Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Barrax 
HarpyHarpy
Barrax

Character in WOW
Server: Alterac Mountain
Name: Barrax / SideShowBob
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices _
  Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:04  #
Hello everyone,

I am stationed in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China now due to business.
Used to be a fan of wow back in the states.
PVP only, have 2600+ war/feral/ret

I ping about 300-400 on average playing on US servers under China telecom, but recently I switched to Unicom and now the game is shooting 500-800 ping average which is unplayable for pvp.

I stumbled across this community on google and have a few questions

1. in the sticky CN1 server is located in Shanghai, will my ping be ok playing from Shenzhen?
2. I've read that the China version of the game is highly censored such as gore/blood etc, does it impact your game experience?
3. What version of cata is China wow running?
4. Is the cn1 guild pvp active? I mean at least getting the weekly conquest points capped through 8 arena wins

Thanks much for the help
funkyging 
FelhoundFelhound

Character in WOW
Server: alterac
Name: Berilac
Guild: crazy waigorens

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:17  #
1.) noone can say for certain im afraid as everyones connection is different. You could make a trial account and log into see what its like.
2.) Its not that censored to be fair not that ive noticed anyway. Skeletons are little gravestones, undead look more liek blue humans. that all ive noticed so far
3.) wow CN cata is on 4.1.14250
4.) theres a bunch of us pvping quite often. 1 more matchand ill have the paly holy mace

Therse usually about 20-25 people online most nights so theres choices to do most of the things
Barrax 
HarpyHarpy
Barrax

Character in WOW

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:25  #
Thanks for the heads up ill create a trial account 1st to see my ping.

As I saw there is a thread below about Unicom users pinging too high on telecom server (alterac)

Patches streaming now and hopefully I will be able to join you.... without lag XD
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:27  #
Hi and welcome on the forum

1. you gotta create an account and test by yourself, it's always a sort of hit or miss (ISP etc etc), but I think we got ppl playing from shenzen with good ping, worst case you can use a tunneling service for 25rmb a month.
Just note that you ll need a chinese friend to lend you his ID if you wanna create an account on mainland. Also you probably already checked but some reported they had good ping playing on oceanic servers, if time lag isn't an issue for you.

2. Since we modify our clients to play on Chinese realms we don't get the censored stuff. But even a censored client is just fine, unless bones are important for you.

3. 4.1.a

4. Guild on CN1 alterac is the most active atm. We have 2 10man group for PVE, and there s a lot of ppl available for PVP if that's your thing.

Hope this help

Edit: too slow huh?
Barrax 
HarpyHarpy
Barrax

Character in WOW

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011 - 9:35  #
bolomas wrote:
Hi and welcome on the forum

1. you gotta create an account and test by yourself, it's always a sort of hit or miss (ISP etc etc), but I think we got ppl playing from shenzen with good ping, worst case you can use a tunneling service for 25rmb a month.
Just note that you ll need a chinese friend to lend you his ID if you wanna create an account on mainland. Also you probably already checked but some reported they had good ping playing on oceanic servers, if time lag isn't an issue for you.

2. Since we modify our clients to play on Chinese realms we don't get the censored stuff. But even a censored client is just fine, unless bones are important for you.

3. 4.1.a

4. Guild on CN1 alterac is the most active atm. We have 2 10man group for PVE, and there s a lot of ppl available for PVP if that's your thing.

Hope this help

Edit: too slow huh?

Thanks for the reply,

Sadly oceanic servers are also located in the US, why bliz? x.x

I am not really a techie person so I am just gonna use the normal china wow client w/ locales etc like in the sticky.

Also just found that I can't transfer my US server chars here, so I'll have to roll fresh.
I will miss my epic ruthless set /cry
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011 - 11:08  #
well i totally recommand you to save yourself the trouble and take the 5min you ll need to read this guide https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/t2122-cataclysm-4114250-fix-best-solution-so-far#19777 and fix your english client. If you got a US 4.2 it s really a minor twink, and you are in game.
Beats 
CorpseCorpse

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011 - 18:56  #
I wanted to take the oportunity to ask , me and a friend want to join alterac soon , and i was wondering if the guild can temporarily help us out with bags and we will repay back asap.

Sorry if you consider this an abuse, its still cool if you cant

still in it for the fun

Beats

danceclub
funkyging 
FelhoundFelhound

Character in WOW

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011 - 19:06  #
of course we will
Beats 
CorpseCorpse

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011 - 19:37  #
thnx a lot funky! , one last question, hows lat from shanghai? do we lag in 40man raid?

Beats

danceclub
Barrax 
HarpyHarpy
Barrax

Character in WOW

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 3:49  #
guys I got the fix to work, however the font download is not working for me, so the select server screen list are full of ?

Can someone send the font.rar to me via PM?

and where do i extract it?
irrelevance 
KoboldKobold
irrelevance

Male Location : Guangzhou

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克
Name: Irrelevance

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 4:03  #
Hi I play from Guangzhou, Guangdong and on Alterac I get about 30ms.
Barrax 
HarpyHarpy
Barrax

Character in WOW

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 4:26  #
guys i got in, but under Unicom internet i am pinging 230 home 800+ world on Alterac (telecom) server Sad, is there anything i can do like a proxy ? I don't want to play on unicom server with no one i can talk to
Barrax 
HarpyHarpy
Barrax

Character in WOW

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 5:52  #
i solved the problem with a proxy, ping ok now

still need the fonts.zip anyone can send it me via PM?
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 6:17  #
you can dl the fonts at this address http://www.filefront.com/17325058/Fonts.rar
Barrax 
HarpyHarpy
Barrax

Character in WOW

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 6:31  #
the link works but when i go to download it times out
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 7:41  #
found another one megaupload.com/?d=7TU46XV2
funkyging 
FelhoundFelhound

Character in WOW

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 7:45  #
I play from shihua which is about 40 miles South west of shanghai nad im looking at 20-30ms most of the time
Barrax 
HarpyHarpy
Barrax

Character in WOW

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 12:06  #
got it to work thanks all
Beats 
CorpseCorpse

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Aug 2011 - 5:20  #
Me and a friend have everything set up to start at alterac, just wanted to ask if the guild is in need of certain classes? We just want whats best for the guild =)

Beats

danceclub
Warmaster_Blackhorn 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
Warmaster_Blackhorn

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: Alterac澳得兰克 / Arygos亚雷戈斯
Name: Blackhorn, Scribbler, Whitehorn
Guild: Crazy Waiguorens

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Aug 2011 - 6:20  #
Hey Beats,

Just pick your favourite class. There are enough Crazy Waiguorens playing each class to ensure that you can play whatever class you want.

Blackhorn
Sponsored content 

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices I_icon_minitime  #

Possible new WoW china player seeking advices

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com