Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
currahee_lp 
CritterCritter

Male
Character in WOW
Server: 暗影议会
Name: 多元曲线函数
Guild:

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! _
  Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2009 - 8:58  #
Most of you may have read this thread by StiXx [How to play Chinese WoW in your language Updated 30-09-2009!]: https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/general-f1/how-to-play-chinese-wow-in-your-language-updated-30-09-2009-t1319.htm?sid=4cfc6ce88b851f07d36229c51080cde3

Supposedly it should work fine, but it's WAY too complicated!!!(You'll have to install both Chinese version and English version of the game and make a lot of backup copies.) I've found another way to let you do exactly the same thing with much less time and energy. (Originally posted on http://bbs.ngacn.cc/read.php?tid=2631328&fpage=2&forder_by= by dragonbbc)

BTW this method only works for English client.

1. Download and install the game. Update it to 3.1.3 (the same way as in StiXx's post).

2. Download a Chinese character font file, from anywhere you like, or simply from StiXx's post. Create a new folder under your World of Warcraft folder, name it Fonts. Put your font file into Fonts, and make 5 copies. Name each of them: ARIALN.TTF, FRIZQT__.TTF, MORPHEUS.TTF, skurri.TTF, ZYKai_T.TTF.

3. Download http://www.filefront.com/14659665/cwow.rar

4. Make sure you extract the "cwow" folder to your World of Warcraft folder. Open the cwow folder, doubleclick "toCN.bat". It will automatically copy the MPQ files needed and rename them. If you wish to switch the game back to US version, like for updating, simply doubleclick "toUS.bat", so you don't need to backup anything. (Sometimes in Vista your PC may block you from running bat files. In that case, edit the file with notepad and follow the instructions inside.)

5. A "Skeleton.exe" will be copied to the World of Warcraft folder. Run it to start the game. It's in Chinese, but should be pretty straightforward and easy to use.

DONE!!!

The best part of this method is, you can use you Netease matrix card, because this version of the game has the original Chinese log-in interface. But everything inside the game is in English.

Enjoy yourselves!

Area 4, Shadow Council, Shaman 多元曲线函数
Uberpwnerer 
Blind DragonBlind Dragon
Uberpwnerer

Male Location : Beijing

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2009 - 17:03  #
woah.

we all just got pwned.

with this my friend can protect his account too; hes been hacked twice.

great find dude.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 5:08  #
Uber You can already use the matrix for a long time, you just missed to read one of the last posts of this thread https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/general-f1/solved-3-digits-matrix-card-using-us-other-client-t1269.htm

otherwise great guide, just as usual people should execute files posted on forums at their own risks. So in this regards, the original post is still the safest.
Uberpwnerer 
Blind DragonBlind Dragon
Uberpwnerer

Male Location : Beijing

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 6:22  #
oooh oh ok.

still cool beans.
Crom 
HarpyHarpy

Male Age : 39

Character in WOW
Server: 山丘之王
Name: Crom / Slag
Guild:

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 10:11  #
I can't seem to get it to work. I keep getting the "unable to validate game version" when i try to log in. I'm patched up to 3.1.3.10146. Is there anything else that needs doing? or is it because I'm using an enGB client?
Crom 
HarpyHarpy

Character in WOW
Guild:

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 12:04  #
Wow, I figured it out thanks to Masterfade's post! You guys have so much info. to sort through. fou

"3. get in to you Data folder and rename the subfolder enUS (or whatever your locale is) to enCN. get into the new enCN folder and change all enUS (your locale code) in filenames to enCN. so patch-enUS.MPQ become patch-enCN.MPQ, etc."

Btw, the links for the font files aren't working for me. Can somebody upload a link that is not from clanfree.net ?
currahee_lp 
CritterCritter

Male
Character in WOW
Server: 暗影议会
Name: 多元曲线函数
Guild:

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 17:22  #
Cromwell, sorry for the confusion. This works only for enUS version.
Crom 
HarpyHarpy

Character in WOW
Guild:

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeWed 7 Oct 2009 - 14:18  #
Mine's working now, I just renamed the subfolders in my data folder from enGB to enCN and it works fine.
igniter 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2009 - 19:21  #
Same old same old... trashed every copy patch and file of warcraft, but it still always tries to update to WOTLK. Is there a good standalone patch version I can get to avoid this?

It's pretty damn frustrating. I'd rather not download mini patch by mini patch from http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors or http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/ =/

edit: Had to manually install every patch one by one, but it worked fairly easily!
igniter 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 9:52  #
Got it working, but those those interested note that the exe comes up as Trojan.Generic.2247406 Smile Use at your own risk for sure
Hirna_zjmj 
Mukla the gorillaMukla the gorilla
Hirna_zjmj

Male Age : 31

Character in WOW
Server: 耐萨里奥
Name: Hirna
Guild: 天國的記憶

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 10:07  #
http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/

This is how I got from 3.0.3 to current version santa
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 14:08  #
igniter which antivirus do you use? just asking by curiosity
igniter 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2009 - 16:00  #
bolomas wrote:
igniter which antivirus do you use? just asking by curiosity
I use Rising, with scans from Spyware Terminator and AdAware. Spyware Terminator is great for infections that refuse to die and respawn after a reboot.

It was spyware terminator that detected the Trojan. (it also has a built in antivirus). I am installing the skeleton from the long way to do English wow.cn to see if it is giving a false positive on it.

Quote :
Hirna_Zjmj
I linked that... just annoying getting all the mini ones ><

EDIT: it seems the one from the origonal post is also found as this "Generic.Trojan2247406. This is just a false positive then? It'd be worth adding into the post that some antiviruses will go nuts about it.
xMichaelx 
CritterCritter

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeSun 3 Jan 2010 - 10:06  #
can someone reup cwow.rar files please, it says file is unavaliable :{
Fiction 
ImpImp

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2010 - 16:49  #
xMichaelx wrote:
can someone reup cwow.rar files please, it says file is unavaliable :{

bump.

also, sorry to bother y'all with my lack of computer skills, but can someone tell me how to manually install the patches? I'm downloading them one-by-one till 3.1.3, but then where in the WoW folder do i put them? Can I lump them all in there and then launch WoW, or must i add - launch - add - launch - add - launch ...all the way to 3.1.3.? Thanks so much for these helpful guides Smile
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeThu 7 Jan 2010 - 11:09  #
Just in the WoW folder, the computer will automatically recognize them when you launch WoW.
When a download is finish, launch the .exe file and it will automatically update your WoW. Then go to the next patch, etc.

Edit : For chinese file, just download http://www.filefront.com/14164105/Data.zip
Fiction 
ImpImp

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeThu 7 Jan 2010 - 12:12  #
Thank you! I'll give it a shot.
Fiction 
ImpImp

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2010 - 14:57  #
Hirna_zjmj wrote:
Edit : For chinese file, just download http://www.filefront.com/14164105/Data.zip

Thanks Hirna, I'm on step 3 now, but this file doesn't have anything in it that says cwow. Just an enCN folder and within that is a single 'patch-enCN-3.MPQ' file. Can you advise on where I can go from here? Thanks.
WoWLaoWai 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Usul / Laowai
Guild: Cow Eaters / Expatriate

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2010 - 15:20  #
Fiction 
ImpImp

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2010 - 16:09  #
Thanks WowLaiWai, but unless I’m mistaken in this post, after this proviso: YOUR GONNA CHANGE SOME FILE NAMES NOW DONT PANIC ITS JUST PROCEDURE ! the post is talking about pasting the enUS folder into the Chinese client (not the US client) right? But the instructions I have followed in this current post, wherein we are posting, suggest I don’t need the CN client and that I can use the US client. So, I’m having a hard time using the other post’s instructions for using the 3.mpq file with this post’s instructions. Thanks for your patience.

Oh, I would try to follow the other post verbatim but it seems impossible for me to get a Chinese client from the official CN website. It always takes 30+ hours to download.
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2010 - 16:37  #
All you have to do in "YOUR GONNA CHANGE SOME FILE NAMES NOW DONT PANIC ITS JUST PROCEDURE !"

is to rename your enUS folder to enCN (in your US wow folder) and to rename the .mpq files in it from "enUS" to "enCN".
Then, still in your US wow folder, extract the Data folder (the one your downloaded). It contains some chinese version only files that are necessary to play cWoW in english.
Fiction 
ImpImp

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2010 - 23:00  #
At this point when I launch (using the normal launcher, not the skeleton.exe) I get a beautiful Chinese WoW News feed but when I press the GO button it crashes. It says the WoW.exe is corrupted. Some other concerns:

1) Even though I’m an admin on this computer, I can’t seem to stop the anti-virus software from auto-deleting the skeleton.exe file (which posters believe to be a false +).

2) I think perhaps I updated my patches incorrectly – I started at 3.0.1, and after re-reading the post I take it I shouldn’t have done that, right? Do I need to start with a pre-TBC client and then just go one-by-one all the way?

3) I have 10 mpq files in the enCN folder.

Please help and thanks!
Sponsored content 

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client! I_icon_minitime  #

Perhaps the easier way so far to play CWOW with EN client!

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com