Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Plastic Rat 
CorpseCorpse

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners _
  English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners I_icon_minitimeWed 9 Jan 2008 - 9:20  #
EDIT: Whatever. Nevermind then.

Last edited by on Sun 13 Jan 2008 - 5:48; edited 1 time in total
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Server: TW
Name: noobcake
Guild:

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners I_icon_minitimeWed 9 Jan 2008 - 14:09  #
lol u r fun ppl Smile
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners I_icon_minitimeWed 9 Jan 2008 - 22:56  #
Quote :
1) Please type like you're literate.
I understand if you're a second language English speaker and your grammar or spelling might not be 100%. That's totally understandable. What's inexcusable is crap like 'u' instead of 'you', '2' instead of 'to' and a complete lack of capital letters or punctuation. If you have the uncontrollable compulsion to use 'lol' in every sentence you type online, likewise please stay away.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
ROFLMAO ILICISCOMK MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAA
hOw'S tHiS fOr PuNcTuAtIoN???

i mean, your whole post is good. and you seem fun, but that point, how "2" say ... MWAKAKAAKA... c'mon guys... some people write one way and some another... honestly, you seem fun, but for this point, yeah, i would class you as elitist pr***s.
i mean, let's face it, I don't use "2" for "to", because its more "sms" language than it is chat langueage (netwise) actually. and you / u , honestly, i type fast enough. yet some people are not so confortable typing out things, especially if they are not "clickers" (meaning, if they play a little more challenging, taking on 5-6 mobs while chatting, you don't have that much time to type ^^)
the point that actually got me was the "forbidden" <LOL>....
so what do you type? "hahaha"? or "/me is laughing" or "Wow, thats so funny i am rolling on the floor laughing", when someon is saying something funny.

you made my evening. i am tipsy, had a great night, and you crack me up. ROFLMAO!

Quote :
This may seem petty, elitist and idiotic, but if you can't be bothered to type like a human being, don't waste your time joining us.
how DOES a human being type?
enlighten me... gnihihihi... because i will be able to argue about that.
say : "express yourself grammatically correct like a person fluent in english is supposed to"... maybe you hit your point.... but "type like a human being"?
moooooot point....... weak.

/endflame

*grins*
Plastic Rat 
CorpseCorpse

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008 - 6:44  #
Ultimately, balance in all things. Yes, I use the terms 'lol' and 'rofl' to indicate that I found something funny that someone said.

I also don't run each and every message I write to somebody online or in a chat through a spelling and grammar filter. I make mistakes. My friends make mistakes. That's fine.

The difference is that I respect the person I'm sending the message to enough, to formulate my thoughts into something that can be easily and quickly read and understood.

I don't go out of my way to garble up the entire message with meaningless alpha-numerics.

My issue is people who would type something like this: "rofl i wunt 2 pla with u but i cant b intrst 2 rite proply ROFL U NOOO lol i think my cofie iz redy brb lol n00b!!1"

...and then expect other people to take them seriously and actually read their message.

I've simply found that playing with people like this, or reading their comments online annoys the living crap out of me. For this reason I'd rather get the point across before they end up playing with us.

We're not desperate for players. We'd like more, but by no means am I going to play with some annoying idiot who can't be bothered to turn his/her keyboard the right way around before typing a message.

To me it just measures the difference between an intelligent and mature person who will be fun to play with, and an annoying brat that's likely going to ninja loot the next blue drop and say: "lol sorry rong button =.= lol"

Quote :

Hey, if you're just looking for something to argue about I can start a conversation about religion or politics if you'd like?
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008 - 9:10  #
Quote :
you made my evening. i am tipsy, had a great night, and you crack me up. ROFLMAO!
jesus christ. i think i was totally hammered and not just tipsy, because i don't even remember me posting this..... heh
On the other hand, its interesting how the only way to get some discussion or conversations in this forum is by "charging" at people, as its otherwise quite dead.

don't take too personally things i write at 4am. hehe

Quote :
My issue is people who would type something like this: "rofl i wunt 2 pla with u but i cant b intrst 2 rite proply ROFL U NOOO lol i think my cofie iz redy brb lol n00b!!1"
well, these people earn my "shouldn't you be in school now" reply.
but to be honest i have never ever seen anyone write THAT bad.
and have been hanging around on the net and ARPA since about '91 .

but i understand where you are coming from. Smile

Quote :

Quote :

Hey, if you're just looking for something to argue about I can start a conversation about religion or politics if you'd like?

politics and religion not so much fun.
ganaat 
HydraHydra
ganaat

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: Bronzebeard
Name:
Guild: chinese

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008 - 11:02  #
HAHAHA

U r really lost foreigners....really.. u guys made my day too...

let me guess: u guys in your 50's, republicans? hahaha
Demonel 
RaptorRaptor
Demonel

Male
Character in WOW
Server: 暗影之月
Name:
Guild:

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2008 - 12:33  #
sorry.........FOR THE HORDE!!!

Wink Razz Very Happy
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Server: TW
Name: noobcake
Guild:

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2008 - 12:06  #
"lost foreigners"

pathetic Smile
Plastic Rat 
CorpseCorpse

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2008 - 6:01  #
deadanus wrote:
"lost foreigners"

pathetic Smile

Hmm... I see a junction ahead.. a crossroads in my future.

My options at this point:

A) Engage in the equivalent of a primary school name-calling match with somebody I've never met and who's apparent over-inflated estimation of their own sense of humour leads them to post pithy one-liners on the internet..

or

B) ...not.

Tough choice, but I guess 'B' it is.

Have a good one all!
tc_xis 
DefiasDefias

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Jan 2008 - 11:51  #
LMFAO this is the funniest post ive ever seen that wasnt on he official wow forums..XD
ganaat 
HydraHydra
ganaat

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: Bronzebeard
Name:
Guild: chinese

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2008 - 7:00  #
Lost foreigners... where are you?
Please post some more.. need somthing to go through todays routine work...
Sponsored content 

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners I_icon_minitime  #

English guild on Taiwan servers - Lost Foreigners

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com