Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

TPS issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Male Age : 49

Character in WOW
Server: Bronzebeard
Name: Rectum, Salty, Carebear and all the others..
Guild: yes

TPS issues _
  TPS issues I_icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2009 - 19:53  #
Hey all, just wanted to check if any Druid tanks are experiencing threat issues?
I haven't used a Druid to tank before the latest patch we have so I can't identify any changes. All I can say is it really seems to suck.

I have ZS and FQ tanks and threat is not any issue be it 5 man, 10 or raids, i get no problems holding aggro in groups or on bosses, but Druid ....eeeesh!!

its even hard in 5 mans and crap like KLZ? I have 5/8 T6 and some othe HS/BT kit. I can't log on a check exact now because i am hiding from healing a guild KLZ.

I am crit immune capped at 415, around 47% dodge, big crit, around 2900AP and 17k HP unbuffed for all.

rotation is usually faerie fire pull, swipe, demo roar, maul (glyphed) and tabbed lacerates until maul is off CD.

Still sucks, I gotta taunt all the time. I tired other variations of pull, roar and maul/swipe.

Looking on the EU forums it seems many people also have this problem with their latest patch post Uldar, quite how this would effect us I don't know? perhaps some of the mechanics are included in our current limbo patch.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, perhaps if you have a druid go feral for a FB and let me know how you get on.

No flames please, believe me I DO know the mechanics of the game and tanking, this just seems odd.
leewaihom 
FelhoundFelhound

TPS issues _
  TPS issues I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 1:06  #
what version r u playing?
I'm playing chinese non-WLK 3.1.3 and in this version, feral druid NO LONGER need 415 defense skill to be crit immune, if u have the talents right. So consider how many defense gems/enchanting u can give up? Replace all ur defense gems/enchanting with agility gems and enchanting, and personally i garantee that u would have brand new experience.
I have 5/8 T6 +MH weapon + BT items feral druid, and i don't have problems holding aggro unless the damage dealer is SW level.
Also what's maul? Is it mangle? Mangle increase damages done by DOTs and with a special talent, DOT could have crit hits so i guess u miss mangle.
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Character in WOW

TPS issues _
  TPS issues I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 3:02  #
yeah sorry mean mangle.

crit immune is 490 def but with freal talents gets reduced to 415. I am gemmed for stam and agi as far as I recall. I will post my stats as soon as the weekly downtime is done. and yeah playing the same CWOW ver as you guys.
bolomas 
AdminAdmin
bolomas

Male Age : 41

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP) Horde
Name: Smallearth
Guild: The Crazy waiguorens

TPS issues _
  TPS issues I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 5:00  #
heya Ashra, I suppose your problem is when tanking a lot of mobs at the same time.

So first thing first druid tank need a little more time than other tanks to build aggro on multiple targets(swipe hit like shit), secundo you shouldn't spam anything other than swipe and a tabbed maul. why? because each lacerate and demo roar waste a general cooldown and that s where you loose on aoe threat race.

Swipe->swipe->swipe and make this gcd roll as smooth as possible and aggro problem will be past story. Good dps will know you ll need 4 seconds before hittig all their cds and oneshotting everything.

Edit : I ve done coilfang 3FB as retribution 2days ago with a feral druid tank and didn't OT stuff, seemed fine.
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Character in WOW

TPS issues _
  TPS issues I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 6:13  #
OK, most rotation guides use lacerate as a primary tool in rotation, but i will try without. I am also gonna use a macro to combine maul with every swipe raising threat, (will have to see how much of an aggro dump it is though)

Gear wise I have no probs. Double checjked the crit cap again and it seems to be 415 for druid, which i have.

pretty much gemmed for STA, AGI and DEF.
STR:456
AGI:612
STA:1325
Armour: 20313 (66%)
Dodge 43%
HP 17k
Damage 730 AP: 2800
crit 35% chance
Expertise (for what we can get atm) 11

These stats are unbuffed.

I'm guessing my main problem is not having the burst initial aggro of my pally or warrior, and I'm petty much always tanking for T6/6.5...and we all know how the chinese love to open with a heavy burst of trinket BUFFED AOE.

I'll go try some stuff and have a check on the actual TPS stats compared with QS and ZS and post back. Thanks for the input guys....
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Character in WOW

TPS issues _
  TPS issues I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 7:12  #
sweeeeet all sorted.

Was missing a maul before an ability, makes all the difference, like a pally with no tank buff up.

For anyone else needing help i use the following macros:

lacerate

/cast lacerate()
/cast !maul()

swipe:

/cast Swipe (Bear)(Rank 6)
/cast Maul(Rank Cool

mangle:

/cast Mangle (Bear)(Rank 3)
/cast Maul(Rank Cool

This one works really well on a big group of mobs:

/castsequence reset=4 Mangle (Bear)(Rank 3), Lacerate, Swipe (Bear)(Rank 6), Lacerate
/cast Maul

Lacerate I think is important if you have the rage to dump and can drop it into a macro, the DOT is a great bonus to threat when tanking a larger group. tho i agree for single/double targets not really worth it.

Problem solved !! ta all.
leewaihom 
FelhoundFelhound

TPS issues _
  TPS issues I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 13:34  #
u need 5.6% crit immune and the talent alreadt give u 6% so there's no need to have defense gem/enchant
plz check the talent under the feral charge.
think of that, 415-350=65defense skills, which is 7 * 10defense gems. Change that with 7 agility/sta and u got 70 agi.
also it would help me to understand ur stat if u can link ur talent in this post.
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Character in WOW

TPS issues _
  TPS issues I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 15:30  #
checked it already with current talent patch:

"It is, in fact, 415 - actually, you need 5.6% crit reduction, and you get 3% of it from Survival of the Fittest. So the remaining 2.6% has to be made up through defense, resilience, or some combination of the two. "

"You need 5.6% anti-crit. If your feral with the talent that means 415 defense with 0 resilience. If you don't have the feral talent that means 490 with 0 resilience. If you have resilience it gets complicated, but you need 2.6% total between defense and resilience with the talent. "

Which is what I said, I have 490 on both ZS and FQ to be capped but feral specced i only need 415 which i currently have.

Problem solved anyway, it was simply a case of adding maul in to the rotation via macro to create the extra threat and damage. No grp probs and no rage issues. Just solo tanked ZAM as a check run and no problems holding aggro now and moved from 7th to 4th on the overall damage recount chart to boot. DPS gone from 480/500 to 850.
Ashra 
DragonmawDragonmaw

Character in WOW

TPS issues _
  TPS issues I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2009 - 15:44  #
Nah ur totally right!! 350 now for Def. was looking at old patch info. cheers again lee !

more AGI indeed!
Sponsored content 

TPS issues _
  TPS issues I_icon_minitime  #

TPS issues

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com