Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Male Age : 37

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP)
Name: Avanti
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 _
  OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 6:23  #
The content of this post is currently outdated - Please use the links at the top of this thread

1. Getting everything that you need !

In order to make the installation you will need the following:

1. A NEW European / US client which you can download of the official website !
2. All the Patches untill VERSION 3.1.3 not more not less.
I download mine there, but if you dont trust me you can also get them somewhere else.
3. Download the data file which u need later.
These are the 2 .mpq files
4. Download the Root fileswhich you will need later.
These are the Chinese client root files
5. Download the Launcher file which u need later.
This is the skeleton.exe launcher, some Anti Virus programs will give an alert for this but dont worry its a false positive!
6. Download the Font file which u need later.
These are the chinese fonts files for reading / writing
7. and last but not least: A Chinese wow account, Click Here! For the guide or ask a chinese friend to do this for you !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Here we go !

1. install the client of the language of your choice first e.g. English / german / russian.
sidenote: you can install all the expansions its no problem as long as you do not update them !

2. Use the manual Patches you have downloaded to update your version to 3.1.3.
sidenote: whenever a patch says it cannot install because you have to little hard drive space left and this is NOT the case, then you have a bad patch file and need to download from another mirror or website !

3. Make a Copy of your entire World of Warcraft folder to another location e.g. an external hard drive.
sidenote: you will need this for updating your client.
sidenote: If you dont have enough space delete some pron
sidenote: if you still dont have enough space you can also make a copy of the enUS/enGB/deDE/frFR/ruRU folder inside your data folder, We are not sure if the new update would bring anything special so only do this when you are really attached to the pron...

4. Open your World of Warcraft folder and go to the Data folder.

5. Inside there is a folder called enUS/enGB/deDE/frFR/ruRU.

6. change the name of the enUS/enGB/deDE/frFR/ruRU into: enCN.
sidenote: other language also change it into enCN we want the program to believe that e.g. frFR is enCN.

7. open the enCN folder you just named.

8. inside you will see 8 files that end with .mpq, Change the name so that all the files have enCN instead of enUS/enGB/deDE/frFR/ruRU
sidenote: Also all other languages should change into "enCN" e.g. rename patch-frFR.mpq into patch-enCN.mpq).

9. extract the Data file you DOWNLOADED into your world of warcraft folder without changing the structure !
sidenote: you should see 2 new files now inside your world of warcraft data folder: patch-3.MPQ into data folder and patch-enCN-3.MPQ into data\enCN\ sub folder
sidenote: if your language is different then english you will need another DATA file Download.

10. Go into the Data folder, then into the enCN folder and open the file realmlist.wtf
sidenote: you can open this file with notepad or word.

11. Change the text inside the file so it looks as the following:
set realmlist cn.logon.warcraftchina.com
set patchlist cn.version.warcraftchina.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal cn

then save it.

12. Extract the Root files you downloaded into your World of Warcraft game folder.

13. Extract the Font file you DOWNLOADED into your World of Warcraft game folder.

14. Extract the Launcher file you DOWNLOADED into your World of Warcraft game folder.

15. There is a file inside the World of Warcraft folder called Skeleton.exe if you want to play wow use this file to start it.
sidenote: you can make a shortcut of the skeleton.exe file to your desktop if you like.

16. Start up the Skeleton.exe file and press the big button and see what happens !.

The Credit for this guide goes to the following people since i just copy/paste their guides and simplified a little: Masterfade, Suzhou-Alex, Bolomas, Leewaihom and Khelben !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Trouble Shooting !

Check Here! For all the information you need concerning your WoW Account.
Thanks to Bolomas
If you have installed the game with the font file but when you type chinese you get ?? then check out This Guide!
Thanks to AlpzStrike
Check Here! if you are using a Matrix point card and have this Problem
Thanks to Bolomas

4. Extra Usefull Stuff !

Also I can recommend you check out this TOPIC for information on where to go.
Thanks to Urubaen
if you want to know who is playing where then you check it Here! , And if you want everyone else to know where YOU are playing do it Here!
Thanks to hints

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft all rights reserved ® ™ ©

Last edited by StiXx on Fri 11 Jun 2010 - 15:13; edited 74 times in total
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 6:41  #
There might be a more easy way to install for those of you that are from the US, Im not sure if this will work since I havent tried it but Check it out !
Guide by Currahee_lp

Updates
13-10-2009 - Added the Account information guides.
22-10-2009 - Added the guide for writing problems with vista and replaced the font link.
9-11-2009 - Added the guilde for using a matrix Card and the guide on how to setup a BNET account.
7-12-2009 -Changed the "confusing" part 12-15 for installing with different languages then english
25-1-2010 -Simplified the guide a bit so its less confusing and less work according to Bolomas 's post
2-2-2010 -Updated and removed Links that were outdated.
5-2-2010 - Improved and updated the guide also added some awesome colors.
4-3-2010 - Added a guide for Taiwan World of Warcraft.
16-3-2010 - Added the Account Creation guide to Taiwanese one.

Last edited by StiXx on Tue 16 Mar 2010 - 11:22; edited 7 times in total
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 13:20  #
Very good guid StiXx but just one details :
Quote :

5. Uninstall World of Warcraft but KEEP the folder you CUT and PASTED !

6. Install the Chinese Client of World of Warcraft.

if People Uninstall the non-Chinese Wow, you should precise that when they will need to patch their english data folder (let's say chinese wow update to 3.2.2 you'll have to use the 3.2.2 non-Chinese wow), they will need to reinstall the whole foreign version and repatch everything again. (that's why moving the english wow on another partition or external-harddrive like explained in a previous guide isn't so unuseful)
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 13:54  #
Sorry forget about that,

Updated now Smile

As soon as there is an update available I will also include how to update.
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009 - 16:09  #
Just one little hint after wow has started go back to your desktop via the windows key and close the skeleton.exe (just needed for start up).

I recommend that because no one of us has created or know what is in the file so to be secured there is no key-logger or anything else Harmful i suggest u close it before typing your Password and start to connect!!!!

Like Grandma said always wear 2 Rubber ; )
igniter 
DragonmawDragonmaw

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Oct 2009 - 9:31  #
So frustrated! Need to uninstall my updated North America client to reinstall and update to the specific patch, can't even salvage it.

I'm getting the feeling I can't have two Different clients, one CN tbc in english, one North american wotlk?
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Oct 2009 - 10:10  #
igniter you can have two different clients but they should be on a separate partition. For exemple if both you versions are on C:/ you'll have some conflict. Now if one is on C:/ and one on D:/, then all will be well. Working like a charm for me.
igniter 
DragonmawDragonmaw

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Oct 2009 - 10:11  #
I'm attempting to have my Chinese on C, and my NA client on F, just for now I had to trash my NA client to install a fresh one to update to the appropriate patch.
igniter 
DragonmawDragonmaw

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Oct 2009 - 18:35  #
"2. Use the manual updates you have downloaded to update your version to 3.1.3."

Link #3 means I need to download every crappy mini patch until 3.1.3? -____-

On a side note, it seems having any previous version messes it up pretty bad. I deleted my updated North American client and it's still preventing me from installing a regular North American client freshly Sad
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct 2009 - 8:53  #
Make sure when you uninstall you delete all the files in the folder,
All the files we modified or added keep staying in the folder when you uninstall wow.
WoWLaoWai 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Usul / Laowai
Guild: Cow Eaters / Expatriate

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 11:17  #
I only have 9 MPQ files AFTER I put the unrar the DATA download?

I log in now and it's still in Chinese, even though it has English data.
As of now I'm not sure how that is possible. If I tick the NA and English
box on the skeleton it doesn't load. What ticks on skeleton should be
click using a NA client in China?

The FONT download is broken. (I was sent another -- not sure if it works
since I haven't gotten my client working yet)
igniter 
DragonmawDragonmaw

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2009 - 22:04  #
Font download still broken.
Hirna_zjmj 
Mukla the gorillaMukla the gorilla
Hirna_zjmj

Male Age : 31

Character in WOW
Server: 耐萨里奥
Name: Hirna
Guild: 天國的記憶

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2009 - 15:16  #
Damn conflag has been nerfed.
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009 - 5:35  #
WoWLaoWai wrote:
I only have 9 MPQ files AFTER I put the unrar the DATA download?

I log in now and it's still in Chinese, even though it has English data.
As of now I'm not sure how that is possible. If I tick the NA and English
box on the skeleton it doesn't load. What ticks on skeleton should be
click using a NA client in China?

The FONT download is broken. (I was sent another -- not sure if it works
since I haven't gotten my client working yet)

You need more then 9 MPQ Files so there is something you are doing wrong... I suggest you start over or check the new guide in First reply !

Also if the new Font link works Could you PM it to me so i can add it to the guide?
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Oct 2009 - 17:47  #
Stixx It seems the font link doesn't work you might want to replace it by http://www.filefront.com/14674393/Fonts.rar
Lollita 
CorpseCorpse

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2009 - 6:29  #
guys, what happened to mine ? i did everything on the guide, step by step and it ended like this ?

one question, im using GB client as well as the patches. and in launcher, which 服务器 i should pick? i ticked on english language and the matrix becoming like on the picture below, and if i dont tick it... it is still a chinese version WoW.

does anyone here have the same problem as me ??? please, need help. Thanks !

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 Weird
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2009 - 6:45  #
Yo lollita!!!You're back on Wow China? Let me explain you, you cannot use the matrix with the current version of wow. So you either have to disable it, or you can follow the instructions here : https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/general-f1/important-matrix-3digits-solution-100-safe-t1367.htm

Goodluck and see you in game Smile

EDIT : a lollita be sure to tick 英文语音 when you start the game.

Last edited by bolomas on Mon 9 Nov 2009 - 6:25; edited 2 times in total
Lollita 
CorpseCorpse

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2009 - 7:01  #
lol.... glad to see u again bolo ! see u in game
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeMon 9 Nov 2009 - 10:57  #
Added the fix into the guide Smile
LeHurleur 
KoboldKobold

Male Age : 38

Character in WOW
Server: 战歌 Warsong - CN2
Name: 嚓喀嚓喀 (Chaka Chaka)
Guild:

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009 - 11:18  #
i did all well but it doesnt work, it's still in chinese. is it because I have only 8 mpq files ? i dont know why...

could someone send a screenshot of the contents of the Data folder ? as my language is French, should I have frCN, enCN (the Data folder downloaded) and zhCN in my Data folder ?

thx
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009 - 11:42  #
hi mate

it sounds you didn't follow exactly the guide. I dont get your point what u mean with.... should I have frCN, enCN (the Data folder downloaded) and zhCN in my Data folder

Just to make it easier.
-Do you have the chinese version installed?
If yes its better to modify the data folder in the Chinese version instead on your french client!!!!!!!

Just do as explained in the guide but copy the french data into the chinese client much easier and faster.
LeHurleur 
KoboldKobold

Character in WOW
Guild:

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009 - 12:03  #
Hi

I did follow exactly the guide, which is very good. I did modify the data folder into the chinese client (I did this in a wangba).

But it seems that my problem comes from the fact that my french client only has 8 .mpq... I don't know why.

About the other problem, let's see the guide.

Quote :

"12. change the name of the enUS/enGB/deDE/frFR/ruRU into: enCN.
sidenote: other language change the name into your language."

Okay so if I understand now I should have frCN and zhCN, am I right ?

"15. extract the DATA file you DOWNLOADED into your world of warcraft folder without changing the structure !
sidenote: you should see 2 new files now inside your world of warcraft data folder: patch-3.MPQ into data\ and patch-enCN-3.MPQ into data\enCN\"

So now I should have frCN, zhCN and the new one : enCN. I think you forget to mention to change the language if we use another language, right ?

Thanks for your quick reply, btw Smile
LeHurleur 
KoboldKobold

Character in WOW
Guild:

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009 - 12:12  #
Aaah, maybe it's because I didn't install the 2 expansions that I have only 8 .MPQ ? But it was still 3.1.3...
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009 - 13:44  #
edit: wrong Smile

Last edited by StiXx on Mon 7 Dec 2009 - 12:11; edited 1 time in total
LeHurleur 
KoboldKobold

Character in WOW
Guild:

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009 - 16:12  #
So I have to change "patch-enCN-3.MPQ" in the enCN folder into "patch-frCN-3.MPQ", is that right ?

But before doing this, I need the 2 missing MPQ files. They are the 2 "lichking" MPQ files. So I need to install the LK expansion (and it takes time with my crappy network). The best way would be that a French send me these 2 files... Any French here ? Smile
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009 - 6:41  #
No it s not the chinese files who need to be renamed into french files it's the inverse. All your file-frFR.mpq must be renamed into file-cnCN.mpq.

Be sure to backup your original data/frFR folder because you'll need it back to normal when a new patch is available in China.[/img]
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009 - 7:21  #
N/A

Last edited by bolomas on Sun 29 Nov 2009 - 12:16; edited 7 times in total
LeHurleur 
KoboldKobold

Character in WOW
Guild:

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009 - 11:28  #
Bolomas, thx for your reply but you're confusing me more...

Okay, let's make it clear once and for all.

Finally, I should have 2 folders into DATA : frCN and zhCN.

Inside the frCN folder, every MPQ file should be *****-frCN.MPQ.

Only the new patch that I downloaded should remain in enCN : "patch-enCN-3.MPQ".

Is that right ?

PS : Am I the first one to follow this guide using another language than english ??
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009 - 11:49  #
O really sorry LeHurleur I mistyped, it was enCN not cnCN.

So look now : (just restaure your french client data folder like it was when you patched it)

2. Go to "wow/data" folder and create a copy of the folder "enEN/frFR/ruRU/deDE/etc" and rename it enCN. So for exemple if you use the french client you'll have 2 folders, one called frFR and one copy of frFR but named enCN.

3. now go into the enCN folder and RENAME the part of all the files name containing "enEN/frFR/ruRU/deDE/etc..." with "enCN" (exemple : rename patch-frFR.mpq into patch-enCN.mpq)

4. Into wow/ folder(the one where the wow.exe is located) create a new folder and name it "Backup" . Now select all the files (not the folders) into your /wow folder and CUT and PASTE them into the freshly created backup folder. Now your wow/ should only contain folders.

5. Download http://www.filefront.com/15012441/WOW%20CN.rar and extract it into your wow/ folder. Note :this archive contain all the root files of the chinese client. If you don't trust this source(uploaded by bolomas), you can install the chinese client, patch it up to 3.1.3 and copy all the chinese "wow/" files(not the folders) into your foreign "wow/" folder.

skip stixX guide point 1 to 14

Last edited by bolomas on Sun 29 Nov 2009 - 13:10; edited 1 time in total
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009 - 12:07  #
ah... les francais....
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009 - 12:24  #
Lol now after looking more carefully the guide I see why I confused you more LeHurleur, StixX's guide makes you copy the French files into the chinese Client.

Well you either do what I told you just before and then download the file I linked and copy these files into your french client;

otherwise you follow StixX guide and copy the frFR into the Chinese data folder. So after doing a backup of the original enCN folder you must make the program believe that the frFR folder is in fact the chinese enCN folder.
So you rename it into enCN(not frCN) and all the files inside containing frFR must be renamed with enCN.

Last edited by bolomas on Sun 29 Nov 2009 - 13:17; edited 1 time in total
LeHurleur 
KoboldKobold

Character in WOW
Guild:

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009 - 12:38  #
Yay, everything works now !!! ^o^

Thanks a lot Bolomas, your method is a lot simpler (but the Skeleton wasn't included in your RAR file and btw what is the "Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest" file ???)

@Stixx : You should replace the link for the patch-enCN-3.MPQ that you give here by the other, the one that works, this one : "www.filefront.com/14889709/patch-enCN-3.MPQ".

Thanks again to you both !
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009 - 13:14  #
A cool that you get it to work, sorry for the added confusion in my previous posts. for the "Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest" I don't really know what is the use for it, but it is on both my chinese and english client so I guess it's ok. (PS: not been hacked till now) ^^
LeHurleur 
KoboldKobold

Character in WOW
Guild:

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009 - 13:43  #
Yeah, sorry I speak too quickly, I thought it was just in your RAR file.

Everything works fine but I think I'll have to play in a wangba because it's too slow at my home. Or maybe it's a temporary problem.

There's something else : I cannot create a male character... I had an error message when I tried to create a new character and then impossible to choose "male". (That's not a real problem for me as I already have a character but maybe other people have encountered this too ?)
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009 - 15:05  #
A yeah LeHurleur nice you reported it I have the same problem, so for sure it's because I ripped the interface files from the 3.2.2 version and it somehow doesn't work perfectly with our 3.1.3 clients. I gonna try to do a new file with our 3.1.3 chinese interface files, It should work fine.
Will provide an upload tomorrow morning, thx for the info Smile
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeMon 7 Dec 2009 - 12:16  #
LeHurleur wrote:
Yay, everything works now !!! ^o^

Thanks a lot Bolomas, your method is a lot simpler (but the Skeleton wasn't included in your RAR file and btw what is the "Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest" file ???)

@Stixx : You should replace the link for the patch-enCN-3.MPQ that you give here by the other, the one that works, this one : "www.filefront.com/14889709/patch-enCN-3.MPQ".

Thanks again to you both !

The file you mention above is only for the French version or also for english?
Biohazard 
ImpImp
Biohazard

Male Age : 30

Character in WOW
Name: Flagrance
Guild: 辉煌之翼

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2009 - 11:03  #
Does the skeleton.exe file come from FRONT or SIMPLAUCHER rars?
Bcause my anti-viruses auto-deletes it (says it's a trojan) so i need to download it again. could anyone help plz?
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009 - 6:56  #
Simplauncher.rar
Biohazard 
ImpImp
Biohazard

Male Age : 30

Character in WOW
Name: Flagrance
Guild: 辉煌之翼

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009 - 20:29  #
thanks Wink
WoWLaoWai 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Usul / Laowai
Guild: Cow Eaters / Expatriate

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2009 - 9:07  #
This works great thanks a lot.

Some clarifications for stupid people like me are --
you won't have 9 mpq files until you add the /data/ folder.
skeleton.exe = launcher.
your modding the chinese client to english, not the english client to chinese.
wrong version of your english etc client = fail. make sure it's 3.1.3
even if you just want to run a chinese client that font folder is awesome.
igniter 
DragonmawDragonmaw

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2009 - 19:06  #
To add, you MUST do it patch by patch. I tried to find a full patch to 3.0 and then go from there, but it just ended up crashing and burning. Don't be lazy, it'll just waste more time than you need to.

Oh, and if your virus scanner shows skeleton.exe as a trojan, it's a false positive. My two really hate it.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009 - 11:58  #
i've been trying to dl WoW 3.1.3 on my laptop but have run into a problem.

It seems that if i use the launcher to convert 3.0.9 to 3.1.0 , the launcher just doesn't respond.. Sad

help please ><
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009 - 12:09  #
You have to install all patches by Hand. Place them in your wow Folder and Start launcher or the Patch directly!
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009 - 12:19  #
oh ok thank you! i was just wondering why the 3.0.9 to 3.1.0 patch took 748 MB =.=
sralbator 
ImpImp

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2010 - 3:41  #
Hi !

I've been looking on the links given and on google, can't get the patches for version 3.1.3. Only to 3.0.2 that leads me to download 3.2.0 patch or full 3.2.0 patch.

Thank you for your great help !
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2010 - 6:17  #
http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors_%28old_patches%29

no problem
sralbator 
ImpImp

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2010 - 7:04  #
Thank you !

But all links on patch 3.0.3 forward me to a link saying this:

"No such special page
From WoWWiki

You have requested a special page that is not recognized by WoWWiki. A list of all recognized special pages may be found at Special:Specialpages.

Return to Portal:Main."

Ty again
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2010 - 9:20  #
then http://www.bigdownload.com/games/world-of-warcraft/pc/world-of-warcraft-v302-to-v303-patch-north-america/

for the others patchs scroll down and watch under related downloads.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010 - 16:13  #
seems ive got a problem with mine :
wtf message

any translater ? rabbit
igniter 
DragonmawDragonmaw

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Apr 2010 - 16:41  #
Why do you still use skeleton.exe?
Sponsored content 

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010 I_icon_minitime  #

OLD - How to Install World of Warcraft - 31-MARS-2010

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Technical support -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com