Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

English client in China

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Sainan 
RaptorRaptor

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Server: region 4 澳得兰克
Name: Sainan
Guild:

English client in China _
  English client in China I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Dec 2006 - 16:43  #
So, my wife and I made it to the land in the middle. We have the EU client (English version). When we wish to log on we connect to the EU realms. Is there a way we can change that so we see the Chinse realms so we do not have to Download the game again? Also we sorta like the English client since, well, its in english.

Sainan
Sainan 
RaptorRaptor

Character in WOW
Guild:

English client in China I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Dec 2006 - 17:07  #
Sainan wrote:
So, my wife and I made it to the land in the middle. We have the EU client (English version). When we wish to log on we connect to the EU realms. Is there a way we can change that so we see the Chinse realms so we do not have to Download the game again? Also we sorta like the English client since, well, its in english.

Sainan

I changed the realmlist-file to "set realmlist cn1.grunt.wowchina.com" but when I run the game I get a "Unable to validate game version ... bla bla bla". So I guess I need to do something else as well.
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

English client in China I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Dec 2006 - 9:48  #
Hi Sainan

There is a way to use your English Client in China and connect to chinese Servers. You have to modify some files in your English WoW and it works perfect !!!!

!!!!! The only limitation is that you have to use both Versions with the same Patch data ( right now ENG-WOW=2.01; CHN-WOW=1.12.3) !!!!!

There is a solution in the forum but it is only working if you did not patch the English version to 2.01 you still need 1.12.1 or 1.12.2 !

I am pretty new to this community and was believing i am the only one trying to work on this problem. It is great to see that there is such a huge Foreign WOW Community in China.

As soon as i found a solution i will post it in the forums, please be patient and wait one more week then the chinese version should be also patched to 2.01!
Sainan 
RaptorRaptor

Character in WOW
Guild:

English client in China I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Dec 2006 - 11:04  #
stItCh wrote:
Hi Sainan

There is a way to use your English Client in China and connect to chinese Servers. You have to modify some files in your English WoW and it works perfect !!!!

!!!!! The only limitation is that you have to use both Versions with the same Patch data ( right now ENG-WOW=2.01; CHN-WOW=1.12.3) !!!!!

There is a solution in the forum but it is only working if you did not patch the English version to 2.01 you still need 1.12.1 or 1.12.2 !

I am pretty new to this community and was believing i am the only one trying to work on this problem. It is great to see that there is such a huge Foreign WOW Community in China.

As soon as i found a solution i will post it in the forums, please be patient and wait one more week then the chinese version should be also patched to 2.01!

Okey, Ill hold out a bit longer. Anyhow I found this site:
http://oblivion.lolstfu.net/articles/moddingwow.htm

That explain which files to alter. Guess it's simply the fact that I patched the EU version to 2.01 and China is still at 1.12 thats screwing with me. Oh well.

S
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

English client in China I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Dec 2006 - 11:13  #
Yehaa that Link is cool. Almost the same way like i Did it. I will open a post and explain how i modified my English , German Version to run in China and my Chinese Version in Germany in the past.
I hope the new patch did not screw my method.
Djiguidjik 
HydraHydra
Djiguidjik

Male Age : 40

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan
Name: Madinina
Guild:

English client in China I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Dec 2006 - 14:11  #
yaw yaw !!

In the forum there is another help to play on chinese servers with an english version and it's without modify the registry...only move of some files !
I think it's safer,
if you want to try it Wink :

https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/viewtopic.forum?t=72&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

afro
Sainan 
RaptorRaptor

Character in WOW
Guild:

English client in China I_icon_minitimeSun 7 Jan 2007 - 6:21  #
Hey guys,
So, now I just need to regristre. Got everything ready, even bought the cards to pay for the game. But the reg. process is confusing. I tried the guide from this forum, but it gives me some problems. I will have to get a chinese person to do it for me.

Anyhow, is there NO way to play WoW without having a Chinese ID card? What is it with them and all this regrestration! I guess I will need some stamps on some form in two or three offices as well before I can play!

S
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

English client in China I_icon_minitimeSun 7 Jan 2007 - 11:12  #
its for security purposes.
supposedly you should have your ID card number (you, supposedly being chinese). while other people might find out your login and / or password, your true identity should remain only beknownst to you.
if you ever get your account hijacked, or your chars deleted, you can get a rollback / reset of that account and your characters restored (once a years only, i think). in order to do so, and to reset ALLpasswords and restore a char that was stolen, abused or deleted even, you will have to prove you are the true owner, thus supplying the ID card number from the registration process. The9.com will never ever tell you your ID number, nor will they be able to mail it to you or change it after registration to a different one.
I strongly suggest this number to be written down and kept safe.
this part of the registration process is in my opinion the best of all. knowing our MT and raid / guildleader got his account hijacked and his ear deleted this week (sumone got his password), we as a guild would ahve had lots of trouble. simply the time it would take to grind back his gear, T2, T2.5 and T3 would be insane. he managed to have a rollback though and we are back on track.
it would be nice if the US / EU would have same measures.....
have a nice day
Sainan 
RaptorRaptor

Character in WOW
Guild:

English client in China I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2007 - 23:59  #
Seems I can use my IP as identifier as well. A friend of mine made an account on www.16t.cn and according to him I should be able to pay that way ... Now if I only knew where to punch in the numbers from the card.

Naklin: "Someone got his password" - then it really dosent matter what kind of messures you have. If you give away you password and account name you're asking to have your account stolen. Ok, it could be a key-logger, but as you mentioned Blizzard know this and is pretty cool about rollbacks (if nothing else). It do normally take around 3 weeks for it to happend though.

Sainan
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

English client in China I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Jan 2007 - 1:28  #
was most probably a keylogger.... he didn't ahve the matrix tingie enabled (1.12.3 update added that).
rollback took roughly 1.5 working days.
gratz to our guildleader, back hurting naxx bosses where the sun don't shine.

never heard about the ip thingie. fact is though, you cantype in any 13/15 digit number. if you lucky, you hit a passport number. i used the number of a chinese friend, and just modified last digit, and BAM, it's recognized as a real number still. Smile
your IP as identifier would be risky though. IIRC, static IP costs still a shitload of money here. so either you are an exception, or you have a dynamic ip like the rest of us Smile
Sainan 
RaptorRaptor

Character in WOW
Guild:

English client in China I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Jan 2007 - 12:23  #
Yeah, perhaps I just use it to "fill up my account" at least that was what his email told me. Anyhow, he should be in town next week, so Ill get him to look at it personally. My assistant looked a bit confused when I asked her to figure out how wowchina worked.

If anyone feel like it, please PM me with a login and a password, then I will see if my client(s) work. If that's the case I will continue to work on the "payment" to Blizzard, if it is not the case then Ill just wait until my friend shows up to fix it.

Sainan
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

English client in China I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2007 - 5:56  #
sainan... PM me..... i have no time, PM page is loading slowly, i am leaving for a company trip now. will check here when arrived.
PM me and i'll give you my alt hunter login.
(careful, it's a pvp server... hehe) enjoy grinding with a weird hunter and say hello to deadanus if he happens to be ingame. ^^
Sainan 
RaptorRaptor

Character in WOW
Guild:

English client in China I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2007 - 11:38  #
Enjoy your trip. Send the information about the card PM-style.

Sainan
Sponsored content 

English client in China I_icon_minitime  #

English client in China

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: Technical support -
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com