Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft

For those who want to play World of Warcraft cheaper on the Chinese realms (in Chinese, English or other languages)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GlossaryGlossary  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WARLORDS OF DREANOR - RELEASE ON 13.11.2014

FOR THOSE HAVING CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS CHECK HERE!

Share | 

hello world

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
skar 
MurlocMurloc

hello world _
  hello world I_icon_minitimeSat 4 Dec 2010 - 11:52  #
Hi,

just stumbled by accident over this website. Looks quite well organized and gets my hopes up to have found an active english speaking community.

I consider to go through all the hassle to get a wow & account running - but to be honest, i dont speak a single word chinese and if i imagine myself among all the chinese online, well it is less than appealing - even if i am quite sure that i would otherwise enjoy the game.

I wonder on what server is the most active english speaking community and if i can play there from Shenzhen.

To be honest to play & relax on a casual level is all i want - preferably in nice company. My job and frequent business trips wont allow for some serious competitve raiding.

cya
Skar

Muhan 
WyrmWyrm
Muhan

Male
Character in WOW
Server: CN1, PVE, Alliance, Maduolan (玛多兰), Silvermoon (银月)
Name: Loklok, Lokatme, Huntar, Magicjack, Urdead, Warry, Lokabubble, Bloodymerry / Bewitched
Guild: Swiss Bunnies

hello world _
  hello world I_icon_minitimeSat 4 Dec 2010 - 12:30  #
Hi skar,

welcome to the Foreign Community at World of Warcraft China.

First of try to get familiar with the website, since most questions have been answered in many posts.

You will find a guide on how to setup an account and if you wish, you can even play with an US/EU etc. client. Check the top left of the webpage, where it says "Important Guides".

Please follow the guides, especialy about the chinese ID card.
And yes, you will need a valid Chinese ID, and one where the owner is over 18yrs.

If you do have problems, please state what you did and where the problem occurs, so that we can help you.

For where to play, I would recommend the following thread:
https://wow-in-chinese.forum2jeux.com/general-f1/don-t-know-where-to-play-read-memainland-servers-only-t1514.htm

For most of the active guilds you should type the following in your chat, so that you can conntact potential guild members of the realm:
/join english

If you have concerns about lag, the easiest IMO is, to make a human character on the realm you choose to play and run to Stormwind and walk around, best time would be between 18:00 and 20:00. This will give you a rough idea how your connection will be.

Good luck.
skar 
MurlocMurloc

hello world _
  hello world I_icon_minitimeSat 4 Dec 2010 - 18:55  #
Thanks.

Chinese ID should be no problem, one of my chinese colleagues will be happy to help me Wink.

First I will finish downloading the client and lets see how far I get with the guides etc.

I already read most of the guides, I am just not sure how up2date they are thanks to the new addon and thus a starting point of a 4.x client.
skar 
MurlocMurloc

hello world _
  hello world I_icon_minitimeSun 5 Dec 2010 - 13:24  #
hmpf after downloading and re-starting the enUS launcher it happily announced to me that it want to downlaod 8GB again -.-.
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Male Age : 37

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP)
Name: Avanti
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

hello world _
  hello world I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Dec 2010 - 5:23  #
Dont update the client else you cant play...
Also for Shenzhen you should go to the CN1 servers.

Good Luck !
skar 
MurlocMurloc

hello world _
  hello world I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Dec 2010 - 8:59  #
As I could only download client 4.x for a basic installation and cannot downgrade i need to get my hands on a client first.

Hmpf probably have to buy a wotlk us client on good old dvd or something.
StiXx 
NecromancerNecromancer
StiXx

Male Age : 37

Character in WOW
Server: 奥特兰克-CN1(PVP)
Name: Avanti
Guild: The Crazy Waiguorens

hello world _
  hello world I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Dec 2010 - 11:06  #
If you have an FTP or something I can send all the files to you since I have copy's.
Would be a european client though but its English.
skar 
MurlocMurloc

hello world _
  hello world I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Dec 2010 - 14:48  #
thx, as bolo pointed out i missed a link (or two) so i am downlaoding now 3.0.1 - only takes 12hours Smile
Sponsored content 

hello world _
  hello world I_icon_minitime  #

hello world

View previous topic  View next topic  Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Foreign community at Chinese World of Warcraft  :: General -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com