Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
proudfall 
CritterCritter

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. _
  Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr 2012 - 13:58  #
Hi,

I'm british and i'm bored of the US/EU realms so i've decided to change to the Taiwanese realms now but i'm not 100% sure of how to go by doing this, so I thought this place might be worth a try Very Happy

So I have a few questions and I hope that someone can answer them Smile

1. Do chinese/taiwanese pay for expansions or is it just buying playtime?

2. What file do I move from the US client to the Taiwanese client? I have already updated my realmlist to:

set realmlist tw.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch
set realmlistbn ""
set portal tw

3. How can I play the client in english? So the NPC's and the text is english?

4. Do I need the Taiwanese client?

Thanks Smile

Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr 2012 - 16:17  #
G'day to you Proudfall!

1. Chinese players do not buy expansions. The expansions are registered into their accounts but you need to pay when creating the account. As for Taiwanese players, I think they have to buy the expansions first.

2. Nothing else to modify! However, you need to download Fonts and extract them into your WoW folder to be able to see Chinese in game.

3. Yes, everything will be english, except for the players' names or chat channels in cities.

4. Not really, no.

If you need more information on the installation itself for WoW Taiwan, please read this.

Cheers,

Uru.
Klintonix 
DragonmawDragonmaw
Klintonix

Male Age : 35

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 奥特兰克 (Alterac)
Name: Klintonix
Guild:

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr 2012 - 17:45  #
Urubaen wrote:
G'day to you Proudfall!

1. Chinese players do not buy expansions. The expansions are registered into their accounts but you need to pay when creating the account. As for Taiwanese players, I think they have to buy the expansions first.

Nope. The account creation is the same as on CN Battlenet. I got a TW account and I received all expansions while creating the account.

The only difference is that in Chinese WoW you can buy 2000 or 4000 minutes of gametime while on Taiwanese there are 3 options: 30 hours of playtime (not counting being offline), 1 month and 3 months; those last two are like monthly subscriptions on EU/US and your gametime will countdown when you're offline.
proudfall 
CritterCritter

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr 2012 - 21:28  #
Hmm, thanks for your information guys.

On the taiwanese account setup, the NID area... what can I put in, it's not letting me leave it blank.

Thanks
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr 2012 - 4:14  #
Klintonix 
DragonmawDragonmaw
Klintonix

Character in WOW
Guild:

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr 2012 - 14:18  #
Uru, I think the guide to create a TW account is kinda obsolete.
Now it looks completely different and you can choose English or any other language during account creation.
Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. Twwow11
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr 2012 - 15:12  #
Damn it! Avanti update your guide!
Klintonix 
DragonmawDragonmaw
Klintonix

Character in WOW
Guild:

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr 2012 - 16:04  #
StiXx wrote:
Hey Guys

I just recieved PM for Ryuukun with some problem with creating taiwan accounts. For one the old page linked above is not working anymore its now this: https://tw.battle.net/account/creation/tos.html

Which is in English which is good Smile
What is not good is that to create an accound you now need a'n NID (National ID card no).

So just as a Head's up for those trying to make an account on Taiwan servers.

Avanti did mention about the new account creation site, but I think the old one in the guide can be a bit misleading for people visiting it for the first time.
Paul_PS 
CorpseCorpse

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeSat 5 May 2012 - 21:12  #
Hi guys. I am studying Chinese (at present residing in China) and want to take the chance of practising in Chinese using wow. But as I do not have a Chinese friend yet, I am going play at TW server. My question is - can I use Simplified Chinese wow client to play at TW server? Thanks.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeSun 6 May 2012 - 4:25  #
Paul_PS wrote:
My question is - can I use Simplified Chinese wow client to play at TW server? Thanks.

Yes, you can. You just need to change the realmlist ( found in WoW/Data/cnCN) to the taiwanese one.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeSun 6 May 2012 - 5:36  #
Urubaen wrote:
Paul_PS wrote:
My question is - can I use Simplified Chinese wow client to play at TW server? Thanks.

Yes, you can. You just need to change the realmlist ( found in WoW/Data/cnCN) to the taiwanese one.

Little precision, you can, as long as version match, so if mainland update after taiwan you can't use this client.

Also china got unique launcher updates other region doesn't have, so keep a taiwanese client nearby for files exchange just in case.
Paul_PS 
CorpseCorpse

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeSun 6 May 2012 - 8:12  #
bolomas wrote:
Urubaen wrote:
Paul_PS wrote:

Little precision, you can, as long as version match, so if mainland update after taiwan you can't use this client.

Also china got unique launcher updates other region doesn't have, so keep a taiwanese client nearby for files exchange just in case.

Got it, thanks. At present do the Mainland and TW versions (patches) match?
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeSun 6 May 2012 - 10:12  #
yeah so far it matches. But might be unconvienent in the futur. Try to get a mainland ID, having everyone typing traditional chinese doesn't help a lot with your chinese learning there.

Also be careful if someone from the forum offer you an ID, we had a case of scam not so long ago. Always sucks to start a char over.
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Male Age : 37

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP)
Name: Avanti
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2012 - 10:49  #
Urubaen wrote:
Damn it! Avanti update your guide!

Klintonix wrote:
StiXx wrote:
Hey Guys

I just recieved PM for Ryuukun with some problem with creating taiwan accounts. For one the old page linked above is not working anymore its now this: https://tw.battle.net/account/creation/tos.html

Which is in English which is good Smile
What is not good is that to create an accound you now need a'n NID (National ID card no).

So just as a Head's up for those trying to make an account on Taiwan servers.

Avanti did mention about the new account creation site, but I think the old one in the guide can be a bit misleading for people visiting it for the first time.

You got served, Sir!
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeMon 7 May 2012 - 12:10  #
Klintonix wrote:
Klintonix wrote:

Klintonix wrote:
the old one the guide can be a bit misleading

Klintonix wrote:
the guide can be a bit misleading

Klintonix wrote:
misleading

Stixx wrote:
You just got served, sir!

Refer to,

Urubaen wrote:
Damn it Avanti! Update your guide

Muahahahaha!
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeWed 9 May 2012 - 13:16  #
Urubaen wrote:
Klintonix wrote:
Klintonix wrote:

Klintonix wrote:
the old one the guide can be a bit misleading

Klintonix wrote:
the guide can be a bit misleading

Klintonix wrote:
misleading

Stixx wrote:
You just got served, sir!

Refer to,

Urubaen wrote:
Damn it Avanti! Update your guide

Muahahahaha!

I know you miss leading uru, once your gear is good you can give it another go Smile
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012 - 21:07  #
StiXx wrote:
I know you miss leading uru, once your gear is good you can give it another go Smile

Klintonix wrote:
misleading

Neutral
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Character in WOW

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeThu 10 May 2012 - 21:55  #
miss leading
Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Fluberwinter

Male Age : 29

Character in WOW
Name: Wushu/Thron
Guild: The Crazy Waiguoren

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 17:48  #
StiXx wrote:
miss leading

miss leading

(A little salt ina little wound. Twisted Evil )
shifty_ 
CritterCritter

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012 - 22:12  #
realm 銀翼要塞 is where a huge Alliance English speaking plays on

The guild is called The English Guild, level 25, pvp and raiding.
Klintonix 
DragonmawDragonmaw
Klintonix

Character in WOW
Guild:

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012 - 22:19  #
There is also Coffeenottea on 憤怒使者, the biggest English, active Alliance guild on WoW TW.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Character in WOW

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012 - 23:11  #
This is an old thread guys; the OP must've already gotten his response. I'm going to lock this.
Sponsored content 

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms. I_icon_minitime  #

Hello, i'm starting on the Taiwanese realms.

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Communities by area :: Taiwan 台灣 realms -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com