Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Aion : Get started

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Aethelfaed 
MurlocMurloc
Aethelfaed

Aion : Get started - Page 2 _
  Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009 - 12:51  #
scampers wrote:
Aethelfaed wrote:
Haha, those 20 or so cards I bought near the descimation of WoW in China as we know it are actually usable for Aion as it turns out so Smile no need to spend more money and plenty of time available if I run out....

Can you elaborate? you used your the9 wow cards for aion? i have some left over

No not the9 cards I had cards near the end of wow that were multi-purpose cards from www.27399.com, you can use these cards to charge QQ loads of chinese online games as well (the shop no longer sold the 9 cards anymore so bought these to charge WoW), and as it turns out they added Aion to there list of games you can charge.

You can still buy the seperate Aion card but this one is different as shown below.

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I795428_st830915
Aion : Get started - Page 2 I795429_st830917
Aethelfaed 
MurlocMurloc
Aethelfaed

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009 - 13:06  #
So now at level 20 i've got a bit of a taste for the game and although other points in previous post were a little negatory towards Aion overall the game deffinitly has it's advantages over going back to WoW TBC (zzz yawn zzz).

Some suggestions if your new to Aion would include:

be patient the games proffesions are extremely expensive and you just have to work your butt off to get them levelled but all in all in terms of game speed this makes up for the fact that levelling is rather easy and fast.

Farm as you go, it will save you mass time later on and although it may seems slow to get your aether and gathering points up it really is only about 4-5 hours from 0-99 all up.

If you can't get a group for quest just do some farming and try again later, there are alot of secondary quests you will get as you level so do these instead.

Crafting weapons and armor as you go makes killing things alot easier and faster and while time consuming as our population of foreigners is not huge is deffinitly worth the effort due to the fact you may get stuck in zones waiting for groups, this gives you a secondary goal to do in meantime.

Collect +flight time everychance you get and even if its on a rubish set of armor use it as secondary gear for farming, this will make getting aether levelled much faster.

When flying if your close to running out of time and you are still not in a position to land click Wings off then fall as close to the ground as you can and hit wings on again (this will avoid the fall damage to death and save your life many times if your pushing the timer on flying).
Aethelfaed 
MurlocMurloc
Aethelfaed

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009 - 10:01  #
1:Ten Failures of AION: Will the Tower Last an Eternity?

KR
NA/EU
Aion
8.6Votes:743 Genre:Fantasy
Dev: NCsoft
Pub:NCsoft
Fee:P2P
Area:KR
CB Date:Unknown
OB Date:Unknown
Release:11/25/2008

Through more than ten years of development, today online games are available in a wide variety. They are just like the stars in the sky, among which, AION: The Tower of Eternity ("AION") and World of Warcraft ("WoW") are the most shining ones. And in the online game market of year 2009, AION and WoW WLK expansion pack are undoubtedly the two heavyweights.

After WoW gained global popularity, in China there emerged some MMOGs claimed to be "WoW killers". Dungeons & Dragons Online was one of those in early days. However, its publisher in China Shanda shut down all the games servers and stopped its operation on July 31st last year. Then Age of Conan, a game developed by Norway based Funcom, was completely defeated by WoW. This year, the battle between AION, a game developed by South Korean game tycoon NCsoft, and WoW took place in China.

AION, which was claimed to be the most system-demanding game with the largest operation capacity ever, is a big title Shanda imported from South Korea to grab market share from WoW. From the very beginning, Shanda placed high expectations on AION, hoping it will defeat WoW. It listed Aion as one of its major projects this year. A few days ago, Shanda even put on a so-called "the world's largest online game advertisement" on Shanghai Jinmao Tower. The developers of AION put forward a lot of new concepts as well, hoping to establish a game world that is different from any other MMOGs. According to them, the game is neither sci-fic nor fantasy, and is not too strange to be understood. We can see how the concept was conveyed through some of its screenshots, concept arts and trailers.

This April, AION officially made a challenge against WoW in China. Before its open beta, AION had already gained feverish popularity among Chinese players. A large number of players, some of whom are WoWers, had very high expectations on Aion. During the second closed beta this April, everyday there would be thousands of players waiting on the server. This kind of phenomenon continued until it went into open beta. Now, two months have passed, and we began to feel that the popularity of AION has remarkably cooled off. There are many reasons for the change, but one of them is probably because Shanda started to charge money for Aion. Shanda's promotions for Aion were so successful that many players were attracted to try AION out. However, most of them came for its fame only and a majority of players chose to leave after it began to charge money, which, to some extent at least, indicates that this game is not attractive enough.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009 - 12:42  #
Aethelfaed is this article from you? ^^
For sure AION looked like a big success in China because people all over the world could play it and for free. Personnaly I found this game Is great for casual gamers.

For sure I'll log on wow next thursday, even if I'm sick of TBC these two months of waiting and the announce of the come back have made me wanting to play it hard !!! bounce

na in fact cannot wait !!!!!!!!!!
nerd
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Server: Bronzebeard
Name: Rectum, Salty, Carebear and all the others..
Guild: yes

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009 - 16:45  #
very off topic... new shanghai radio podcast:

www.shagradio.mypodcast.com

shanghai audio guerrilla radio, will be reporting from chinajoy this week
Aethelfaed 
MurlocMurloc
Aethelfaed

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 10:11  #
Not me who wrote this artice was looking for a quest actually and stumbled into this article in the search *can not remember source anymore*.

So is WoW releasing just TBC or is it going to be Wolk as well.

I've played on enough private servers over the last couple of months, to be honest I'm not overly enthusiastic about WoW release.

BTW Karan has not been online in like 3 days (can you log and pass guild leader to Teerdus or myself, we are on all the time and wan't to promote some people etc, kind of hard when guild leader not about haha).

Thanks dude.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 10:41  #
yeah I'll do that
Aethelfaed 
MurlocMurloc
Aethelfaed

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009 - 11:08  #
Aion COW EATERS guild being disbanded to reform under some more permanent leadership of:

Aethelfaed and Teerdus

Forgotten Lords of Atreia

FLoA

please whisper one of us or Alc/Avariel ingame for an invite....Next two months heavy focus on levelling and Abyss warfare/level 30 instance---45 raiding----Asmos PVP missions
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009 - 12:16  #
I'm gonna modify the first post will makes recruitement easier
Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Fluberwinter

Male Age : 29

Character in WOW
Name: Wushu/Thron
Guild: The Crazy Waiguoren

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009 - 14:19  #
Sorry mate!
Seems wow's just better...
Aethelfaed 
MurlocMurloc
Aethelfaed

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009 - 14:42  #
Really well thats interesting after US release of Aion the subscription total is already going to hit 4-5 million in there first year *US Aion pre-order subscription already = 1mil and there is currently 3.5-4 million players subscribing on Asia servers, this bringing the total number of players to 5million worldwide.

After release in the US/Eruope/Australia NCSoft expect this number to rise to at least 8-10 million worldwide during the first year of those countries being online

So if WoW is so great why is Aion matching the same figures of subscribtions WoW took 4 years to accumulate in it's first 2 years being online.

Aion is the new MMO to look out for in the next year at least WoW is a forgotten entity of the past to alot of players...also alot of people think WoW is to gimiky and cartoon like so this is why a game like Aion with more cutting edge graphics and reality is forging ahead!!

Played WoW for over 3 years it had it's moment but is now being backburned for me to Wolk and then even still it is becoming my casual mmo
Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Fluberwinter

Character in WOW

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009 - 14:45  #
Isn't that what happened with Age of Conan? And Warhammer Online? ^,~
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009 - 14:59  #
Yeah Aion is definitly worth playing, though people only swearing by wow won't necessary adapt to Aion's gameplay.
Now numbers might have been a little Doped, Aion took hudge benefit from Wow China's Blackout, and Chinese servers were open worldwide.
Suscribtion to Aion is Free when for Wow it would have costed you at least one key, so I think Ncsoft Is playing with the numbers, and don't really care about the objectivity of said "numbers".
Aion will probably have his public but I'm convinced it won't be ex-wowers playing Aion Wink

And if I believe what was saying a friend playing AION in a wangba "at fisrt they were all playing AION, now they are all back playing DOTA". decu
Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Fluberwinter

Character in WOW

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009 - 16:50  #
Haha!

BTW: respect man, TD DOTA is awesome
Hirna_zjmj 
Mukla the gorillaMukla the gorilla
Hirna_zjmj

Male Age : 31

Character in WOW
Server: 耐萨里奥
Name: Hirna
Guild: 天國的記憶

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jul 2009 - 20:23  #
Dota will simply never be "has-been".
Aethelfaed 
MurlocMurloc
Aethelfaed

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009 - 14:07  #
Well that may be here in China but with WoW Wolk out for over a year now in most other countries in the world and if you go off the forums *people thinking wolk =fail in alot of cases* the potential to take alot of gamers from there and warhammer online is a serious posibility.

Either way each to there own...WoW was just the next gen mass produced, marketed, and distributed MMO of the 2000's there has been plenty of MMO games before it that far outway it in so many aspects for the serious MMO player.

Blizzard like they do so well captured the niche in the market as they had done with diablo and starcraft *sc most so in the asian market than western countries*.

They truly are a gaming force to be reckoned with!! Look forward to there Diablo 3 release whenever that may be, will certainly be interesting in the lead up to Beta testing to see what D3 has in store for us (considering from what I hear they have remade half the game after origionally preparing it for release this year but with SC2 and Wolk deciding to put it on the backburner, also due to the fact they did not feel the game would live up to it's true potential in it's early 2009 state as it was).

Either way whatever MMO your going to swear by understand that there are other MMO's out there that truly do surpass the one your playing in different ways and the same the other way round.

Some for casual gamer some for the hardcore no matter what you play at the end of the day have fun and remember to take breaks from insane grinds / raids / pvp or you may end up like this fella:

Aion : Get started - Page 2 Skeleton-computer

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009 - 7:52  #
Ive rolled a warrior on Aion. i THINK i'm on the right server.

Name.. Lyche

Lemme know if you guys are online, say hi etc.
Padre 
MurlocMurloc

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Server: 奥德兰克
Name: Twisted
Guild: Crazy Waiguorens

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2009 - 6:39  #
AION has me pleasantly hooked at the moment. Was REALLY looking forward to the re-launch of CWoW, but then they stripped out all the cool parts I was excited about.. DK class, city sieges, etc.

Blizz will release SC 2 and Diablo 3 this year, then they have announced that their focus will move to a "new MMO IP". Supposedly this is something brand new they have never discussed. I usually like to link my sources, but in this case I think I saw it in a back issue of PC Gamer, or on Gamesradar.com. If anyone sees anything, link a source.

Anyway.. TWISTED's sister is appearing in AION as Twistedsis a hot rangerette. Gimme a shout if we happen to run past each other.
Gruumsh44 
WyrmWyrm
Gruumsh44

Character in WOW
Server: region 4 澳得兰克
Name: Gruumsh
Guild: Crazy WaiGuoRens

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009 - 18:30  #
ok so an update has happened. and finally i got it all... and of course the ENU PAK of the previous version is not working, so i downloaded a 1.2 english installer. it worked like a charm but now i only see 1.2 realms, Israpel does not show so i cant ask guys in game for info.

anyone here have a fix? for uninstalling the English installer or getting the other realms back?

EDIT: the installer auto changes your server page. be sure to check your LAUNCHER for the proper server.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 6:31  #
Gruumsh44 I' m not playing aion but I ve heard that not all the zones have been updated to 1.2 at the same time. You might want to reinstall the version 1.0 and try to log again. Can't do more. try on http://www.aionsource.com/ if there s an answer you'll get it there
Aethelfaed 
MurlocMurloc
Aethelfaed

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 9:36  #
Your out of luck, the Aion website downgrader is gone as they updated there website to only have 1.2 on it now.

You need to re-install your origional version and if you do not still have the files on your harddrive you can get from:

http://games.on.net/file/25254/Aion_China_open_Beta_Client_Part_1_of_4

Click the client tab to get the other files.

Not sure which server your playing on because most have been patched now.

If you want to just change back to chinese go to:

Drive/Aion/ÓÀºãÖ®️Ëþ/L10N

Delete the ENU.pak file

Start the launcher click the bottom button and hit the left box that pops up, this should re-install the chs.zip.9.pak file

This will do nothing in terms of changing the version though or allowing you access to servers that have not been updated if your playing on one of those you need to do what I stated above as this will just change it back to chinese still in v1.2.

Good luck
pouetp0u 
GolemGolem
pouetp0u

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克
Name: Pouetpou
Guild: TCW

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 15:06  #
Hi there, could someone let me know if in your area the game version is 1.2 ? Thanks, i'll certainly come to say hi since i got free time on AIon China ( and waiting the realase in France )
Aethelfaed 
MurlocMurloc
Aethelfaed

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 17:06  #
yes, yesterday region 1 went 1.2 active...no 50s yet but in like 1 day some of them already 48
pouetp0u 
GolemGolem
pouetp0u

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克
Name: Pouetpou
Guild: TCW

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 21:01  #
EDIT: also on israpel Angel side '
Add Holyhax Cleric

Elyo side.

BTW this HowTo is pretty cool:

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general-guides/18026-complete-cn-aion-getting-started-guide.html
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 1 Sep 2009 - 5:49  #
So guys how is AION so far? I didn't play since wow's return. PVE wise did you do some raids etc? Is it interesting?
Aethelfaed 
MurlocMurloc
Aethelfaed

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009 - 7:28  #
Aion is actually really quite good once you get into it and the fact that everything seems to be overly priced as lower levels really starts to even out once you progress through the game to a degree.

I think the first time round levelling a character is a bit of a drag as you really don't know the best levelling process between questing and grinding but now with the addition of rested time xp as well it has become alot easier.

There is deffinitly down sides to the game but those are few and far between.

Multibox for me is the most fun i've had playing an mmo in china for sure as you can do just about everything solo with a 4 player team that you can with a group (this means when you do get stuck without anyone to play with you can still do raid instances and elite areas by yourself), nice mix of multiplayer and soloing which was impossible in wow (raids especially).

Aethelfaed 38 Chanter
Arctavius 35 Gladiator
Ariya 35 Gladiator
Ariayan 35 Chanter
Flashburn 50 Sorcerer

(the 3 35's are being multi-box to 38 then I'll multi-box 4 up to 50, not really playing sorcerer anymore since already seen the 1.2 content and just want to get my others up to 50 to have some more options for raids etc, also farming solo character much slower than multi "of course")
Sponsored content 

Aion : Get started - Page 2 I_icon_minitime  #

Aion : Get started

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Miscellaneous :: Golden KTV -
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com