Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Migrating

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
boogy 
CorpseCorpse

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeWed 7 Mar 2007 - 12:47  #
Nimen hao

I moved to beijing a few months ago and its becoming increasingly clear to me that I might stay here alot longer. I have a european account at lvl 70 and I doublt I can move it to a chinese server.
I read some of the articles on this website regarding installing the game and I found them very useful.

I would like to know a few extra things though:
1) If your client is not chinese, how do you communicate with the rest of the people on the server.
2) Do you generally have to speak chinese in order to raid (like, you take the mob on the left, I'll take the right - only in chinese)
3) In europe we have quite a lot of people who have given up on the game and you have a wide variety of people selling their old accounts for cheap. I was wondering if this would be an option here in china since I REALLY REALLY dont want to level a new char.

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Best Regards
Boogy
Krokro 
GolemGolem

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Biceps
Guild:

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeWed 7 Mar 2007 - 17:19  #
Well, its not as much a matter of tool as a matter of language. If you speak chinese, then you dont have problem to communicate. If you dont speak chinese, having access to the hanzi wont help you, will it. Some people here havent chinese version of the game so they cant communicate with local people easily. I suggest having the chinese version of wow, especially if you are not fond of lvling, you dont care the quests and their content. If you dont speak chinese at all, lets say you have a big problem for raiding or anything else in game.

At last, here is the motherland of all gold farmers!! you can have your characters at lvl 60 in a few days, a lot of advertisements for that purpose (dont ask me how though, i have never done that).
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Server: TW
Name: noobcake
Guild:

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar 2007 - 4:17  #
1) If your client is not chinese, how do you communicate with the rest of the people on the server.

--> You can play with an english or any other client and read/write chinese. It just needs a few tweaks explained in the FAQ section of the boards.If you have a client already installed with a version higher than 1.12, you will have to reinstall because the servers are in 1.12.3 here.

2) Do you generally have to speak chinese in order to raid (like, you take the mob on the left, I'll take the right - only in chinese)

--> 100% of the raid communication is done in chinese. The good raiding guilds are very competitive and they will not wait for you if you don't understand. Anyways, as you must be very familiar with the pre TBC instances, i guess you will have no problem. The only difference is that chinese guilds use bug abuse a lot in order to finish dungeons fast. Depending on the guilds, but i would say 30% of the bosses are killed using bugs. So, it could be better for you if you have a few english speaking raiding mates.

3) In europe we have quite a lot of people who have given up on the game and you have a wide variety of people selling their old accounts for cheap. I was wondering if this would be an option here in china since I REALLY REALLY dont want to level a new char.

--> character selling is a big business here. It goes from the 2000RMB T3 tank to the few hundreds ungeared lvl60. I personally never bought characters so i don't know the process... I am curently taking a break and waiting for TBC. I have a few lvl60 Smile Maybe we can talk further in PM lol...
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar 2007 - 4:43  #
characters sell for less.
ungeared lvl 60 you can have for less than a hundred.
you can have "Luna" (a character of a friend, for a reference to deadanus) who don't need MC runs anymore and has about half T2 for about 200 RMB. not more.
it depends on class and on the per case basis. usually i have seen them for far less. on the other hand, i didn't see as much char trading as in europe, for example.

having the english client, doesn't preventyou form communicating in chinese. it HELPS.
basically, beause you just need enough chinese to communicate with the people, but not enough to understand the quests. all YOUR game is english, and you understand every little bit and every drop and so on. still you read / write chinese characters with folks in chat. Wanna talk about a specific object? post the itemlink (when they click it it appears in chinese for them and vice versa), or do like me when i dont have the link: "you know, that drop from this boss. the thing a rogue would hold in his left hand."
people know. if you get lucky, you have a few more or less fairly well english speaking guildmates who will translate for you once in a while.
if you get into a good raiding guild, they will in most cases use voice chat as an option, so if you can speak (usually you learn speaking wayyyyy faster than writing), you can communicate good for a start.
its a matter of how much effort you put into it. My written chinese came fast, due to wow, as i had a need for it.. hehehe.
once TBC hits here, quests and grouping willl be way easier, because finally i will be able to group the the little grouping tool / window that blizz included in 2.0.1 . so thats a + as well.

greetz and welcome.
PS: due to time differences (not all foreigners playing in china are living in china) and whatever other issues i never understood, you better learn chinese to raid, as our foreign friends here have still some trouble getting a regular raid going.
(sorry mates, but until you show me some screens of you guys raiding, be it even ZG, i will keep this opinion).

bye
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar 2007 - 8:34  #
selling rogue, good gear, not used, 10RMB and a mars chocolate bar...

OK, never mind Smile
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar 2007 - 9:20  #
5 RMB and a Twix and its a deal!
^^
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar 2007 - 10:08  #
any additionnal "special services" Smile ?
boogy 
CorpseCorpse

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar 2007 - 12:27  #
wow, you guys are really helpful and I very much appreciate it.
For the guys "advertising", I guess I should take an interest in what you guys offer. If you know any websites or char-trade places, it would also be helpful.

Also, for the comment regarding needing to know chinese to raid, I would agree that you need to learn chinese to raid. However, the future instances are 5 man to the highest one is 25 (in TBC). So it would seem more likely to get all-english speaking groups going when that happens.
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar 2007 - 13:16  #
For the moment, in most servers, english speaking people that can raid are very few...

In my server (which is also NAK server), we are several foreigners, but only 4 can raid and only 2 have a spot in a guild raid...
boogy 
CorpseCorpse

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar 2007 - 16:28  #
You have 5 mans in TBC and "heroic" 5 mans which is really good.
In your crafting you can make some really good epic item and then upgrade it from materials that drop from bosses in those 5 man instances.

All in all, the TBC allows smaller groups to continue playing the game and not quit over the fact they cant get into big guilds.
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar 2007 - 20:51  #
well, thats good news for the next holidays like october and chinese new year... hehe....
i will try to stick to some sweet people though, as we might actually get our server #1 raid going if we go on like this, for TBC esp.

on the other hand. good players are always welcome, and noone will refuse them as long as they come regular (not like zarda Sad ) and as long as they make the effort.

even IF you could 5 peeps to raid with, the sweet instances are, as you said, 25-man, and i mean, wow has some social aspect, be it at least to get enchants for free (hehehe), so learning some basic chinese would come in handy.

i repeat, you can catch up the basics to raid (instructional words) very very fast if you put a bit of effort. you will see the same sentences spammed in chat every 2 minutes, so it'll be easy to remember.

deadanus can't type in characters if his life depended on it. haha. he types in pinyin. but hell, its enough. he recognizes and understands a fair bit and people make the effort to understand his pinyin, wihch is great in return. so dont think it'll be a big barrier.
in this forum you have a big huge glossary of terms from wow, which in my opinion / experience, is way way too big. you need less than 1/4 of the stuff they translated.
i will post up in this thread tomorrow or so a excel file with the most common words i use in wow (besides me, you, he/she/it, etc). and its not much. with that i am able to have my day to day playtime and raid without problems.
that said i use more characters now. they just come slowly anyways. its a process over time. like levelling. Wink

PS: which server will or would you play on? pve or pvp? if you play on area 1 with the others, ask them for chars.
if you come play on server 4, tell me which class you might prefer and i will start ask around for people who have alts or chars. in greens/blues, i dont think it'll be hard to find. if you want the char epicced, a little harder, but doable.
otherwise, get one in blues, sell a few timecards in the game (30 rmb card = 500g) and do a few gold raids and gear. i despise that, but if you dont have the need to look into the mirror and know you have earned each piece, then you might as well save some raiding time and gear that way.

i off to sleep....

PS: Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear Neltharion's Tear .............
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeFri 9 Mar 2007 - 4:58  #
yesterday i learn the characters for "acid fish soup" (suan tang yu) Smile

I also did pull a 8.98 on Noth Smile

PS: GXGX nak Smile 10%+ on nef & 1337 dropage Smile
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeFri 9 Mar 2007 - 6:12  #
its worse than 1337.....
that trinket + the ring from naxx is giving me the kick that i was missing from 1R mages. Muahahaha..... ph33R the pow4 of Frozt.

time for a "cool" mage (ok, that sentence was lame).

anyways, i hope to get some TAQ drop tonight, but i actually have something VERY important to do, i will leave even the office for it.

my life is about to change, and depending of what happens today, i might have to stop WoW even. That idea hurts me.

The next week i am in Qingdao from Monday - Thursday, maybe even Friday. so I will try to raid from netbars in the evenings, but i will have tight working schedule so i can raid too late, and i hope the ping will still be fine.
We'll see.

Now i have to go and see if i can get my life back. my former life as i have known it for a long time. I found something out, and it prevented me from sleeping all night.

Wonders happen.

Bisoux, today is a wonderful day.
boogy 
CorpseCorpse

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeFri 9 Mar 2007 - 11:22  #
Naklin wrote:

PS: which server will or would you play on? pve or pvp? if you play on area 1 with the others, ask them for chars.
if you come play on server 4, tell me which class you might prefer and i will start ask around for people who have alts or chars. in greens/blues, i dont think it'll be hard to find. if you want the char epicced, a little harder, but doable.
otherwise, get one in blues, sell a few timecards in the game (30 rmb card = 500g) and do a few gold raids and gear. i despise that, but if you dont have the need to look into the mirror and know you have earned each piece, then you might as well save some raiding time and gear that way.

Well, I"ll give abit of an intro about myself to answer that one.
I have a 70 warrior on a european server. I have rank 13 and didnt get 14 coz I needed to find a job after 3-4 weeks of non stop grinding (back before the tokens came out). I have a wintersaber frostsaber (which is ridiculos grinding).
Here are some pics http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs413&d=07105&f=myui.jpg
http://xs413.xs.to/xs413/07105/WoWScrnShot_021607_181047.jpg

So I feel very strongly that I grinded enough and I also am less inhibitted to pay a few kuai for something that takes me hours to get.

I would prefer a pvp realm, I think, and would like to know if anyone has an available orc\nelf hunter or whichever shaman (engineering would be a plus). I dont want to reroll a warrior since I feel that they have been severly nerfed in TBC and would rather take a class thats far less gear dependent.
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2007 - 3:23  #
come to our realm Smile

It's PVP Smile
Krokro 
GolemGolem

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Biceps
Guild:

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2007 - 7:27  #
boogy wrote:
I have a wintersaber frostsaber
damn i didnt think it was possible unless being a nojob nogirl nolife! That is, its my favourite mount, far away from ZUG raptor or the paladin's charger. How long did it take you to get it?
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2007 - 8:42  #
well, according to him it took him long enough to never ever want to grind in wow again.
LOL.

you like pvp? AND you might buy a 60? come to us, catch up on chinese and use the fase of now + TBC out and everyone until lvl70. at 70, the true raids will emerge again and reformed with the right people to be added. if you got basic chinese up until then, i wouldn't see any problem for a fair endgame guild.

^^

i will check for a hunter . shammy.
should be possible and less expensive like a full geared tank.
engineering.... i levelled that to 300 with my lvl 40 hunter in 2 hours, thanks to the AH and the guildmates supplying most mats after i didn't stop shouting on guildchan... lol
boogy 
CorpseCorpse

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2007 - 11:28  #
Thanks guys, I really do appreciate all the help.

I am studying chinese now in BLCU (in beijing). I am in my second semester here, so I theortically should be "ok", I'm just very self conscious about my chinese and also the chinese fonts in the screen shots I've seen on this website is very small for me to read.
So hopefully with some practise, I should be ok.

P.S. the winterspring mount took me 4 months to grind for. Not that I grinded everyday for it. I just did the qs when I needed to grind for money (like I thought why not do two things at once).
And then at some point I started to take it seriously over the course of 4-5 weeks.
Altho.. its pretty much pointless now coz in europe everyone has flying mounts -__-
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2007 - 17:22  #
i got chars for you, probably.
but you should check your ping to server 4.

on a side note: i have not edited / deleted my posts from this thread because i dont want to. should any of these posts in this thread offend anyone, make you feel uncomfortable or make you feel unhappy in any way, please PM me, and i will remove them.
thank you for your kind attention.
ownage 

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2007 - 18:56  #
You should becafeful with those bought characters, some of them *may* be stolent. And in china if you wanna play wow you will HAVE to register with a local chinese national ID number.

These ID numbers CAN be generated with an ID generator that available through downloads but I STRONGLY advise against doing so. because if ANY one possess your ID they will be able to get you account and there's nothing you can do about it.

I suspect that's how I got my old account stolent, but I'm using my gf's ID number now and therefore untouchable even if the char. got stolent again through trojan and the likes.

p.s. DON'T use internet explorer, use firefox.
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2007 - 19:09  #
i do not offer a stolen char... its a guildies chars who wont play anymore. chinese names though. Sad

use real passport IDs from china. you need to give the ID to the9 when tyou have trouble with your account / char or if you char gots stolen / deleted and you want a rollback (once per year). they will not give you your passport oid numebr ever again, nor by email nor phone nor fax nor anything. so do NOT forget it and keep it safe. this is the only REAL proof of authenticity they use to determine you are the real owner of that account.

NEVER use internet explorer to login to the9 stuff. its OVERtrojanized, especially with an average internet user. be very careful. firefox is not the salvation, but its a good mile ahead of there, compared to internet explorer. use that, if you can.

also, the9 refuses now ALL account support (stolen, deleted, abused, hijacked), if you are NOT using the matrix grid scheme for login. so i recommend you guys enable the matrix grid thingie and get a card for it.

i wont post more details, as i am not sure wether my "tone" will be right or make anyone uncomfortable. therefore,

if questions needed, help, or suggestions, PM me. i will Private Message you back a full post with screenshots and instructions about the matrix card and about up to date rules on account policy by the 9. anyone feel free to ask. just do it with a PM, please.

sorry for the inconvenience.
ownage 

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar 2007 - 0:06  #
I wasn't accusing, if I sounded that way then I sincerely apologise. Just that my char. on aodelanke got stolent and it was painful, real painful so I don't want any of you guys experience what I had to experience.

What naklin said is true, if you got problems and you don't have the national ID that was used to register the account then you're fucked. My friend helped me with mine way back before the server was even online and he used a ID generator when my account got stolent......well you know the rest....so if you register with a friend's ID or buy an account-remember to ask for the ID<----very important.

To be safe get some firewall like zonealarm install and scan for virus regularly.
Sainan 
RaptorRaptor

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Server: region 4 澳得兰克
Name: Sainan
Guild:

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2007 - 17:07  #
Raiding: You can raid with raiding guilds if you know what you a re doing. Lets face it, it's not to hard to gank the same mob as all the others. Then again, it helps if you speak Chinese and log on to the chinese teamspeak called .. hrmm .. I forgot ..

Communication: Since most of us don't speak/write chinese we can not talk to them. very few speak english. As for the signs, you can fix the client so you can play in english and still see the Signs. Search for posts by Naklim, he explained it once.

Leveling: No idea if they sell them. Chinese people sell most things so I am SURE you can buy a level 60, though I dont know how. There are at least services that will level a char for you, though that might be slightly more expensive.

Ref Char transfere from EU. I tried getting blizzard to move my pre-BC level 60 from EU to China. After 4-5 mails where they misunderstood my question (who are these people, how hard can it be to udnerstand a simple question) I finally got to a Blizzard rep that understood. He told me "No, you can not transfere chars from EU to China".

About chars in EU. I have had so mych trouble logging on to the EU account. It seems they actively block chinese IP's from logging in to EU realms to avoid goldfarming. What you can do, for kicks and giggles, is rent out your char to chinese farmers, sell it in EU or try to get some chinese EU-gold-farmer to swap you a handfull of level 60is of your choise for the EU char. They play by-proxy but you gotta be chinese to accept that.

Leveling a new dude is not that hard really. It will be level 60 when BC comes out together with the rest. At our PvP realm we are now about 12-14 active players, enough to do normal endgame raids and once BC comes out we will be big enough to do the new instances.

Sainan

Last edited by on Thu 5 Apr 2007 - 17:51; edited 1 time in total
Sainan 
RaptorRaptor

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Server: region 4 澳得兰克
Name: Sainan
Guild:

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2007 - 17:44  #
Naklin wrote:
i
NEVER use internet explorer to login to the9 stuff. its OVERtrojanized, especially with an average internet user. be very careful. firefox is not the salvation, but its a good mile ahead of there, compared to internet explorer. use that, if you can..

Oops ... To late, that's how I fill up my account. On a side note, please post the matrix card shit somewhere on teh FAQ or on the realm page. I would like to get one

S

(Check you PM, Ill gladly buy Luna)
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2007 - 20:41  #
Quote :
you can have "Luna" (a character of a friend, for a reference to deadanus) who don't need MC runs anymore and has about half T2 for about 200 RMB. not more.

That was an EXAMPLE. thats why i wrote (for a reference to DA, because he mentionned prices and if i take a NAMEd char, he will have a reference of the gear i am more or less talking about, without listing it...

i can get you a char, by asking around. shouldn't be hard. as far a luna goes. never. sorry. either i continue to do her good, or lulu comes back with TBC for a smaller, better (just us sam minded HC raiding peeps... you know who we are, lulu... Wink ) raid / guild and more fun and getting a still up to date geared char back, or she goes into hybernation again. but... can't....sell...... luna.....

its like selling the pope (least for me). i have an admiration and an attachment and utter respect for the char.
if you want a raid capable / geared rogue, i'll check around for you. np. just not lulu. sorrz, mate
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr 2007 - 20:42  #
PS: matrix card... will post thing about it....

about internet explorer.... its just a suggestion. if you use it form home.. should be ok.... still just (even for other things than wow)... its incredibly flawed... i can writea book about it.

i'll get the matrix tutorialrunning.
Keltax 
CorpseCorpse

Male Age : 38

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitimeSat 28 Apr 2007 - 9:18  #
Hey Naklin, You got anymore friends with characters? I am in the same predicament. I am in the same position as boogy and I dont want to have to relevel all the way to 60 but I also dont really trust the whole power leveling service thing, especially since that just screams "rip off the foreigner" to me. I'd be willing to pay, and I dont need good gear, just a 60 male character.
Sponsored content 

Migrating _
  Migrating I_icon_minitime  #

Migrating

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com