Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Padre 
MurlocMurloc

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Server: 奥德兰克
Name: Twisted
Guild: Crazy Waiguorens

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 _
  Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2007 - 6:42  #
Nak.. you're like a crack pusher with a bunch of junkies chasing you around all the time.. how does it feel to have so much power over people's addictions???

Last edited by on Fri 7 Sep 2007 - 10:05; edited 1 time in total
salino 
HarpyHarpy
salino

Male Age : 42

Character in WOW
Server: maduolan
Name: Salino
Guild:

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2007 - 8:56  #
otherwise, use for e.g. isohunt.com to search for WOW and TBC Software, and a dl client like azureus.

patch it up to 2.13
copy nak's files into wow root directory
edit realmlist.wtf
enjoy the game

just DL the 2GB overnight......no problem at all. did the same with the german client, directly from wow-europe.com support.

regards,
ganaat 
HydraHydra
ganaat

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: Bronzebeard
Name:
Guild: chinese

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2007 - 10:09  #
Thx mate,
I go and try tonight after work. May be will stop crying Sad
Anonymou 

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2007 - 12:42  #
Different things seem to be working for different people. Perhaps it is because of some difference in the EU and US versions, but as I said I'm not much of a computer person.

I applied the zip files provided by Naklin, according to what I thought his instructions were. Any mistakes were purely my error.

I got past the first hurdle, the point where WoW tells me that it cannot validate the version, but when I attempted to sign in I got a further message telling me I needed TBC on my computer.

To the best of my knowledge (and that is admittedly slim) the work around I posted works if:

1. You applied the zipped files Naklin provided.
2. You get to sign in, but are told you need TBC.
3. You are using the US client (enUS).

Others, in other circumstances, may or may not find this a useful work around. I do not suggest it is really adequate for a long term solution, but it got me on for now. If there is a better fix (since I'm not in Shanghai and won't be able to get copies of the disks) I would love to hear it. Right now I'm working with mainly pre TBC material and I suspect the bugs in the work around will start to show when I try to move on to Outlands with purely TBC content. At best this buys some time for more skilled people to find a better solution or for a quick fix while downloading TBC.
Anonymou 

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2007 - 12:46  #
Addendum: For those who are downloading direct from Blizzard, how are you dealing with the requirement for an existing or prior account. All of my play time has been in China and I haven't found Blizzard recognizes Chinese accounts as "existing" accounts.
ganaat 
HydraHydra
ganaat

Character in WOW
Name:

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2007 - 14:56  #
rhodekylle,

Folowing my mate Salino's advice, i have downloaded programm called Azureus (per to per) and went to web : isohunt.com and searched for "TBC". And using Azureus I started to dl. Right now I'm at 29% of 2.33G file. Will finish in 10 hours, I hope. I'll try to install it and will see. If it works I'll post back here
Anonymou 

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2007 - 4:15  #
Ganaat,

Thanks! Just remember to scan thoroughly for key loggers; I've seen too many complaints about them on the US boards and too many naked 60s standing by mailboxes here. For that matter, my assistant got hit with one. Sadly, it would appear they've become common. If you come up with a clean download, perhaps you can pm me the link to that torrent. I don't have high level characters or gear but really would hate to find my toons naked and spamming. Worse, I play more male trolls than female night elves ... it wouldn't be pretty.
halamadrid 
DefiasDefias

Male Location : beijing

Character in WOW
Server: 麦维影歌
Name: Eryx
Guild:

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2007 - 12:38  #

Last edited by halamadrid on Tue 24 May 2011 - 15:33; edited 1 time in total
ganaat 
HydraHydra
ganaat

Character in WOW
Name:

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 8 Sep 2007 - 18:20  #
ok
I got my TBC working
1. Install WOW
2. Install TBC (Dl from isohunt.com)
3. patch it from US server until the end 2.1.3(....)
4. Copy Naklin files
5. Fix realmlist.wtf

And now I'm back to game.
halamadrid 
DefiasDefias

Character in WOW
Guild:

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2007 - 6:24  #
can someone send me the Naklin files because i cant download it...
Sainan 
RaptorRaptor

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Server: region 4 澳得兰克
Name: Sainan
Guild:

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2007 - 6:44  #
I am sending them now

EDIT - Cant send it. gMail will not send zip files containing .exe files. Sorry

STDK/Sainan

Last edited by on Sun 9 Sep 2007 - 7:39; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid 
DefiasDefias

Character in WOW
Guild:

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2007 - 7:29  #
can someone upload the file again or send to me at ericzhu900@hotmail.com because i cant dowload it.plizzzzzzz
black_j 
RaptorRaptor

Character in WOW
Server: Bronzebeard 山丘之王
Name: Akatosh
Guild: The Foreigners

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2007 - 13:23  #
@halamadrid:
i'll upload it to rapidshare in a few minutes if you still dont have it

ok here you go:
http://rapidshare.com/files/54418698/wow_EN_214.zip.html
halamadrid 
DefiasDefias

Character in WOW
Guild:

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep 2007 - 14:02  #
thank you!!^^
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2007 - 7:16  #
arghfl....
this is the 11th edit of this post.

i again removed everything because i think its too harsh.
so, very short now:
i won't do fixes anymore.
thank you rhodekylle for killing all my motivation.
Go find "more skilled people" to do this job. I bet among all those passive people on the forum who didn't even "offer" help for finding a solution you will get your lucky pick.

I resign.
people on my serv still have my full assistance. I don't let them down. They are among all, the kindest (all included) i have known from all this forum's members.

Goodbye.
Rhodekylle: My fix has no bug. You are the bug. you DONT have TBC installed. the game tell you so. why don't you get that?
Fix works for ALL languages.
And... on a sidenote: You can download FULL TBC from blizzard WITHOUT a registered account. I posted the link already on this forum. so did others. Use search.
Or maybe just get a bit more through blizzards site. you might find it.
while you are finding stuff, please find more skilled people for the next patches. because i won't do squat anymore

So, note to all: Ask rhodeskylle.

goodbye. it was a fun year on this forum. bye.
LePanda 
SuccubusSuccubus
LePanda

Male Age : 42

Character in WOW
Server: Beijing 2 - 主宰之剑
Name: Amore
Guild:

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2007 - 10:08  #

So, for one newcomer in the forum that criticize your job you are ignoring the many thanks that you had by all the others?

... sad ...
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2007 - 10:26  #
i appreciate all those thanks.
and its not for one newcomer.
its for amazing critizism. i am not the easiest person. for sure not. but i have had to hear tons of things during these past months. simply not right. totally unbased, and everybody just thinking "meh meh meh".
the "newcomer" was simply another drop in the bucket.
i dont know. maybe i jut need time to calm down. i have no idea. but this kills me.

nervmind me. i am just an idiot apparently.

PS: i don't mind criticism, if it is founded or supported by some arguments.
i do mind though people recommending to use or not something to other users, without any knowledge whatsoever about the subject, which in return makes then them ask me many many new questions.
Anonymou 

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Sep 2007 - 17:28  #
Um, Naklin, have a beer and re read what I've posted. At no point did I state or imply that your work had a bug. I commended the speed you worked with. I clearly wrote that if anything was not going right with what I was doing it was because of what *I* was doing.

My sincere apologies for whatever set you off. Nothing was intended to, nor did I think I had done anything other than state my respect for the work you've done. If you care to point out a particular statement I made that has caused this level of distress I will be glad to apologize.

No, I don't have TBC installed. Never said I did, never said I wanted to do something like go to Outlands without installing TBC. All I've ever asked for help in doing was logging onto existing content so the well intentioned patch by The9 didn't leave me locked out ... the patch by the9 ... not your patch.

As for lack of knowledge, no I don't claim to be a programmer. You seem to have worked wonders and I thought I had given you due credit and respect. I am not, however, so benightedly ignorant that I can't comment out a file and do simple substitions. You asked for other people to do something, I did. I reported a problem, what I did to work around it, what errors I encountered, and clearly warned that I did not think it was an adequate answer. Read again and you should see that if "more skilled" is what set you off ... I was referring to more skilled than ME and I was crediting YOU for being one who clearly has more skill.
Luna 
Scarlet MonkScarlet Monk
Luna

Character in WOW
Server:
Name:
Guild:

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 16 Sep 2007 - 0:53  #
Anonymou wrote:
Ganaat,
I play more male trolls than female night elves ... it wouldn't be pretty.

heheh, no wonder...
Kagetsuya 
CorpseCorpse

Male Location : Shenzhen

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2007 - 6:41  #
The TBC iso is available on ISO hunt. I have high speed internet in Shenzhen costing 800RMB/month, I d/l the iso in about 2 hours. I know..I had to brag abit..considering this rip off price for high speed, but WOW is saving me tons of money by screwing up my social life.

I installed and updated to 2.13, then I backed up all the files with the same names as the Naklin files as well as the config.wtf file in the WTF folder. Copied the Nakin files into the WOW folder.

I then needed to copy the WTF folder from China WOW to the english WOW and I was able to log in. I will paly around for a bit, I don't really understand the mpq thing... So they are banning accounts with ppl running like this? What's the news..should I NOT run this then...

Damn games like this should have multi language support with language packs... damn it!
Franscois 
KoboldKobold
Franscois

Male Age : 40

Character in WOW
Server: Area 4 - 澳得兰克
Name: Zarda
Guild:

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2007 - 16:55  #
Both download links for the following files do not work:

http://files.filefront.com/WoWrar/;8489948;/filein

www.i5studios.com/lvzhou/wow_EN_214.zip

i had to reinstall my PC after my HDD crashed and i need these file can some body lease send me the zip file PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

franscoisprinsloo@Hotmail.com
franscoisprinsloo@gmail.com

THANKS again
Sponsored content 

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime  #

Patch 2.1.4.7192 = Solution inside (Thanks to Naklin)

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Technical support -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com