Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

European Account Hacked !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

European Account Hacked !!! _
  European Account Hacked !!! I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010 - 9:29  #
Hello All

Just want to share this with you. In case anybody experience the same problem as me. My German / European account was just Hacked 1 hour ago Sad
Not sure how....... even i use the Iphone B-Net Authenticator (where i just read on some Net pages it should not be secure at all and many people have been hacked even they use it!)

So here whats happend:

1.I recieved a E-Mail from B-Net (legitimate E-Mail as i found out 1 min later!) that changes have been done to my B-Net account. (i ignored it for 1 min and tried to log in to my account, at the same time i recieved another E mail which stated my account Password was resetet and changed). I realized it at that moment after trying to log in without succes that i was HACKED. TT

2.I checked the E-Mail and there was a link to a support page but still afraid using a link in an E-Mail i went to the Battlent page and went directly to the support page where are 2 options. One is that you forget your password and the second one to make a full account recovery in case you got hacked. I choose the second option to recover my account as i was pretty sure that i got HACKED.

3.The Recover process was quite easy it asks your account mail, real name, BĀ“Net authenticator in case it was set up and your secret Question.
After answering all questions i recieved a new mail that my account has 50% succesfully recovered and that i can reset my password again. The mail also states in case of any loss i have to contact further Blizzard but they will do still following actions in the next days(1. Reset my WOW Charachters and all other games i have registered to previous state; 2.Delete any B-Net authenticator which might have been added; 3.Send a confirmation mail after all steps are finished)

4.After that i could log in again into my B-Net account and so far everything looks fine, but i have to wait until my client is patched to see in game if any Charachter or Items/Gold have been stolen. Whish me luck:)

Please take this as good advice the I-Net is not save at all!!!
And yes to upcoming Questions, I am using Antivir Programms, Latest Win Updates, never click links in mails, never visit Internet pages where i am not 100% sure they are save, used a Battle net authenticator for my Iphone (No my Iphone is not jailbroken which would be a risk to get the authenticator hacked).

So i am pretty sure i did everything best what i could to secure my PC and Game Accounts and still got hacked.

Enjoy reading it and hope it might help some other people, let me know if any of you had maybe a similar experience.

bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

European Account Hacked !!! I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010 - 9:40  #
Goodluck with your account. Is it some other applications installed on your I-phone that could be the source of the hack?
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

European Account Hacked !!! I_icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010 - 9:50  #
I dont think so as i only use official apps from the appstore, but i am reading now through diffrent hack threads in the official forum to see if i find something.

Just saw in the spam folder that the Hacker already tried to change to a new B-Net account name his mail is k***@hotmail.com
GreenMoon 
RaptorRaptor
GreenMoon

Male Age : 61

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan
Name: GreenMoon
Guild:

European Account Hacked !!! I_icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010 - 8:02  #
Hi Mate,

I have got the same experience on my French account 3 times this year, and 3 times Blizzard helped me to recover it without any losses. I bought an authenticator key in September and no problem.

But since they introduced Cata i'm not able to connect or to download the Cata version Sad I hope I can find a solution when I will be in France this Xmas...
Sponsored content 

European Account Hacked !!! I_icon_minitime  #

European Account Hacked !!!

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com