Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Trouble getting WoW to work on Chiese Client

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Guts 
CritterCritter

Trouble getting WoW to work on Chiese Client _
  Trouble getting WoW to work on Chiese Client I_icon_minitimeFri 8 Apr 2011 - 19:22  #
I'm in Chongqing, trying to get WoW running. However my PC is a MAC so the route in which I'm trying to go is playing at the local internet bars. I have an account made and time purchased.

Where I am getting confused is getting the game to actually play in English. I've followed the guide posted in the forums, but still having some difficulty. I have to patch back to the initial WoW verision 3.0, I think, then have to patch back up to the current versin running in China.

This is where I get confused, because the once I patch up completely the game doesnt recogize my account. Also, I find that if I restart the computer, I have to go througth all the patches again! The download time alone comes down to hours of time so it complicates the process beyond belief. Who wants to sit and download a file for 2 hours just to begin to play.

So any suggestions, please I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Trouble getting WoW to work on Chiese Client I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr 2011 - 6:21  #
Guts did you check the guide in the technical forum, the process is explained precisely.

Now, one thing I didn't understand. You are trying to modify the client at an internet bar? If that's the case just forget about playing in english there.

I'd say you got quiet a few alternatives if you are a mac user, which are:

1. Play wow Taiwan since they are on the same versions than europe and US

2. Or install bootcamp and run windows on dualboot, you can even play wow on Linux if you'd like to.

My two cents.
Guts 
CritterCritter

Trouble getting WoW to work on Chiese Client I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr 2011 - 7:09  #
Thanks for your advice. I was mostly hoping someone had found a quick trick to modify the game in the net bar.

I'll give boot camp a try, seems like the easier method.

Thanks anyways!
Sponsored content 

Trouble getting WoW to work on Chiese Client I_icon_minitime  #

Trouble getting WoW to work on Chiese Client

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com