Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

3.3.5 modified client to 4.0.1 problems--

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
WoWLaoWai 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Usul / Laowai
Guild: Cow Eaters / Expatriate

3.3.5 modified client to 4.0.1 problems-- _
  3.3.5 modified client to 4.0.1 problems-- I_icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 15:44  #
Ok, so I try to revert my client and it says "success" but when I click the exe it still has the chinese "wow 1-wow 8" and still lists my realm in Chinese. So, it looks a lot like the chinese Exe. When I try to enter the game it begins to patch, so I cancelled that, I can't tell whats going on.

Second, I tried to use the downloadmanager from downloadmanger.org and it says my download is 100% but only downloaded 1.8 of 4g for the first patch. When I try to resume it, it says it's all good and stops.

Seems I have to try again, I'm getting tired of trying again and again. My original US client has been patched all the way to 4.0.2 when it said it was going to patch it to 4.0.1 the fucking bastards.

So, I'm going to start downloading that patch again-- but I'm not sure my client is going to accept it, I really hope so.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

3.3.5 modified client to 4.0.1 problems-- I_icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 16:15  #
Wow that sounded complicated, I'm not sure I understand everything.

maybe come on the guild YY 68589713
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

3.3.5 modified client to 4.0.1 problems-- I_icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 16:47  #
Ok tried to make sense of what I read.

1. For the Restore problem, I'm not sure. It's possible you used the PATCH option instead of INCREMENTAL at some points which replaced your backups with new backups of the chinese wow.exe you were using. Worst case downgrade and repatch to 3.3.5.a. I'm using the batch since the beginning (since I have to test it) and all my backups are fine. Looks like misuse to me. Just to make sure go watch in your wow folder if you see some wow.exe.bak or wow.exe.enUS. that was supposed to be the original files.

If the client try to patch it means the realmlist.wtf restored just fine. So it s trying to connect on the us server and detect an update.

Another thing. you talk about patches 4.0.1 and 4.0.2. We will have to patch to 4.1.a so you are still fine imo. But again... why are you trying to patch now. If you still insist into doing it you have to follow this thread https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/t2056-guide-to-patching-wow-from-355-to-41-foreign-client

2. For the download manager I don't know. I downloaded mine on fileplanet just fine http://www.fileplanet.com/216770/210000/fileinfo/World-of-Warcraft-Patch-v3.3.5a---v4.0.1
A special thing with fileplanet is that they generate download links who expire after a given frame of time. So to resume it you need to renew the download link. Means you have to go through the website again. Just clicking Start download in the download manager won't resume it caus the link u used is already expired.

Goodluck
Sponsored content 

3.3.5 modified client to 4.0.1 problems-- I_icon_minitime  #

3.3.5 modified client to 4.0.1 problems--

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Technical support -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com