Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 _
  WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 8:00  #
Ashra strange you saw the invalid game version message caus the servers aren't supposed to work. I'm quiet sure you are still logging on the private servers or US servers. Check your realmlist.wtf and config.wtf files and be sure that there is
set realmlist cn.logon.warcraftchina.com
in both of them
Aethelfaed 
MurlocMurloc
Aethelfaed

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 10:29  #
The MPQ you have installed just communicates with the server what version you have.

If you have WOLK 3.1.3 installed it tells the server that you have access to all current content (retail servers) so if your playing on a private server or in this case on a Chinese TBC only server it does not matter if you have WOLK installed as long as the patched version of your game is the same as the server your trying to access.

In some cases on private servers this is not even mandatory

ie. a 3.0.9 server is accessible with a 3.1.3 install, but on retail you will have compatability errors if it is not the same patch (game version is irrelevant, as long as you have at least tbc or wolk installed).

After you download the WoW.exe and replace you should change your realmlist.wtf to this (for versions other than chinese)

set realmlistbn ""
set portal cn

You don't need the patchlist line in there it is irreleveant as you can't patch a english version with chinese version, if you really want to you can actually include the enGB or enUS patchlist for when WoW is updated in the US or GB (china following there lead and updating in future) and then just run the Launcher.exe file.

This will register your patchlist and version as an enGB or enUS and start to download the new patch from the Blizzard downloader (then once again you just need to change the realmlist.wtf file as it may reset and aquire then new chinese wow.exe)

Last edited by Aethelfaed on Sat 25 Jul 2009 - 10:51; edited 1 time in total
Aethelfaed 
MurlocMurloc
Aethelfaed

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 10:38  #
and about the .exe, yeh this is why I requested it because an internet cafe down the road just finished changing there WoW over to the new updated version and I noticed the difference in version....

change your .exe and realmlist.wtf (if you already have wolk installed no problem), if you don't I seriously suggest downloading from torrent now why servers still offline

http://search.utorrent.com/search.php?q=wrath%20of%20the%20lich%20king&e=http%3a%2f%2fisohunt.com%2ftorrents.php%3fext%3d%26op%3dand%26ihq%3d&u=1

Torrent file from ISOHunt 7.72gig take you about a day or 2 max depending on your connection to download.

If you want to be safe just put this in your wow folder and install once China updates instead.

This means that when china finally does get around to Wolk all you need to do is, oh wait nothing you already have the current version the wow.exe and your realmlist.wtf set (you just need to LOG IN as per normal, was that easy or what).

If you don't have Wolk installed and they release it you will have to patch again all the way back from 3.0.2 I think it is, ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!

Last edited by Aethelfaed on Sat 25 Jul 2009 - 12:08; edited 1 time in total
leewaihom 
FelhoundFelhound

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 13:46  #
juli is that u?
long time no c! i'm this close to create char in TWOW when i heard the news that CWOW reopens. Let's hope we meet sooner!
And Alex, do u think u can write a new post, indicating how to update and play CWOW if players have EU/US/CN clients? I mean u write the post and put it on top so that every cow eaters can see it.
stItCh 
OnyxiaOnyxia
stItCh

Male Location : 99% Suzhou and 1% Germany

Character in WOW
Server: MaDuoLan - 马多兰, Menethil-米奈希爾-TW
Name: Juliask-Zobun
Guild: Cow Eaters

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 14:20  #
Yeah its me. See you soon online again i hope the raids are stable on the new servers. I am so looking forward for the dual spec!!
Hirna_zjmj 
Mukla the gorillaMukla the gorilla
Hirna_zjmj

Male Age : 31

Character in WOW
Server: 耐萨里奥
Name: Hirna
Guild: 天國的記憶

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 14:32  #
I can't wait till september to be back on WoW !
Gast 

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 16:49  #
Tomorrow I will write a new post incl. screenshots how to install/update US/EU WOW clients and make them running on chinese servers. It will include all relevant information like fonts, realmlists and so on. And hopefully I don't need to modify it next Thursday.

It will be finish latest on monday evening, depends how many beers I will have tomorrow.
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 16:57  #
BTW talking about fonts. I sooo wanna play with original fonts but the problem is we can't see chinese. So i just play with Arial narrow font or whatever but it is so ugly and boring...If someone has any idea of how include chinese fonts to the original ones without switching completely...would be nice.
Gast 

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 17:05  #
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 17:33  #
I know i have the font link for ages, but i'm bored of playing with Arial narrow font (which is a unicode font : it allows us to see chinese). I wanna find a way to keep the original font AND add chinese characters too !
Nous 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Nous

Male Age : 39

Character in WOW
Server: CN1 / 马多兰 / PVE
Name:

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 17:45  #
Hi dudes,

I've been following these topics point per point. I'm actually installing everything till the 3.1.3. Then I'll change the realmist and config file+exe.

However I have some questions.

1/ Are you playing actually? I still do not understand if it's ok or not.

2/ I bought the new card today. When I saw the sticky I do understand how does it works but I do not know why there is a sticky about battlenet.cn.

What the hell is it? Do I need to make this procedure in order to play to Wow China?

Cheers. Enjoy your week end. Thx
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 17:55  #
The game is re-launch on July 30th. So we can't play ATM.
The game cards don't have anything to see with battlenet, but I dont know if you can reload your account if the game is not active yet.

On july 30th you will be able to play, if you already had a wowchina account. If not then you'll have to wait till every aspect of the game is checked by governement.
Nous 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Nous

Character in WOW
Name:

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 18:08  #
Ok so, actually I aldready had 3 accounts, I mean before the down.

So it seems that I do not need to make any account on battlenet. Let's say that the battlenet is a way to create a full acount.

Thank you, bro' dwarf.

PS: Still another question. Everything is done on my side and I can not reach anything. So how could you forecast all these modifications?
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 19:12  #
We always have the same problems each time there is a new patch, we always fix it the same way Very Happy There is no forecast, just applying the same things again and again Wink
Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Fluberwinter

Male Age : 29

Character in WOW
Name: Wushu/Thron
Guild: The Crazy Waiguoren

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 20:53  #
All I got to say is... Sims 3 get booorrrring!!!
I WANNA WOW MAH' SELF UP @#$%*$!!!!
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2009 - 20:55  #
Meh wanna own latest topics on teh portal !!11eleven!!1
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009 - 14:46  #
Nous wrote:
Ok so, actually I aldready had 3 accounts, I mean before the down.

So it seems that I do not need to make any account on battlenet. Let's say that the battlenet is a way to create a full acount.

Thank you, bro' dwarf.

PS: Still another question. Everything is done on my side and I can not reach anything. So how could you forecast all these modifications?

Nous you MUST do the procedure explained on https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/general-f1/battlenetcomcn-account-setup-t1117.html

Unfortunatly the author of the post didn't find usefull to explain why you should do this. Everyone who owned a th9 account must create a battle.net account and bind their the9 account to it. You won't be able to play untill you do this.
Nous 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Nous

Character in WOW
Name:

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009 - 15:16  #
How do you bind it? That's the question...

I suppose it's when they are asking for your chara name. But after that how to know if everything is done and correctly? I can not read chinese and I'm pretty afraid to lose my account.

PS: I have not done it yet.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Character in WOW

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009 - 15:26  #
I dunno just follow the procedure and log into your account. Use google translation tool if you're not sure about something. Can't do it for you sorry bro
Gast 

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009 - 15:48  #
In the moment the chinese battelnet support are very fast with feedback. But for sure only in chinese language.

3 days before my wife starts to create their battlenet account. She binded her old The9 account to her new battlenet account and directly, because of the exciting moment, she binds also my old account to her new battlenet account.

After a moment of thinking, we both found that this could be a problem in the future if we want to play the same time.

After a support form and 2-3 emails I got my old The9 acount transferred to my own battlenet account.

All this, is only possible for native chinese writers, but usually all of us has chinese friends, collegues, assitance which can help out on this chinese battlenet.

Btw, i created only for wow now a @163 email account, to make sure, I get my feedback right in time and not in some spamfolders of euopean mailcompanies.
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009 - 18:19  #
All we had to do is wait till thursday!
Count down to super fun time! 1,2,3,4...
MikeyKwan 
CritterCritter

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009 - 18:39  #
Will there be any hope for the Mac users?
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009 - 18:41  #
Well yes there is.
Install Bootcamp and Windows and here ya go Very Happy
Urubaen 
AdminAdmin
Urubaen

Male Location : London

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克 - CN1(PVP)
Name: Sandre
Guild: TCW

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009 - 18:45  #
One question. Which line if text are we supposed to write in realmlist.wtf?
- set realmlist cn.logon.warcraftchina.com
set realmlist bn"
set patchlist cn
OR
The one bol mentioned in the 1st post?
Hirna_zjmj 
Hirna_zjmj

Character in WOW

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2009 - 18:56  #
You have to replace set realmlist eu/us.worldofwarcraft.com by

Fluberwinter 
DragonspawnDragonspawn
Fluberwinter

Male Age : 29

Character in WOW
Name: Wushu/Thron
Guild: The Crazy Waiguoren

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009 - 8:39  #
It's not that hard...
~clandestine~ 
CorpseCorpse
~clandestine~

Male Age : 32

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2009 - 13:22  #
why t f doesnt it work?... i patched my enUS wow to 3.1.3...
exchanged the wow.exe to the chinese one of 3.1.3 ...
changed the goddamn realmlist too...
and it just wont f'in work...
Gast 

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Aug 2009 - 5:08  #
read the sticky one. It's not done by exe and wtf this time.
Sponsored content 

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitime  #

WoW china is back+need to update to 3.1.3+new realmlist

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com