Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

New Lao Wei

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Juice 
CorpseCorpse

New Lao Wei _
  New Lao Wei I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007 - 15:05  #
Hello everyone,

My name is Justin (a.k.a. Juice in WOW) and I recently moved to Xi'an, Shanxi province two weeks ago to teach English. Yes I love my Warcraft and to my delight it's pretty huge here. Obviously I wanted to play here. But when I log on to my old server, I get like 700-900 ping, it's gross.

Imagine how happy I was to see there's a community of ex-pats in WoW. So yeah I went through the threads, but I'd rather get a straight answer from you guys: how the hell do I play WOW here?

I have WOW installed, with TBC and everything. Do I have to buy the chinese game? Sad Sad I don't want everything in Chinese...

Can I use the N. American software already installed, but start a chinese account and play on a Chinese server?

Or what's the deal with the Taiwan servers? Can I play on those from my regular WOW account/software? Character transfer maybe? Please enlighten me, I want my fix.

A few parting notes:

1. as soon as I find out how to play, I'm bringing in at least one other player. Many of my fellow English teachers are computer nerds too Smile.

2. I'm Horde for life. I'd probably play in your Horde PVP guild (crazy foreign ghosts??).

3. Je parle francais, je suis quebecois Smile

Peace,
Juice
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Server: TW
Name: noobcake
Guild:

New Lao Wei _
  New Lao Wei I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007 - 15:57  #
aodelanke crazy waiguoren guild Smile
pouetpou 

New Lao Wei _
  New Lao Wei I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2007 - 15:59  #
Salut HI !

Welcome ! I have the regret to tell you 'll can't play with your current client. You have somethings to do before ; https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/News-Patch-f4/Solution-for-the-evil-patch-t72.htm
Take your old version of wow fr, and stop the updates at 1.12...
Yes we play with the old version, but not in Taiwan... (strange for a part of China...).
You'll need files from the chinese client (MP me i'll send you by email if you want.) And then you'll be ready to play WoW in china with your own client.

Hope it's clear. HO ! You already can logg your account. Use this link : https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/General-f1/Subscribe-at-WoW-China-s-inscrire-a-WoW-Chine-t4.htm

See ya later, hope you'll get the last version of wow fr 1.12 ! And you are welcome !!!
ownage 

New Lao Wei _
  New Lao Wei I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2007 - 11:36  #
HORDE FOR LIFE BRO, HORDE FOR LIFE! Very Happy

and don't you worry, we'll hook you right up with everything english......or french....or whatever you want Wink

If you still can't get it working after reading the trend pouetpou post you can get naklin to help you out, he's the resident wiz kid here Wink

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: when registering an account on wowchina, make sure you get a REAL national ID from a chinese friend; while you're at it, tell your chinese friend to setup the matrix protection system as well..

There's alot of trojans on the net that steal wow accounts.
Juice 
CorpseCorpse

New Lao Wei _
  New Lao Wei I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2007 - 15:24  #
Double Dragon and pouetpou check your PMs, send you both a message Smile
Juice 
CorpseCorpse

New Lao Wei _
  New Lao Wei I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2007 - 17:48  #
Just posted this in another forum, but I'm desperate to play, so I'll post it here too:

man-

I'm new to this stuff too. I'm wracking my brain trying to figure things out. my WoW version is sitting at 1.12.1.5875. If I run it as is, it'll try to update to 2.0.x or whatever, which is TBC. I'm trying to update to 1.12.3 or whatever, the one I need for China, but I can't.

My realmslist is set as: "set cn4.grunt.wowchina.com". Is this the proper wording?

I downloaded Hehehe.rar, and here's what happens if I follow the instructions:

- if I add the 4 Chinese WoW files, I get the same problem as others before me have: when I put it my login and password and hit enter, the ***'s of the PW just disappear.

- if, after that, I add the patch-3.mpq and the enwow1123.exe files, i can login ...connecting ...authentication... handshaking...OOH looking good...BAM: "Unable to validate game version. This may be caused by file corruption or the interference of another program. Please visit www.blizzard.com/support/wow for more informations and possible solutions to this issue."

Sad Sad Que faire? What to do?

Juice
Luna 
Scarlet MonkScarlet Monk
Luna

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

New Lao Wei _
  New Lao Wei I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2007 - 19:11  #
1. Make sure you are getting the correct upgrade for your game. E.g. if you are english version you need to download the english patch up to 1.2.2 (?) and then use hehehe.rar to mod it into 1.2.3
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

New Lao Wei _
  New Lao Wei I_icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr 2007 - 22:36  #
i am a bloodsail pirate...... ye, matey...
arrrrrr, walk the planks, ye ol' fool. or i'll feed'ya to thay sharks.
now pass me thay rum, you maggot, for i am a pirate... yarrrrrr...
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

New Lao Wei _
  New Lao Wei I_icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr 2007 - 11:30  #
ninja > pirates

hummmm

spartans > the world
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

New Lao Wei _
  New Lao Wei I_icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr 2007 - 11:45  #
zerg > spartans
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Guild:

New Lao Wei _
  New Lao Wei I_icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr 2007 - 13:12  #
42 >
Sponsored content 

New Lao Wei _
  New Lao Wei I_icon_minitime  #

New Lao Wei

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Technical support -
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com