Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

HUGE latency and DC's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Rallist 
HarpyHarpy
Rallist

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: Maduolan/Alterac
Name: Rallist/Mootisha
Guild: Cow Eaters/Crazy Waigourens

HUGE latency and DC's _
  HUGE latency and DC's I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011 - 14:24  #
Hiya guys,

Started playing recently on both Bronzebeard and Maudolan and im getting a couple of issues. I have tried the latency fix (thx Bol) but to no avail, i still get it starting off <100ms and within 5mins its up to >2000ms......eeeeeep...then, sometimes even with lovely low latency, i get random disconnects....
Now, it could be that its becos im using a work internet connection (and thus the random disconnects) or it could be...something else?
I have read through mucho information and cant seem to find anything obvious....i guess next week i will have to try at the new apartment and see if its oki......
but any other ideas from people who may have shared this problem?

Cheers

/Ralli
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

HUGE latency and DC's _
  HUGE latency and DC's I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011 - 14:55  #
Pretty much sure it's because you play from work. It must be a relatively low debit connection with a lot of computers using it.
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

HUGE latency and DC's _
  HUGE latency and DC's I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011 - 19:55  #
sure thing its ur company!!!! even from sichuan i get a decent ping of 500ms in worst case!!!
from suzhou i play wuth a ping of 50ms with a china telecom 4m line, and ur in shanghai it must be better
Warmaster_Blackhorn 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
Warmaster_Blackhorn

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: Alterac澳得兰克 / Arygos亚雷戈斯
Name: Blackhorn, Scribbler, Whitehorn
Guild: Crazy Waiguorens

HUGE latency and DC's _
  HUGE latency and DC's I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011 - 9:29  #
I get this problem on a regular basis as well although I'm connecting from home. Usually I find that it happens after my connection has been online for a long time (i.e. more than a week) without any downtime. A simple reset of the router usually fixes the problem.

Therefore, as with the comments from bolomas and stItCh, I would say that its your work connection causing the problem.

ReiChina 
HarpyHarpy
ReiChina

Female Age : 50

Character in WOW
Server: CN1
Name: BloodRaine/ (hub)Soloman
Guild: Crazy Weiguorens

HUGE latency and DC's _
  HUGE latency and DC's I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011 - 23:10  #
I also get this from home ALL the time- I have to re-log in 10-15 times a night (and I only play like 4 hours)...I reset my router, I've installed the Leatrix Latency Fix 1.23 and it's still really bad. Without Leatrix it was 3,000-4,000 ms but with it it's a little better (300ms-2,000ms) but that doesn't effect the disconnects. Even if I have really low ms I'll still get disconnected. But then again we just moved to a provincial town from Tianjin. (My daughter and I are TWO of the three foreigners who live here)

I'm sending hubby to find out if we can get DSN or something better. But I read that you can reconfigure your router if you're having this problem too- don't ask me to elaborate because I've only been using computers for the last 13 years and 8 of those years I've had a Chinese system) but they said that if it's not an internet problem then they have guides on the US WOW site on how to trouble shoot the problem.

"Go to your World of Warcraft folder. You should see an errors folder. Go into that folder and look for the latest error file. They're named by date and time. Don't delete anything until we can see what's causing the crash. Use Wordpad to open the error. Highlight it all. Ctrl-C to copy it to the clipboard, and the Ctrl-V to paste it into a post here." Then the blizzard team reads it and tells you what's the problem- if it is an error...
irrelevance 
KoboldKobold
irrelevance

Male Location : Guangzhou

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克
Name: Irrelevance
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

HUGE latency and DC's _
  HUGE latency and DC's I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011 - 11:04  #
I honestly think that a latency that high will never be fixable with Leatrix's.

All Leatrix does is un-tie your data packets that are usually stacked up into groups to be relayed between your computer and the internet, thus reducing the lag between the two systems.

What you have here... Is a terrible connection!

Is your latency this high on all the servers? You could check your ms on other servers, as it could be a regional thing.

I <3 my 35 ms connection.
Fab 
ImpImp

Male Age : 43

Character in WOW
Server: 众星之子
Name: Fabb
Guild:

HUGE latency and DC's _
  HUGE latency and DC's I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011 - 14:57  #
Well if it can help you to be a bit more happy, I've got a huge latency since the earthquake in Japan. I can't play no more.
ReiChina 
HarpyHarpy
ReiChina

Female Age : 50

Character in WOW
Server: CN1
Name: BloodRaine/ (hub)Soloman
Guild: Crazy Weiguorens

HUGE latency and DC's _
  HUGE latency and DC's I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011 - 16:50  #
Fab it was the same for us here in China after the Taiwan earthquake a few years ago too...I think it took 2-3 weeks to even get internet back to a semi-normal state. But then again you know it's only going to be a short time until you get it back because it's still a business.

But what I can't figure out is why anyone would be "happy" to know someone else can't play- or about the earthquake in Japan. I think it's all a terrible thing...hopefully everyone comes out OK and they find their loved ones.
hidden830726 
ImpImp

Male

HUGE latency and DC's _
  HUGE latency and DC's I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011 - 20:36  #
Bump, get your connection up and join us.
Fab 
ImpImp

Male Age : 43

Character in WOW
Server: 众星之子
Name: Fabb
Guild:

HUGE latency and DC's _
  HUGE latency and DC's I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011 - 17:50  #
ReiChina wrote:
But what I can't figure out is why anyone would be "happy" to know someone else can't play- or about the earthquake in Japan. I think it's all a terrible thing...hopefully everyone comes out OK and they find their loved ones.

I just meant that if it could help to know that he's not the only one in this case. Of course what happened / what's happening in Japan is a real tragedy
Sponsored content 

HUGE latency and DC's _
  HUGE latency and DC's I_icon_minitime  #

HUGE latency and DC's

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Technical support -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com