Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Just Making Sure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MiantiaoJiangJun 
MurlocMurloc

Male Location : Guangxi

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 11:05  #
Ok, it has been about 2.5 years since I lasted played and am getting back in. I will be on the shanghai/guangdong servers.

I want to make sure
1. I can have some toons a PVE area, and differnt toons a different PVP without having two accounts. This was how is was when is was playing earlier in the US. Just making sure.

2. I tried to log in for the first time and it told me to download the level 4 patches...is this happening to other people. (i have been downloading for a week now and really really want to play.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 11:12  #
1. yes same than US.

2. Did you patch to 3.3.5.a? That was they first part. Now you gotta check this guide : https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/t1730-towowcn-updated-for-335#15897
MiantiaoJiangJun 
MurlocMurloc

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 11:24  #
I patched to 3.3.5a, did step 2.

I think I did step 3. I am not exactly sure what it entails. If you could explain like you are talking to a 5 year old that is about my computer level sadly.

Step 4 about downloading the fonts. I maid a file in my folder named Wow, that is named Fonts.....but I can't get the Download to start.

bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 13:30  #
for step 3 once you extract the file on your wow folder you go into it and click the TOwowCN3.5.5.xxxxx.bat

then select the PATCH option. Select the game local of your client in the list, like enUS if you have the us client and then make sure to let the batch run until it says the patching process was complete.

After that you can logon the game.

for the fonts i don't know, will see if i can find a mirror download.
MiantiaoJiangJun 
MurlocMurloc

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 13:52  #
I am going to take the fact i do not have TOwowCN3.5.5.xxxxx.bat

as either I did something wrong or i did it manually by accident.

I downloaded a client, and every patch until 3.3.5a using the link you provided when i first asked. (used that download manager program too)

then hit every patch and it seemed to update the client (some took 2 seconds some took 30 minutes)

bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 14:21  #
the xxxxx = a number. x caus i don t remember which one.
MiantiaoJiangJun 
MurlocMurloc

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 15:38  #
I do not have any files ending in bat.

also I thought it was 3.3.5a not 3.5.5 (the sticky says 3.3.5a s that is where I stopped.) Is there a 3.5.5 or is it a typo?

all my patches read like Wow-3.3.3.11685-to-3.3.3.11723-enUS-patch

last one is 3.3.5.12213-3.3.5.12340

every time I try to log in, it keeping telling me to upload the patch from 3.3.5xxxx-4.0.0.0 (and it trys to upload it on its own, then i stop it)
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 17:00  #
Looks like ur little confused, the file bolo talks about is not an official patch it modifies ur wow client to be able to play on the Chinese server. You can find the file in the sticky on how to play in china in ur own language. Yes bolo made a typo it's 3.3.5 12340 what you need on ur eu client before u use the batch file from bolo!! After u apply it u can login and play on the Chinese server make sure u join alterac vally for a big expat society!
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 17:32  #
my mistake that was 3.3.5.a i meant not 3.5.5, mistyped. For the files you can t see the extension caus of your folder settings. take the habit to watch your folders in detail mode. you'll have a row for extension type then.

The icon of the .bat (batch) also look like an executable.

Worst case double-click the file with TOwowCN3.3.5.xxxxx and see what happens, doing so will not (often) push your computer to jump off the windows.
MiantiaoJiangJun 
MurlocMurloc

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitimeMon 4 Jul 2011 - 17:56  #
Stich....I love you. That cleared up days of download based confusion.

Now for another question (sorry I have so many issues)
I click on the sticky for Playing WOw in China in my own Language. Then chose the option with a batch option. The link in step 1 takes me here http://www.wow-patch.in/content/wow-client-3.0.1.php

I have downloaded most things on that link. I will spend a while double checking everything. (maybe it corrupted and didn't load)

if that is the right website what is the name of the file that adapts WOW to be played on Chinese servers. ( i thought it was odd that everything was in English despite me still not being able to download the FONTS file)_
WoWLaoWai 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Usul / Laowai
Guild: Cow Eaters / Expatriate

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2011 - 3:18  #
July 12th, your going to need a 4.x.x client-- heads up.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2011 - 3:50  #
Ok miantian. Let's take our time.

So Higher in this thread you said you said your client was patched at 3.3.5.a and you were at step 3.

So first of all, start your client (not via the launcher but the wow.exe file). When you arrive at the login screen check the bottom left of your screen and make sure you see 3.3.5.xxxxx(or it might be 3.3.5.a either way) . If that's the case it means you patched successfully, if that's not the case you gotta install the missing patches.

So your client is at the right version and now it is time to apply the fix to play on chinese servers. so

Download http://www.gamefront.com/files/20318169/TOwowCN3.3.5.13930.rar and extract it into your /wow folder. To do so simple copy the archive in your wow folder, right-click it and select extract here.

Now you'll notice the archive extracted a new folder called TOwowCN3.3.5.13930, so go into this folder. Now execute TOwowCN3.3.5.13930.bat (or TOwowCN3.3.5.13930 if you don't see extensions) and follow the instructions.

Once in the batch you'll have some menus. You'll choose the PATCH option, then select the local of your client (enUS for us client, enGB for UK). Then let it run till it says it's done.

Then you can play the game.
Sponsored content 

Just Making Sure _
  Just Making Sure I_icon_minitime  #

Just Making Sure

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Communities by area :: Shanghai 上海 CN1, CN5 / Guangdong CN10 -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com