Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

How the guild will function - discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Malice 
Scarlet MonkScarlet Monk
Malice

Character in WOW
Server: Alterac Valley 奥特兰克, CN 1.
Name: Malice
Guild: Crazy Waiguorens

How the guild will function - discussion thread _
  How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 11:39  #
Hi hi everyone Smile

This thread is intended to sort out how we will amalgamate our various systems and approaches to the guild.

A few things to keep in mind...

1. Our current system is TEMPORARY. It will change. Be patient.

2. Perhaps your system worked perfectly for another guild BUT keep in mind we are several guilds together now...some things may work some may not. That being said, please share any and all opinions so we can find the ones that work best.

3. We are a CASUAL and RELAXED guild. There will be no hardcore mentality. Everything else is up for complete overhaul.

4. Since everyone has opinions, not everyone's can be used. We will remain mature and civil no matter what is decided.

5. English is our main language

Somethings to think about and suggest on:

Ranks
Guild Bank
Raids
Loot
etc.
Gruumsh44 
WyrmWyrm
Gruumsh44

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: region 4 澳得兰克
Name: Gruumsh
Guild: Crazy WaiGuoRens

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 12:07  #
Rank suggestion: Ociffers a plenty. with the number of guys here i dont know if 3 officers or 4 is enough. Add a few of the most active and outgoing to our ranks 1st (i know we have been thinking it. ) eventually 1 officer for every 5-7 members-ish... also Officers duties are?

speculation: Ranks for people below 85 who are not officers, once 85 give them cake! i mean veteran.
New comers who join and are already 85? time period before being given veteran?

GB> get new tab through donations> let all levels of people take out the same number of stacks, but policy for GB is deposit something if you take,, take a penny leave a penny.

more suggestions when i have more time.
Malice 
Scarlet MonkScarlet Monk
Malice

Character in WOW

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 12:34  #
Smallearth has been giving away his gold to new members. This is more than generous but it's not fair that he is the only one...After the guild tab i suggest donating money for new/low level members and 1-2 officers in charge of getting them sorted with bags and cash
funkyging 
FelhoundFelhound

Character in WOW
Server: alterac
Name: Berilac
Guild: crazy waigorens

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 12:43  #
Heres my 2 cents.

Ranks arent that important for a casual raid but its still needed.

My old guild had a few ranks as it was a RP guild mainly. The guild leader, a Pve leader, a PvP leader with both leaders having 1 second in command if the leaders had to go on break. Then the officers who took care of the members .

The pve/pvp leaders would amke all the events for the guild and make sure to keep track of who was participatinbg and who wasnt pulling there weight.

Guild bank should be kept mainly for officer privelages hence why we should have moe officers, if we let anyone in with fullbank rights well have it all taken away from us =)
WoWLaoWai 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Usul / Laowai
Guild: Cow Eaters / Expatriate

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 12:59  #
it seems the job of gl is already taken so let's discuss the other ranks.

officer (councilor?)- an officer is in my opinion someone who is helpful. either with extensive and freely given help on playing or otherwise giving/investing gold/time/money into doing something that they don't have to do. people who want to lead raids, show they are helping others gear up in 5 mans, or doing something else that benefits others should be considered for this job. this job should only be available to level 85s who have shown some commitment to helping others in some fashion. cow eater's had more active officers then members, because over time some people quit while good members showed they are committed to there own guys and to the the team, so they got promoted. i don't believe there can be too many officers in a truly casual guild. - full promote and bank access as officers serve as assistant gl, in the case of absence of gl, as always happens sooner or later.
i think "councilor" fits the above job much better than officer, which implies some sort of military status.

veteran - if most of the raiders and active members know a member, if the member is level 85 and the member has participated in either a lot of 5man or several raid activities they should be considered a veteran. ie, someone who has grouped with all the active members should be considered a veteran. veterans should have nearly full access to the bank but in limited amounts.

member - within two weeks of being an ACTIVE initiate someone should either be promoted to member or kicked. hopefully promoted. first 2 tabs in bank maybe.

initiate - who the **** are you again? - no bank access

bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 13:42  #
I'd like to share my idea for guild rank names :

new people = Guildleader
veterans = officer
officers = peon
guildleader = critter

I mean wouldn't that be fun fou ?
Gruumsh44 
WyrmWyrm
Gruumsh44

Character in WOW

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 13:57  #
Since we are the Horde... Peon Grunt themed ranks are not out of the question1 hahaha but i think for ease of communication we might want to simplify.

@LaoWai: I think Officer/Councilor idea is great. Make it like a council as well. Everyone should be working together to choose the path for this guild. I dont believe any one person should say how a casual guild runs its business.
> your rank set up is straight forward and clear.
>Officers/councilors should bear the brunt of decision making together. (Guild Leader in effect= Officer when working with the group... and implements changes)

@Funky: I like the separating of role idea , Officers who want to focus on one thing can be labeled as such and have more influence over that part. Dont want to make things so complicated though,, more suggestions?

In the end we are aiming for clear organizers and players with a group mentality right? Play if you can play, take more responsibility if you want.

For the GB we need more slots for various things. and Laowai's idea of ranks equating to stacks allowed is the simplest way of doing things (we were doing it kinda like that before.) I think we can manage ourselves pretty well on a semi honor system since most of us know each other and can check the logs for ourselves.

Comments? running out of time before class again...

Enjoy, Relax
G
Malice 
Scarlet MonkScarlet Monk
Malice

Character in WOW

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 15:00  #
5min inbetween class -ill go fast. I would nerver kick someone after two weeks of inactivity. Its just too hardcore and not fair to those of us who work and have family. If someone gives us a heads up that they will not be on b/c they need to take a break etc. its cool...They shouldn't be penalized for that. Its just a game after all. However after many months and no word of where there are we will have to consider kicking them...

my two cents...
WoWLaoWai 
Bloodscalp TrollBloodscalp Troll
WoWLaoWai

Character in WOW
Server: 玛多兰
Name: Usul / Laowai
Guild: Cow Eaters / Expatriate

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 15:05  #
that isn't what i meant. kicking someone who is inactive would be a serious LOL factor in a foreign guild. what i meant was that after two weeks, if some guy logged in at level 1 and two weeks later they haven't reached level 3 it's probably safe to say they don't need to be promoted to member and after some time should be kicked. initiate status is by definition a trial status which should end in either membership or removal.
Gruumsh44 
WyrmWyrm
Gruumsh44

Character in WOW

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 15:10  #
Indeed agree with both of you. Kicking unmoving alts, tirekickers sure.
Deliberation on more notable guys MIA for months without notice is warranted
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 17:04  #
I can agree on most statements in previous threads but just want to give the opinion we had with cow eaters from the beginning as casual guild. Ranks are really nice and some kind of status symbol but what does it mean in general for a casual guild ? Basically it's only 2 important points to consider who has access to the guild bank, guild invites! You don't want that a newcomer loots ur bank and u don't wanne spam the guild with welcome messages because anyone can send guild invites.

Gruumsh44 
WyrmWyrm
Gruumsh44

Character in WOW

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 18:32  #
NO NIJAS OF ANY KIND! hate bloody ninjas... mumbles...

thats the Initiate or member rank i guess,, Invites eventually when we know who all is finally here should be pared back.

Veterans and up? UNLESS we end up with 20 officers? hahahaha
funkyging 
FelhoundFelhound

Character in WOW

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 20:46  #
i would say promote the people that showed the dedication by faction changing/server changing...BUT considering most of us did that it might not work out so well.

Malice 
Scarlet MonkScarlet Monk
Malice

Character in WOW

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011 - 5:20  #
Theses are the questions we need to think about...

Question 1
Do we want anyone to be able to invite anyone?

This worked in the beginning because we were trying to bolster our numbers. Considering how many people we have now, do we really need all Initiates to have invite privilages?

Question 2
Do we really need to focus so much on the idea of rankings in a casual guild?

Why not something simple like:

Initiate - for new comers regardless of previous rank or guild. We don't know everyone. Let's make sure they are not just looky loos or those who might clean us out...

Veteran - for those who are staying in the guild - maybe have been with us for a few weeks? These are people who just wanna play with other English speakers.

Officer/GL - Someone to help distribute valuable items from guild bank, invite new members? Troubleshoot etc. Officers should work as a group. Perhaps someone to oversee loot distribution in raids (too make sure things stay fair?). Enforce core Guild rules eg. no racism.

(promotion based on: dedication? Support? Friendly/Mature/Supportive attitudes?)

- The pvp/pve leader sounded interesting but why not just let our members ask in guild chat if anyone wants to form a group then private chat to organize it themselves? (members can put in "notes" whether they prefer pvp or pve)

- As for raid leaders I don't think we should restrict the options to just officers, anyone who wants to try should be able to regardless of rank.

- Basically simple is good. If we wanna raid, ask if anyone wants to come. If we wanna pvp ask if anyone wants to come. The "raid times"/schedule would ONLY function as a time when people would know others would be on to play if they want/need.
Malice 
Scarlet MonkScarlet Monk
Malice

Character in WOW

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011 - 5:26  #
Guild bank - I think Bolo suggested. 2-3 tabs open to everyone - the rest to be distributed by Officers (high level items)?

bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011 - 5:49  #
@malice,

For invites I'd give this right to veterans and above. It's just more convenient, and new comers can start enjoy the guild perks (xp bonus etc) right off the bat, instead of waiting for an officer to eventually be online at the same time they are.

For guild bank, even a big guild can store most valuable items in 2 tabs, so I would suggest 2 locked tabs for the most valuable items and the rest free for veterans. In the end it's just numbers with pixels decorating them, I'd choose convenience before greed.

For raid leaders and raids I totally agree. Keep it simple and very flexible. We should never forget that we are together because we can communicate together. Not because we want to beat the game or anything. At least I'd wait for the gathering to reach the critical point so can have an idea of who wanna do what, and what activities it allows the guild members to do.
funkyging 
FelhoundFelhound

Character in WOW

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011 - 7:00  #
Thinking about it this morning i think invite right should just be kept to everyone. The only people we are goingto invite are the english speakers and from expereince with foreigneres only 1-2% can survive with only chinese in there lives.

I dont think people are going to want to fck things up for themselves bynot following the rulwes or inviting random chinese people tht cant speak english lol

At least on eu/us servers people can abandon ship and find another guild with a clic kfo there fingers but here this is like ther only homein n ocean of crazy blabbering.....foreign....nonsense soup tht only the lingustic minded people can understand How the guild will function - discussion thread Jecherch
ReiChina 
HarpyHarpy
ReiChina

Female Age : 50

Character in WOW
Server: CN1
Name: BloodRaine/ (hub)Soloman
Guild: Crazy Weiguorens

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011 - 7:19  #

- Basically simple is good. If we wanna raid, ask if anyone wants to come. If we wanna pvp ask if anyone wants to come. The "raid times"/schedule would ONLY function as a time when people would know others would be on to play if they want/need.

Another random thing that you might do is have a sign up rooster for raids- this would help if we need to plan out our time a little more. And if we rush around trying to get online for a raid, only to find out that we're not needed or it's full, since we have so many people now- then it gets a little disappointing. (not to mention if we run a bit late then a place would be left open for us).

We could fill in the spot open by just announcing a raid before hand- but it's kind of hard to get all the planning done if we announce a raid at 9:30 and then arrange who's online. But that's just my opinion.
Gruumsh44 
WyrmWyrm
Gruumsh44

Character in WOW

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Jul 2011 - 7:42  #
The only thing that needs slightly more organization than a raid list would be competitive PvP,
Arena and Rated BGs
that will need a bigger commitment and communication level.
Beats 
CorpseCorpse

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011 - 5:31  #
Suppos,

Thnx a lot for the very warm welcome, and a special thnxs to funkyging (Berilac) for helping me out with bags and some gold.

Will give the guild as much as i have received

Best Wishes

Beats

danceclub
Cheese 
RaptorRaptor
Cheese

Male Location : Shenzhen

Character in WOW
Server: 鬼雾峰-CN3
Name: Brie
Guild:

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 4:50  #
As a new member who wants to contribute (but doesnt have much) is there a system where we can donate the lowbie stuff we pickup and get back a few finished products?

In our old guild the new levelers would get bags and crafted stuff, but then had to be a gatherer and donate what they dont use to the guild.
Then later when they decided to be a supplier there was plenty of goodies for them in the bank to level up quickly, also it allowed people to change professions if wanted or needed easier, lots of lowbie stuff in bank.

Let me know,
and if anyone has any old (non bound) bags, Wink
Gruumsh44 
WyrmWyrm
Gruumsh44

Character in WOW

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011 - 7:33  #
well our system is similar so far,, old mats are welcome, but there is constant cleaning due to the mass number of levelers and GB space vanishing.

Help is always around the corner, lots of guys have alts with bags full of extra mats waiting to be used or sold. Contributions are not expected , more like a fair trade system and generosity. haha

ask others in game and see whats available. ask an officer for any bigger things
Sponsored content 

How the guild will function - discussion thread I_icon_minitime  #

How the guild will function - discussion thread

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Communities by area :: Shanghai 上海 CN1, CN5 / Guangdong CN10 :: The Crazy Waiguorens - Horde Guild - CN1 奥特兰克 (Alterac) :: General -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com