Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Server suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Tjeenk01 
CorpseCorpse

Male Age : 38

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010 - 5:18  #
Hi Guys,

First of all a big thanks to all of you who put time and energy in this website and the guides that you have posted here. I had to do everything manually but it is working perfectly and can play without any problems.

I used to do hardcore raiding from Onyxia as end content to Illidan in TBC. Most of the raiding i did as Horde priest but started doing my first raiding with a Human warrior.

At the moment only have a trial account to see what it is like to play in China, but can anyone suggest a server and realm? Obviously I prefer one with plenty of foreigners to play with. My main will be Horde again, most likely priest.

Thanks and see you in WoW!

bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010 - 8:29  #
Hi and welcome on the forum.

I'd suggest you to go check the stickies in the" Communities by area" forum section. I don't have time to play at all lately so I cannot tell what are the status of the different realms foreigners are playing on.

They all have their pros and cons, so take time to visit them and type "/join english" to chat with the expats there.

Hopefully later Netease will release the faction change and realm transfer, so we can do like Taiwan and gather on the same realm.

Goodluck
Tjeenk01 
CorpseCorpse

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010 - 6:00  #
Thanks.

So i checked it out, and wanted to join 山丘之王-CN1 but that one seemed to be locked. I am not sure if I checked right so I will double check again tonight.

Now I joined 玛多兰-CN1 (was also suggested on the forum), rolled a Horde priest leveled it up a little and discovered there were only 2 people in Orgrimmar. I used the /who search so I am not sure if that is right or not on so I will check it out tonight.. but only 2 people in Orgrimmar... wall

I am considering to change from trial account to normal one but would only make sense if I can find a nice place to do some casual PvP / PvE.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010 - 7:28  #
Lol yeah, kind of why I talked about pros and cons. Imo both realms are badly balanced faction wise. I really wish netease will allow faction change in the futur.

If you roll on maduolan go ally side first. That's where the Cow Eaters are.

For bronzebeard it's a very high pop server, so yeah it's often locked and you get 1+hour queue recently when you try to log during peak hours.

If you don't mind skipping wotlk content you can also try the Taiwan realm 雷鱗 horde side. Most ppl got a toon there as well, though there isn't any active raiding foreigner guild atm.

Lots of ppl waiting for cataclysm and all the new class changes.
Tjeenk01 
CorpseCorpse

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010 - 8:37  #
WOTLK is the only part for me that is new, although when in Holland i did roll a deathknight, but never experienced 70+ content.

I strongly prefer Horde over Alliance, don't really know why actually. I see again tonight if bronzebeard was really locked or if i made a mistake. Otherwise I guess i just roll an Alliance toon and see if I like it there. Smile
seanderham 
RaptorRaptor
seanderham

Character in WOW
Server: Flame Crest
Name: seandruid
Guild:

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep 2010 - 11:15  #
Hopefully ill see you on bronzebeard, the guild has been doing alot of Heroics together and we almost have enough 80's to start NAXX and ulduar.
If you do join then try not to do it at peak times, either dont play then, or start at 6pm and dont stop till midnight
Tjeenk01 
CorpseCorpse

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010 - 9:05  #
Tried bronzebeard again but it is locked and couldn't get in.. Anyways, i rolled an Alliance toon on maduolan. Saw some Cow Eaters there, and there were more as 2 people in Stormwind unlike in Orgrimmar the other day Laughing so that made me happy!

Now I would like to change my account from trial to normal one, but see a lot of topics about the ID-number that you had to give (i just got mine from the internet somewhere). Will this give any problems when charging the account or something? Or only when something is wrong with your account, like I have read in one of Bolo's threads.

Also, i found some cards on TaoBao. But they look like they are for TBC or something. I don't know how this works here in China, do they have different cards here for the different content?

bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010 - 9:28  #
As said in the guide, the name you use to create your account must match the name on the ID. If you messed go watch the section "resubmit an ID" in the account section. If I were you I'd try to get the ID of someone you know personnaly.

For the cards, as long as you live in mainland, you can buy wow CN gametime from any convenient store or newspaper shop. Just ask for 魔兽世界卡(moshoushijie ka), and they cost 30RMB for 60hours.
igniter 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Sep 2010 - 18:56  #
If you prefer a higher skilled guild, you'd probably be welcome in my guild. Good population server on both factions (we're alliance). Only two foreigners in the guild though Smile
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010 - 3:27  #
igniter wrote:
If you prefer a higher skilled guild, you'd probably be welcome in my guild.

higher skilled guild than which guild?
bazza 
HydraHydra

Male Location : Hong Kong

Character in WOW
Server: 米奈希爾 / 雷鱗
Name: magey 掉哪星 bazza bunter fatbaz sham pali rogey deafknight barryone huntard wagyu
Guild: WTF

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010 - 11:59  #
you guys all 80 now?

what content are you on
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010 - 12:17  #
cow eaters has 4 lvl 80 at the moment.
http://cn.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=Madoran&gn=Cow+Eaters

cnwow still has patch 3.2, so it's Ulduar and Naxx

personaly, I'm waiting for 3.3, which will make things easier gear wise and hopefuly by then we will have more lvl 80s so we can start some 10man
bazza 
HydraHydra

Male Location : Hong Kong

Character in WOW
Server: 米奈希爾 / 雷鱗
Name: magey 掉哪星 bazza bunter fatbaz sham pali rogey deafknight barryone huntard wagyu
Guild: WTF

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010 - 5:46  #
so stitch has been leveling his ally lock grrrrrrrh!
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010 - 9:24  #
Sure I lvl my ally lock!!! Has to be done to much time was spend into that account but I know that someone with 8lvl 80 understand that ; )

Strange thing ping from Germany to china is much better then Taiwan.
WoWLaoWai 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Usul / Laowai
Guild: Cow Eaters / Expatriate

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Oct 2010 - 8:39  #
so i'm the 5th laowai on madoulan to reach level 80. i've been doing other things (playing with alternates). since after wlk opened some new people are putting up a big fight to join us in the expansion who just started. if your from another server a DK would be welcome too. if your starting fresh, paladin, druid, shaman is highly recommended (as MT/OT/MH/OH for groups or raids) every class, role and spec is welcome though and now some of us are 80 or even not 80 some power leveling might be available when we are bored which is often enough. (personally i will pay special attention to anyone with a heal button or wants to be a tank) (our newest member is a warrior who made level 35 in like 1 day) Smile i also have several level 70s so, anyone who is leveling up i will try to do dungeons with in outland (60-75) and northrend (68-80). madoulan will be doing 10 man inhouse groups eventually without doubt (in english), there is no question on this. every new member is considered an important addition to our roster so feel free to join us.
contact usul for guild invite and some 16 slot bags. Wink

swankish 
DefiasDefias

Character in WOW
Server: Kul'Tiras 库尔提拉斯- ch2
Name: Dinosawr
Guild: Laowai Club

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010 - 12:08  #
Hey i have a question, I noticed you said you were playing a trial account in CN. How did you get the free trial? back in the states you could just go to the website and sign up. can you do that here? I would like to try to do that and make i have this all working properly.
Sup 
FelhoundFelhound
Sup

Male Age : 26

Character in WOW
Server: Perenolde
Name: Trollkicker
Guild: Requited Pride

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010 - 14:59  #
swankish wrote:
Hey i have a question, I noticed you said you were playing a trial account in CN. How did you get the free trial? back in the states you could just go to the website and sign up. can you do that here? I would like to try to do that and make i have this all working properly.

Yeah, in China it's 20x more complicated than here in the states. Here all you have to do is provide basic billing info and basic game info and you're good to go. Now what they make you do is provide a valid Chinese ID card just to play a freaking game. They probably had one too many drinks when they thought about this or they're just paranoid.

E: Spelling - it's 8 AM over here and I just woke up lol
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010 - 15:28  #
Sup wrote:
swankish wrote:

Yeah, in China it's 20x more complicated than here in the states. Here all you have to do is provide basic billing info and basic game info and you're good to go. Now what they make you do is provide a valid Chinese ID card just to play a freaking game. They probably had one too many drinks when they thought about this or they're just paranoid.

Yeah, because in the states there are as many people as in China right? Rolling Eyes

China is the equivalent of 1/6 of world population nowadays, you'd expect at least some form of control right? They're already having trouble with the high number of addicts in the country. I'm not saying the States aren't, but the difference between the two countries are just too great to compare.
China fears masses of people (any kind of "revolution", resistance. They fear, which is why they won't let out the guy who won the Nobel Prize) hence the fact that it's not democratic. So if it's not democratic (almost no countries in the world are really democratic lol), they can do pretty much do anything. Which includes putting this limits.

So basically:

wall the face-head guy is basically us, and the wall is the censorship/limits decu decu
swankish 
DefiasDefias

Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010 - 17:26  #
so capitalistic communism vs democracy aside, how do I get a free trial besides the ID.
Sup 
FelhoundFelhound
Sup

Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 5:11  #
Urubaen wrote:
Sup wrote:
swankish wrote:

Yeah, because in the states there are as many people as in China right? Rolling Eyes

China is the equivalent of 1/6 of world population nowadays, you'd expect at least some form of control right? They're already having trouble with the high number of addicts in the country. I'm not saying the States aren't, but the difference between the two countries are just too great to compare.
China fears masses of people (any kind of "revolution", resistance. They fear, which is why they won't let out the guy who won the Nobel Prize) hence the fact that it's not democratic. So if it's not democratic (almost no countries in the world are really democratic lol), they can do pretty much do anything. Which includes putting this limits.

So basically:

wall the face-head guy is basically us, and the wall is the censorship/limits decu decu

The percentile value comparison might actually be pretty much the same.
swankish 
DefiasDefias

Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 8:46  #
it seems maybe y'all don't know how to get the free trial then?
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 11:42  #
http://addictionrecoveryhope.com/archives/video-game-addiction--> US 8.5 % of youths
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/10205-chinas-campaign-against-video-game-addiction-proves-effective/--> China.. too lazy to make the calculations.

The difference isn't "great" as I mentioned but still there. Second article even covers real-name authentication Wink

@swankish. I suggest you go to www.warcraftchina.com, with google chrome and translate page into english Very Happy
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 12:03  #
swankish wrote:
After reading so many posts on this forum, about creating accounts for CN wow, and then having problems because of child lock thing and can^t play anymore, cause of trial account, I would highly recomend you just make a normal account.

What you got to loose? time and RMB30.- that's all.

I am assuming that your chinese is not good enough to understand everything on the official chinese wow site, that's why you dont know how to make a free trial account.

If that is the case, then you will have the same difficulties again, when you choose to change your "free trial account" into a normal account.
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 12:24  #
ok, I know finding things on this website is so difficult, but still

ALL you need to do, is to READ the IMPORTANT posts on this website.

swankish wrote:

it seems maybe you don't know how to search for the information on this website, so have a look :

check step 8
https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/general-f1/guide-battlenetcomcn-new-account-creation-t1491.htm#13919

it says select 2nd option for free trial

I'll post the screenshot, cause it might be too much work to push the link.

Server suggestions Battle10

one thing left, please don't bother me, if you don't know how to change your account from a free trial into a normal one. Just read the guide.
Don't know where the guide is?
Maybe look at the left top corner, where it says IMPORTANT GUIDES

Last edited by Muhan on Mon 25 Oct 2010 - 13:55; edited 1 time in total
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 12:44  #
Locked.
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 14:06  #
why lock?

I wana troll a bit, cause ppl too lazy to read..

maybe we know nothing about CN WOW afterall wall
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 14:27  #
Damnit Muhan I just "Locked" this thread!

troll material, in general: Let Me Google That For You.

All Your Base Are Belong to Us
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 15:10  #
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun troll can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted". While the term troll and its associated action trolling are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with trolling being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, recent media accounts have used the term troll to describe "a person who defaces internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[3][4]
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 15:19  #
Damn did I just get trolled? Razz I stick by with All your base are belong to us though.

(I've been Muhan'd. D'oh.)
Sup 
FelhoundFelhound
Sup

Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010 - 23:56  #
Rule 17 of the Internet: A cat is fine too.
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010 - 5:18  #
Sup wrote:
Rule 17 of the Internet: A cat is fine too.

no no no Evil or Very Mad
that's not it

see for yourself: Rules of the Internet

From Encyclopedia Dramatica

There is no real set of Rules to the Internet, only a standard 3 on which everyone agrees (1, 2, and 34) and some bullshit rules that came out of nowhere. There have been countless renderings of the rules, all of which have sucked balls in one way or another...

Rule 17: Every win fails eventually
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010 - 12:54  #
I declare this thread successfully derailed by Muhan. YOU'VE ALL JUST BEEN MUHAN'D.
Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Oct 2010 - 13:13  #
Server suggestions Smiley-4

danceclub
Sponsored content 

Server suggestions _
  Server suggestions I_icon_minitime  #

Server suggestions

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com