Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

If you have ever built your own Computer, Look at this:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Chobbes 
CorpseCorpse
Chobbes

Male Location : USA

Character in WOW
Server: 6/黑翼之巢
Name: Chobbes
Guild:

If you have ever built your own Computer, Look at this: _
  If you have ever built your own Computer, Look at this: I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2007 - 1:29  #
This is by far the funniest forum I have ever been to:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/computer-working-ftopict173814.html

Some insanely stupid person is trying to rebuild an old computer and is asking for advice on how to overclock it.

Chobbes
Krokro 
GolemGolem

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Biceps
Guild:

If you have ever built your own Computer, Look at this: I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Jan 2007 - 7:28  #
if you think this one is funny, try this one (unfortunately its a french one): you understand everything just with the name; it could have been called rogerpc.com or bernardpc.com but no, its simply jackypc.com Rolling Eyes

anyway it must be more funny than the official forum of wow (damn i hate these forums full of whiners...) Evil or Very Mad
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

If you have ever built your own Computer, Look at this: I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2007 - 4:28  #
I might be wrong, but the guys at jacky PC are Case-Modders and refitters of PCs. For a french group in Paris, i'd even say they do a veeeeeeeeeeeery good job. And as I played with most of them in my home Quake 3 RA and we invited them to have their corner at Lan-Arena / Lig-Arena, they are far from being d*ckweeds like the thread at tomshardware.
Tomshardware is a German group of people (students from Giessen, initially) who started to test hardware and compare it, for the fun and the tech advancements. They became better and more profressional, using Univerity facilities and had access to a good Lab. After that, they even called the manufacturers in order to directly get the newest models of hardware to test. Most of the manufacturers were already sending their hardware to them for free though, as their newsletter & website grew incredibly popular, due to the knowledge of what they were doing and the fact they delivered very good reports on hardware, that everyone could understand.
You should not fogret, it was the guys from Tom's that built the world's first 1Ghz PC from parts available to the public, together with cryolabs, The CryoG. (cooling it with a compressor off a freezer directly attached to the CPU (I am not joking)). They overclocked a Athlon 500 and achieved it... stable, no blowout. just VERY loud. One of the socket ones... first Gen......

Anyway... just to say... Funny thread at Tom's page, yes, but seemengly from sumone who had a boring day and was up for a little joke (even though i laughed like a nerd while have reading it).

but i cannot seem to understand the relationship to the crew from jakyPC. Maybe they have some total n00bs on their bbs.... other than that, please enlighten me and tell em what one had to do with the other. o_0

(PS: i could not go visit the web you cited for jacky, as of the earthquake in TW. So i was not able to confirm we are talking about the same group of people)

oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Server: TW
Name: noobcake
Guild:

If you have ever built your own Computer, Look at this: I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Jan 2007 - 7:54  #
jackypc.com is a portal were many people come to show the latest mobs they build. They also have many very good tutorials about modding, OCing and other tech stuff...

They had never taken it seriously and the admins seem to be very good out there. It is THE reference for modders in France Smile
Double Dragon 
MurlocMurloc
Double Dragon

Male Age : 45

Character in WOW
Server: Somewhere in Beijing
Name: DoubleDragon
Guild:

If you have ever built your own Computer, Look at this: I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Feb 2007 - 9:28  #
I love the ASKII/ANSI quote on the tom's hardware one. freaking hilarious
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

If you have ever built your own Computer, Look at this: I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Feb 2007 - 11:10  #
coder?
Sponsored content 

If you have ever built your own Computer, Look at this: I_icon_minitime  #

If you have ever built your own Computer, Look at this:

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Miscellaneous :: Golden KTV -
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com