Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

paladin cata

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
funkyging 
FelhoundFelhound

Character in WOW
Server: alterac
Name: Berilac
Guild: crazy waigorens

paladin cata _
  paladin cata I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 18:36  #
PvP

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/185273-retribution-paladin-guide/
Cheese 
RaptorRaptor
Cheese

Male Location : Shenzhen

Character in WOW
Server: 鬼雾峰-CN3
Name: Brie
Guild:

paladin cata _
  paladin cata I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011 - 5:07  #
Anyone donig any Pally Tanking?
I know it changed a ton from BC to LK. I was never sure if I liked them, or I missed BC tanking, still it was easy to get used to. This time I hear there are some major changes, like our DPS being a larger part.

Shouldnt be a big deal, my only concern is how coordinated are the encounters? As my language will be limited will I run into alot of trouble in 5s?

Not a big deal, just might start doing more healing near 85.
Verilus 
FelhoundFelhound
Verilus

Male Age : 35

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 奥特兰克 - PVP
Name: Gigatab/Tabasco
Guild: Crazy Waiguorens

paladin cata _
  paladin cata I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011 - 6:32  #
I'm healer + tank. Collecting tank gear from healing instances atm since its easier to heal hahhaa. As for tanking, you shouldnt run into too much problems as long as you interrupt at the right moments and dodge things that you should be dodging. Aggro shouldnt be much of a problem. Though i think in 4.3, all tanks get higher aggro percentage. But for now you should still be fine =D
Cheese 
RaptorRaptor
Cheese

Male Location : Shenzhen

Character in WOW
Server: 鬼雾峰-CN3
Name: Brie
Guild:

paladin cata _
  paladin cata I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011 - 3:40  #
Cool.
I'm leveling as prot and when I have to tank, or just need to get aggro from my little buddy its much faster than in the past. The change to Avenger's Sheild makes keeping first hit aggro easy even vs two Shadowbolts.
I was hoping this aggro trend would continue as its fun to level as a tank with 8 little things trying to kill you.

Thanks for the advice, once I get close to 85 I'll go healy and grap what prot I can. only 40 to go ~
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

paladin cata _
  paladin cata I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011 - 13:31  #
Keep in mind that what you want as a paladin tank is more mastery. Because of the changes to block in Cataclysm, the more mastery we have as tanks the better.
For example, back in wotlk you could basically block every attack with over 60% block chance in Wotlk. In Cataclysm, they changed it so that you have 30% chance to block at all times. Mastery only increases that 30% chance of block to work. Meaning that the more mastery you have, the more blocks you'll have.
For a clear idea on your defensive stats, you need around 112% ( 112% = dodge+parry+block) at level 85. Out of all the tanks, we're the ones that dodge the least. First being feral druids. Our specialty is blocking.

(I was the guild tank, so I know my stuff!)

funkyging 
FelhoundFelhound

Character in WOW
Server: alterac
Name: Berilac
Guild: crazy waigorens

paladin cata _
  paladin cata I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011 - 16:59  #
I second sands comment. your priority on gear is Mastery > dodge/parry being the same

http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/character/%E5%A5%A5%E7%89%B9%E5%85%B0%E5%85%8B/berilac/simple
http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/character/%E5%A5%A5%E7%89%B9%E5%85%B0%E5%85%8B/sandre/simple

check out our gears for some advice on gems,enchants etc
Sponsored content 

paladin cata _
  paladin cata I_icon_minitime  #

paladin cata

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: WoW ingame talk :: Classes -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com