Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Male Age : 46

Character in WOW
Server: TW-Stormscale (雷鱗)
Name: Naklin
Guild: All Gear No Skill

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d _
  READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2006 - 11:22  #
Displaying chinese characters in-game:

Download the following .rar file
here.

Create a folder called Fonts in your WoW root ( eg: C:\WoW\Fonts )
Extract the contents of the downloaded .zip file into this newly created Fonts folder
You now are able to SEE Chinese characters in EVERY part of the game
(this includes everything, really)

Typing chinese characters in-game:

Most of you ( I assume ) will to "typical" windows installations instead of doing them custom and in detail. So for all those, Have your Windows CD ready, because you will need it.

First, open the control panel and double click on Regional and Language Options
READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d Unicode1

From there, a window will open. Go to the SECOND TAB (Languages). And make sure in Supplemental Language Support you have selected both options.
(At this point, if you did not do that during the installation, Windows MAY prompt you to insert the installation CD again. Do it.)
READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d Unicode2

Now, last but not least, go to the THIRD TAB (Advanced) and make sure to chose Chinese PRC (or Taiwan, if you want traditional characters) in the Language for non-Unicode Programs part.
(Windows will ask you to reboot. Do that.)
READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d Unicode3

You are done. You can now SEE and WRITE in chinese in World of Warcraft.

Addendum: You still do need a chinese keyboard layout. I assume all of you know how that is done in windows. (I strongly suggest IME3 input instead of the chinese preferred QuanPin).
If some people do not have this installed / configured either, post here, I will add a second part to this... it's even easier than what i wrote just now.
Globuline 
Timmy The CruelTimmy The Cruel
Globuline

Female Age : 38

Character in WOW
Server: maduolan-马多兰
Name: Globuline
Guild: Cow Eaters

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2006 - 12:34  #
er, thank you for that great topic!
Even though Cya's done that already... Razz
Seriously, maybe you didn't see the post, but it is there.

However, you could help us solve this problem, after having done that, many of my software display Chinese hanzi instead of accent....

Anyway, I'm moving this topic to the FAQ.
And thanks a lot again for your help!!!

Last edited by Globuline on Sat 14 Jun 2008 - 13:59; edited 1 time in total
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2006 - 14:28  #
the accented letter / hanzi replacement affects only people with weird keyboard layouts / special chars in the alphabet (french, germans, spanish)... and ONLY in SOME software... people.. it's WOW..... so who cares...

no, i didn't see that post.. i look.. maybe restructure a new forum section for tutorials, how to's, sticky them, lock them, and title them accordingly wel... because i didn't see it, and i still got PMed about this on this forum, so others didn't see it as well....
Sad

for the rest, happy if i can help.
going to TAQ now.. i am late.... byebye
Djiguidjik 
HydraHydra
Djiguidjik

Male Age : 40

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan
Name: Madinina
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2006 - 15:01  #
I think your idea is good Naklin, but instead of doing a new forum section, I think we should just rename the "NOT FAQ BUT ALMOST" section to something like "FAQ, Turorials and Translation Help"... ?

Because there is already every informations needed is that section and also the great glossary !

edit : For the accent problem, our Guild is international and there is many french inside so I think it's a major problem ! (I have it wall ) So if anyone knows the solution.. !
I will continue myself to search for a solution geek
deadanus 
RagnarosRagnaros
deadanus

Character in WOW
Server: TW
Name: noobcake
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2006 - 16:20  #
best solution to that problem is to never use accent Smile

I do that since forever and i works fine ...
Djiguidjik 
HydraHydra
Djiguidjik

Character in WOW
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2006 - 19:24  #
lol, but if we had said that when we tried to play chinese wow we would never be playing now !! Evil or Very Mad

So, come on guys, it's just another challenge !! Twisted Evil
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Dec 2006 - 19:41  #
there is NO solution for it.
it's the way windows and non-unicode programs handle the ASCii table.
blame it on the programmers of those software packages (including blizzard)... thats why i have to rewrite some very good chinese mods, to work in US version, because the txt files they use are save in ANSi encoding format and then the chars are not saved correctly and i get garbage.
sam happens with english CT_RaidTracker when you raid with chinese people. you wont keep names of them unless you edit it manually to use a different format.

if you MUSt use accents AND want WOW with chars, then get some software that will emulate non-unicode ASCii tables for specific programs only (layer emulation). but you will have to pay or crack them.

its a downside, i know.
the glossary section is GREAT. it's a real piece of treasure, i am very agreeing with that point. So keep up that work.
i will stop posting tuts, as they apparently all exist. so, nvm.
^^
halamadrid 
DefiasDefias

Male Location : beijing

Character in WOW
Server: 麦维影歌
Name: Eryx
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Dec 2006 - 11:27  #
thanks a lot naklin!!!
Djiguidjik 
HydraHydra
Djiguidjik

Character in WOW
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Dec 2006 - 13:23  #
Yes thank you Naklin !!
Not all the tuts exist !! So don't stop to post if you have some interesting ones, but, before make sure it hasn't been posted yet on the forum Smile
and you can also complete some tuts if there is something missing chinese
Malkavia 
CorpseCorpse

Male Location : Dalian, Liaoning

Character in WOW
Server: The Cow Server!!
Name: Samirah
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeMon 15 Jan 2007 - 20:34  #
I'm running the Chinese client so no problems for me with the chinese part... and not to mention I havent tried this software with Eng/Fra/Ger wow's.... but what about using "Applocale" (MS official software, its a great "emulator" for Language OS and its FREE) and setting the language to Chinese simp/tradi when you launch the game.... I've used it countless times when running Japanese software and instalations.... not that into ASCii etc... so dont know if it works with wow. if anyone tries it out lets hear if it worked or not.
elpriest 
KoboldKobold

Character in WOW
Server: region 1 山丘之王
Name: Thedestroyer
Guild: 收割者

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2007 - 9:03  #
Hi everybody,
can you post again the link to download the font please? because the first link is not working anymore.

Thank you
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2007 - 23:19  #
i will re-post the link for the fonts AND the images (Screenshots) in relation with this post.
I am having routine maintenance done on my server rack in the US, and therefore most file links are broken right now. i am transferring most stuff to my aux. server as we speak. all should be back up running during weekend.
Sorry for inconvenience.
elpriest 
KoboldKobold

Character in WOW

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2007 - 8:50  #
Thank you very much!!! eheheheh
Michaelv2.0 
CritterCritter

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2007 - 8:15  #
Looks like my old account went inactive. Sad

Anyway, quick into. I was here about a year ago and offered the first tutorial on how to read and write Chinese in game. It's been almost a year since I played and just reinstalled Wow. It sems your method is easier. Smile

Can you put the download package back up? I just reinstalled WoW today.

Thank you
pouetp0u 
GolemGolem
pouetp0u

Male Location : Shanghai

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克
Name: Pouetpou
Guild: TCW

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2007 - 4:59  #
hey, are you CYA ? who knows where CYA is now ? what rerolll he have ?

pano
yryana 
RaptorRaptor
yryana

Male
Character in WOW
Server: Warsong PRC PvP (战歌)
Name: Yryana
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2007 - 7:30  #
Ok guys even if the link says '404 Not Found' it is still possible to download them:

Click the Link you'll get to this website 'http://www.i5studios.com/lvzhou/fonts.zip'

It'll look like this:

Not Found
The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Ok now let's remove 'lvzhou/fonts.zip' from the address so it looks like this:

http://www.i5studios.com/

You can actually just type in this Link.

Now you will see 'Index of /' and some other stuff.

Just press '[ ] fonts.zip 11-May-2006 09:32 30.2M'

Jup press the 'fonts.zip' and see what happens.
Download Window is there and you're able to download it hehe.
Hf with your new chinese characters.

Greetz

Yryana / Moritz

P.S.: For those who don't need the explanation Very Happy Just press this link:

http://www.i5studios.com/fonts.zip
vinsagi 
ImpImp

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Oct 2007 - 2:55  #
Can anyone tell me where I can download the ime so I can write chinese in wow itself? One I downloaded only allowed me to write on notepad by writing the pinyin and then selecting the right hanze. I'm still learning chinese and the settings on the program is too complicated for me to understand.

Edit: I'd like to add that I'm not sure about the PRC thing. I have two options, PRC and the program that I installed. Does this mean I can write chinese when I select PRC instead of the program I installed?
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Oct 2007 - 6:04  #
gratz yryana to play a bit around on my server... lol
=.=''

vinsagi:
you dont need to download anything for IME.
comes with windows. just install it.
if not done yet, shift CD in and install it again (the ime part).
and for tyipping in game you must change a setting.

FOR EVERYBODY:
TYPING CHINESE IN WORD, NOTEPAD, INTERNET EXPLORER, etc.
does NOT MEAN you can type in WOW. WOW is a NON-UNICODE PROGRAM ENVIRONMENT and needs other ascii table replacements.

i REALLY will try to find the time to put up the tutorial again on this thread.

nak
sckl618 
CorpseCorpse

Male Age : 45

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Nov 2007 - 15:38  #
hello,

i have a question before download the fonts into my wow directory. when you say everything... does that mean the quests are in chinese as well now? if that is the case, is there any way i can keep the quests in english, but just what others are typing?
massacraur 
DefiasDefias

Male Location : Beijing WOW cybercafe

Character in WOW
Server: Beijing2- Warsong (战歌)
Name: Massacraur
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Nov 2007 - 16:48  #
when he say everything is in chinese, he does not meen the whole game interface.
everything that normaly shows up as ? (question marks) will now be displayed in chinese
eg. Server names, player names.

Everything that worked fine in english before will stay the same.
only what your game couldnt read (chinese characters) can be seen.

P.S: thanks for your post yryana, i was about to give up on fonts lol. good post for all us dumb ass people Very Happy
yryana 
RaptorRaptor
yryana

Male
Character in WOW
Server: Warsong PRC PvP (战歌)
Name: Yryana
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSat 3 Nov 2007 - 7:18  #
thx np Smile good to know other people need it hehe....just ask anything you wanna know (hope i can answer)

cya ppl

yryana
Edzhu 
ImpImp

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2007 - 14:56  #
Hello there. Well done on the file which lets me play my favourite MMORPG in my native language!

However there is one problem; I cannot download the file!

In case you are wondering, I'm talking about the patch that will allow me to see Chinese characters, names etc etc.

I get a 404 error when I attempt to access the site. Could you please provide an alternative download point?

Thank you.
massacraur 
DefiasDefias

Male Location : Beijing WOW cybercafe

Character in WOW
Server: Beijing2- Warsong (战歌)
Name: Massacraur
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2007 - 2:44  #
scroll up a bit on this post- read the comment made by yryana Very Happy
Edzhu 
ImpImp

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2007 - 19:35  #
Haha, silly me!

Thank you very much everybody.
vatia 
ImpImp

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2007 - 16:01  #
i can`t enter on CWOW with US client plz help me ! my e mail is vati05@mail.ru and skype : bobola_17
vatia 
ImpImp

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2007 - 14:48  #
http://bbs.ngacn.com/read.php?tid=1023479&fpage=1&toread=&page=7

help me to translait this page
scampers 
DefiasDefias

Character in WOW
Server: Area 4 - 澳得兰克
Name: Scampers
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2007 - 14:44  #
Anybody running USwow on Vista?

i still cant get hanzi to show..unicode is set to chinese etc, but only get the ???

btw i can type hanzi in cmd.exe, just not wow Sad
zloitima 
RaptorRaptor

Male Age : 34

Character in WOW
Name: 礼君
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2007 - 15:55  #
unicode to chinese, fonts in the wow folder, and installed Google Pinyin.... writing/reading mei wenti...
AlpzStrike 
RaptorRaptor
AlpzStrike

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 诺莫瑞根
Name: Wezli
Guild: Thai Style

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Dec 2007 - 17:41  #
scampers wrote:
Anybody running USwow on Vista?

i still cant get hanzi to show..unicode is set to chinese etc, but only get the ???

btw i can type hanzi in cmd.exe, just not wow Sad

I'm running Chinese WoW on my computer running Vista and i've discovered that Chinese input doesn't work when your system locale is set to English. (mine is currently set at English US, used to be set at Chinese (Singapore) due to application language compatibility but i changed it back to English. I dont mind typing pinyin all the time)

If you really do need to input Chinese, change the system locale to a Chinese locale.
You can do this with administrator privileges by going to:
Start > Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Regional and Language Options > Administrative > [Change System Locale]

hope this helps! Smile
Aloha 
CritterCritter

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2008 - 21:31  #
I have followed all of your instructions, installed the fonts, but I still get question marks when I want to type.

I can read Chinese just fine, I just want to be able to write. I can write outside of the game, but not inside the game. It only allows me to write question marks.

Could anyone please help me? Thank you very much.
AlpzStrike 
RaptorRaptor
AlpzStrike

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 诺莫瑞根
Name: Wezli
Guild: Thai Style

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2008 - 5:44  #
Hmm, I had the exact same problem you had.
But i solved it by changing the system locale to a Chinese locale, are you sure you have done that? Doing so also requires a system restart.
Aloha 
CritterCritter

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2008 - 15:08  #
It works now. Thanks.
xavillon 
CorpseCorpse

Character in WOW
Server:
Name: Xavillon
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008 - 10:36  #
Not work for me :s
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2008 - 10:07  #
note to all:
my webserver is not active and will not be active ever again.
pita server is down, which means all links to and from www.i5studios.com are no longer working.
sway 
CritterCritter

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeThu 22 May 2008 - 7:22  #
i have followed all of the above steps and i still see question marks - using windows vista
chuck8583070 
CorpseCorpse

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun 2008 - 2:59  #
I followed the steps.
create font folder in root wow folder
extract zip files to that location.
enable language settings.

yet still I cannot see the realms list in Chinese. Have I missed a step here?
chuck8583070 
CorpseCorpse

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeTue 3 Jun 2008 - 3:04  #
Also I am running windows xp, so none of those funky vista screw ups
elpriest 
KoboldKobold

Character in WOW

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun 2008 - 8:57  #
You can use this link for the font guys:

http://rapidshare.de/files/39703284/Fonts.rar.html
chuck8583070 
CorpseCorpse

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008 - 5:45  #
Ok. to get everything to work finally. I had to get the ClearFont2 addon. afterwards I also downloaded the font pack from this website. Finally I unpacked everything into the addon folder in WoW folder. Now I can see Chinese everywhere. I am content.

Now to find my buddy and his guild.
dizzy 
ImpImp
dizzy

Male
Character in WOW
Server: 霜之哀傷
Name: Spayed
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jun 2008 - 6:37  #
I followed the above steps to see Chinese characters in the English client (English Windows XP). Works fine.

Suddenly, though, I cannot paste Chinese characters from WoW (copied using Prat) into other applications such as Word or Dr. Eye. I'd been doing this without problems for months (very handy!), but now I get garbage characters when I paste the non-unicode WoW Chinese text into any other Windows application. This stuff: §A¨º¦³¨S­ì©l¤j¦a¡H

I can still copy Chinese text from any source to paste into WoW, though. And I can copy Chinese text in-game and paste it in-game.

I've tried fiddling with the Regional Language settings in the Windows control panel, but the settings all appear complete, with Chinese selected as input method for non-unicode text, etc. One thing that maybe looks suspicious: in tab 2 of the Regional/Language control panel ("Languages"), both checkboxes are checked, but the 2nd one ("install files for East Asian languages") is grayed out (so I can't uncheck it).

Does anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot this?
gngai8 
CritterCritter

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Jun 2008 - 0:31  #
I've been playing around with this problem for a few days already

now, what i have been able to do is have the game text and other characters with chinese characters to show up...

however, with my UI mod which i got from: http://wow-tw.info/Forum.php?threadid=12238
i can't seem to get my targets name to show up in chinese, it'll just show a ?

i've done all the steps mentioned about with setting up a font folder in the wow directory.

anyone able to help?
pouetp0u 
GolemGolem
pouetp0u

Character in WOW
Name: Pouetpou
Guild: TCW

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Jun 2008 - 6:39  #
hi, I got the same problem before. Did you try to change the police of the add-on in addon settings?
Is it doesn't work, you could try X-pearl Smile it works perfecttly.
dizzy 
ImpImp
dizzy

Male
Character in WOW
Server: 霜之哀傷
Name: Spayed
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2008 - 2:50  #
gngai8 wrote:

however, with my UI mod which i got from: http://wow-tw.info/Forum.php?threadid=12238

Which of those mods is failing to show Chinese names?

Some mods do seem to handle Chinese characters differently. On my setup (English Windows, US client) Grid will show Chinese names, but Recount does not show Chinese names in the main window. The names will show properly though when I scroll over the individual dps bars for detailed views.

I notice that the screenshot actually has no names in Chinese. I assume he's set up this UI to chat in Chinese on the US server.
Wrip 
MurlocMurloc

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2008 - 17:22  #
hey guys,

I copied the fonts as instructed into my WoW folder but it doesnt work. Is there anything else i have to do?
Lythie 
CorpseCorpse

Female Location : Hangzhou, China

Character in WOW
Server: 山丘之王
Name: Lythie
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008 - 19:28  #
Hi All, might need some help too.

I have:

- setup the Font folder in my WoW Directory
- Installed the ClearFont2 addon
- Installed the UnicodeFont addon

I can see:
- Server name in Chinese
- Most everything that needs to be in Chinese as Chinese
- PC names in Chinese
- I can even type in Chinese as you can see from my WIM message in my screenshot

I cannot see, appears as ? still:
- Chinese PC names in the Social Tab (e.g. Friendlist)
- Chinese PC names in my X-Perl UnitFrames addon
- Chinese PC names in my Healbot addon
- Chinese PC name in my WIM addon

When I used to use China WoW client, that all worked, problem is I just couldn't understand anything. Now in my American English WoW Client, most of it works except those 4 mentioned above.

Please see these screenshots for more proof:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/2759561325_1d26f61151.jpg?v=0

and

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/2759561323_85e0c221e8_o.jpg

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
Lythie 
CorpseCorpse

Female Location : Hangzhou, China

Character in WOW
Server: 山丘之王
Name: Lythie
Guild:

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008 - 7:22  #
Ok, I got it working. I did overkill. No need for ClearFont2 addon. No need for Unicode Addon. Just have Font folder with 4 fonts, and voila. It all works.
bazza 
HydraHydra

Male Location : Hong Kong

Character in WOW
Server: 米奈希爾 / 雷鱗
Name: magey 掉哪星 bazza bunter fatbaz sham pali rogey deafknight barryone huntard wagyu
Guild: WTF

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008 - 10:14  #
everything is fine for me apart from 1 thing
the names above peoples head sometimes miss 1 char

any ideas?
bazza 
HydraHydra

Male Location : Hong Kong

Character in WOW
Server: 米奈希爾 / 雷鱗
Name: magey 掉哪星 bazza bunter fatbaz sham pali rogey deafknight barryone huntard wagyu
Guild: WTF

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008 - 10:24  #
gngai8 wrote:
I've been playing around with this problem for a few days already

now, what i have been able to do is have the game text and other characters with chinese characters to show up...

i've done all the steps mentioned about with setting up a font folder in the wow directory.

anyone able to help?

so dizzy did u get it fixed? i cant paste back and forth from wow to desktop... get the same rubbish chars up

the only way i get around it is to write a macro, put paste the text there and access the macro file in notepad ....
Naklin 
NefarianNefarian
Naklin

Character in WOW

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 10:15  #
ok...
seeing how this is still a weird topic for people....
let me do this LAST post, and someone lock it, or read well.

UNICODE FONTS:dont use unicode, dont use addons.
there is a rar which i made, which should still be circulating. 4 fonts, the biggest and most important (or all) should be around 30-33M if i recall correctly.
it IS that big because i compiled a font file myself which does NOT ONLY have english and chinese chars, but ALL other language specific special chars. that incluges swedis, french, german, and whatnotsoever languages that have accents, weird dots ro strange letter.
you will NEVER ever get a character not displayed.

to type, i am sorry my screens dont exist anymore, you have to change the language locale.
someone mentioned it, long after my screens are gone, and that is the only and best and right way to go. installing software to do that job = crap.

last but not least, people who dont see the names in the target frame or character frame, they might be using ADDONS.

for example, i am using ag_Unitframes.
ag_unitframes, per default will install its OWN font files. and thus not display the names in character / target / target of target / pet / etc. frames.
look inside your wow\Interface\AddOns\[name of addon] folder, and check for font files or font folders.
find the files, copy over any of the 30-33 Mb font files from the rar/zip i mentioned before, the one in your wow root, and rename it to the name of the font in the addon directory.
your addon wil now display all names.
in my case 2 addons bugged on fonts and i had to do that procedure:
ag_Unitframes
Recount (DPS-Meter)

IF the rar / zip is no longer circulating, anyone with webspace PM me login info to any space on the web where i can upload it to. i SADLY can't email 33Mb attachments. so give me some login info and i am golden to upload it agaian for you guys.

kisses n hugs,
Nak
Globuline 
Timmy The CruelTimmy The Cruel
Globuline

Female Age : 38

Character in WOW
Server: maduolan-马多兰
Name: Globuline
Guild: Cow Eaters

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep 2008 - 15:26  #
Thanks Nak,
The subject should be closed for a long time but since people always ask for information, I'll leave it open. Better having the same question over and over again in 1 topic than in loads.

Although I'd like people to read these topics more carefully to avoid the same asking again and again.
Sponsored content 

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d I_icon_minitime  #

READ + WRITE in Chinese in-game - updated 2008 Nov 2d

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com