Atom 1.6 MHz, GMA 950 128 MB and 1GB RAM) whatever I tried it doesnt work well - poor 5-10 FPS. But however my previous laptop ASUS A6R (if my memory serves me right) with almost the same hardware except for intergated ATI Radeon 200M wasn't able to run WotLK at all.

The game is still a little bit playable but that's not much I even thought of selling my brand new netbook and buying something for around $500.

I guess there is still one more option - I can play at wanba but I am not sure about it. At the moment a guy to my left is running around Shattrah on his netherdrake and I am damn jealous about it. Any advices? Should I try to play at wanba using chinese version or else?

even though WoW is a minimum requirement MMO but with the WoLTK expansion is does required decent hardware to run it. your ASUS EEE1000H is a netbook which they are not designed nor meant for playing games. A6R with ATI Radeon 200M *may* run with minimum setting in game. try 3rd party ATI driver, use google search for it.
Sponsored content 

Pre-WotLK System Requirements I_icon_minitime  #

Pre-WotLK System Requirements

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Technical support -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com